Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesteve1111
LoSt iN SpAc3
 User Gallery

Conquering anxiety
    #18007357 - 03/25/13 06:44 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

For most of my life smoking pot has been a horrible experience for me due to anxiety. I used to get panic attacks all the time from smoking and also when I'm sober. Well I recently decided to start smoking again with a new mindset that I picked up off of a lot of posts on here by those that have experienced ego death. Since I am an over thinker when I smoke, I knew that I had to change that part of myself to have an amazing experience when I smoke instead of feeling like I'm dieing. I came to the self realization that the world doesn't revolve around me and people don't have me on their mind 24/7 and by changing that part of my personality I have been able to have an enjoyable experience when I smoke and I no longer feel high strung any more.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoader123
Male User Gallery

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: steve1111]
    #18007483 - 03/25/13 07:41 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Doesn't anxiety suck! I went through a 6 month panic attack and it was the most awful, depressing time of my life.

Anyways, I'm glad you were able to overcome the anxiety from smoking. My anxiety came after heavy smoking when I was younger. I always loved herb, but after a few years I started getting panic attacks here and there. Before I knew it I was having them nearly every time I smoked. That's when I realized it was time to quit.

Now I smoke every once in a while, but only a few tokes. Like you I learned to stop thinking so much and just let it take effect and enjoy the experience. I think it almost helps in a way, because if you can overcome the anxiety after smoking, you should be able to overcome it any other time. 

Be careful though, because if you are prone to anxiety, you may have more problems after smoking heavily for a long period of time.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: toader123] * 1
    #18007579 - 03/25/13 08:17 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

I stopped smoking because it gave me anxiety and made me way over think things.  Ultimately everyone is worried about themselves.  It is almost conceited to think people constantly are paying attention to your every move.  This mindset has helped me greatly, from giving speech's to general everyday life.  At the end of the day who gives a fuck what another person thinks?

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #18007736 - 03/25/13 09:14 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

steve1111 said:
For most of my life smoking pot has been a horrible experience for me due to anxiety. I used to get panic attacks all the time from smoking and also when I'm sober. Well I recently decided to start smoking again with a new mindset that I picked up off of a lot of posts on here by those that have experienced ego death. Since I am an over thinker when I smoke, I knew that I had to change that part of myself to have an amazing experience when I smoke instead of feeling like I'm dieing. I came to the self realization that the world doesn't revolve around me and people don't have me on their mind 24/7 and by changing that part of my personality I have been able to have an enjoyable experience when I smoke and I no longer feel high strung any more.

This is exactly how I went through with it, the power of the mind :thumbup:

It's easy to blame the drugs.

Offlinesteve1111
LoSt iN SpAc3
 User Gallery

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: Beanhead]
    #18007949 - 03/25/13 10:39 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Anxiety attacks use to overwhelm my life and I never really knew the root cause until I decided to over think the root cause while I was stoned. Smoking gave me the ability to rationally analyze myself and come up with a realistic solution to my problems. The problem was myself and being a conceded asshole was the only reason why I have always been high stung which most definitely caused my anxiety issues.  Beanhead is correct it really was a matter of mind of matter. Just by having the ability to change my outlook I was able to change my over all mood and feelings. Either way I feel much better and I am confident I have made a change for the better.

--------------------

Offlinetoader123
Male User Gallery

#18008055 - 03/25/13 11:09 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, when I was going through the worst of my anxiety, I swore that there was something physically wrong with me. I didn't believe that it was all in my head. When I finally went to a professional, he helped me understand that I was my own problem. I was over thinking everything and if I were to realize that I had control, I could ultimately stop the problem.. It feels really good when you can overcome something like that. It made me appreciate life so much more.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: toader123]
    #18008128 - 03/25/13 11:33 AM (11 years, 6 days ago)

What sucks for me is that I am completely aware that the anxiety is all in my head, yet I still cannot overcome it!!!!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: danlennon3]
    #18008434 - 03/25/13 12:35 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

swim laps at your local pool :feelsgoodman:

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinetoader123
Male User Gallery

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: danlennon3]
    #18008574 - 03/25/13 01:03 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
What sucks for me is that I am completely aware that the anxiety is all in my head, yet I still cannot overcome it!!!!

You can do it man. It might not be tomorrow, but I promise you can and will overcome it.. It sucks when you feel you have no control over your own mind. I always thought I was so strong minded until I went through my episode. Make sure you get a lot of sleep, exercise and eat a good balanced diet. Also, lay off the drugs for a while. They won't help, even benzos can make things worse if you abuse them. Live a good life that your happy with for a while and things should slowly get better..

Also note, I have no idea who you are or the lifestyle you live, so I may be rambling for no reason lol.. Those are just some things that helped me.

Invisiblethizzlemaniac
राम राम
Male User Gallery

#18008610 - 03/25/13 01:07 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

I had a bud who would get anxiety from smoking because of past drug charges and traumatic experiences during those times that left him almost scared to smoke with me because he felt it wouldn't be the same.  He moved away and I never got to smoke with him, but he lives near the Washington border now and apparently back to tokin' again!

--------------------
Hi how are you? How high are you?

:aum:

OfflineJesusIsLord
Jesus freak

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: thelanzii]
    #18008625 - 03/25/13 01:09 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
I stopped smoking because it gave me anxiety and made me way over think things.  Ultimately everyone is worried about themselves.  It is almost conceited to think people constantly are paying attention to your every move.  This mindset has helped me greatly, from giving speech's to general everyday life.  At the end of the day who gives a fuck what another person thinks?

just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

:paranoid:

--------------------

And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #18008787 - 03/25/13 01:34 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

I've had a tough battle with anxiety and panic attacks last year, it lasted for 3 months and was induced by a med I was taking back then. I was waking up anxious and I went 2 or 3 panic attacks per day. It was very exhausting and unpleasant. It made me a hypochondriac for a few months too which didn't help the overall anxiety. I couldn't touch caffeine at all during that time.

I eventually quit taking that med and the anxiety simply went away over time, then the panic attacks, etc. I can now drink caffeine normally.

Anxiety can really paralyze someone and is not pleasant at all.

I recommend Lexapro/cipralex. This med completely removes anxiety and is also an antidepressor that doesn't transform you into a zombie.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: danlennon3] * 1
    #18008839 - 03/25/13 01:42 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:

That proves that it is somatic in nature, there is a facet of it that is beyond your psychological control.

When I first developed anxiety it was very abrupt and unexpected. In junior high and high school I would often give speeches on science experiments that I conducted. It always went fine but then one year it was like someone flipped a switch in my brain and all of a sudden I couldn't give the presentations without having panic attacks. My mental process was like "Why the fuck is this happening? I don't actually care what anyone thinks and this is completely illogical." But there wasn't anything I could do about it. Things are still the same but that only really occurs when I have to speak aloud in public. For that I was prescribed propranolol (a beta-blocker) and that helps a lot. More recently I ordered etizolam online so I'm going to see how that works in a few days. Better living through chemistry.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: The_Aviator]
    #18009010 - 03/25/13 02:29 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Try a vaporizer. I've found that vaped weed doesn't create anxiety.  I believe it has to do with the THC being vaporized and the CBD being left behind. I'll have to do some searching, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that THC has a lower boiling point than CBD/CBN.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Offlinemenaice
Stranger
Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: carnage11]
    #18010580 - 03/25/13 07:40 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Anxiety SUCKS BALLS!!! i have come along way with my anxiety, it was extremely bad at one point having 2 panic attacks a day. Alot of it was cause of the meds i was on at the time. I still have very high anxiety when i have to drive somewhere. FEELSBADMAN.jpg. I really need to work on getting over my driving anxiety

Invisiblethelanzii

#18010711 - 03/25/13 08:00 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

JesusIsLord said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Im not sure if this is a joke or what.  I do not see why people would be out to get me.  Thinking you matter too much is what I was getting at.

OfflineJesusIsLord
Jesus freak

Re: Conquering anxiety [Re: thelanzii]
    #18010738 - 03/25/13 08:04 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

JesusIsLord said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Im not sure if this is a joke or what.  I do not see why people would be out to get me.  Thinking you matter too much is what I was getting at.

is it a joke? IS IT?  :somagnificent:

--------------------

And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Invisiblethelanzii

#18010757 - 03/25/13 08:08 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

woahhh man.  Blowin my mind.  Looks like old greg

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals