Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Few General Q's
    #1801042 - 08/11/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have read so much through the FAQ's over the last few months and now that this is my first grow and its almost over now to be honest I have a few questions.

#1 Do the cakes use the humidity in your terrarium? Because when I had 2 cakes the humidity was easily 100% now that i have more cakes in there I can't get it up over 90%.. or does perlite just wear out?

#2 when I harvest if there is one mushroom that is large and the others are just starting to get large but are not ready can I pick the one mushroom or must I pick the whole flush?

Thanks

--------------------
-weird

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: Few General Q's [Re: Ghosty]
    #1801085 - 08/11/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

#1 - the reason for this is because the perlite needs open surface area to evaporate...the areas where the cakes are retain moisture under them...

#2 - yeah you can pick just that one mushroom...alternatively you can just cut off it's cap and leave the stem on the cake until the others are ready...this keeps the mycelium and whatever pins are connected to the large mushroom from being damaged and gives time for the other pins to mature...don't worry about the stem rotting...it should only take 2 - 3 days for the pins to catch up...just make sure you make the cut with a clean instrument...but if the mushroom is all by itself with no surrounding pins at the base just go ahead and pick it...

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Few General Q's [Re: Ghosty]
    #1801103 - 08/11/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

by having more cakes, less surface area of the perlite is exposed .so, less evaporation .
yes, you may pick one and leave the rest, if you wash your hands first  :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom