Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
just a quick reminder...
    #1801041 - 08/11/03 10:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

...Planet X isn't coming and nothing is happening on dec 21st 2012. Oh, and there will not be a huge terrorrist attack resulting in 100 000 deaths this august.

In other news, let me tell you a dream I had the other night.

I was walking somewhere with a group of people. We were in a clearing beside a forest, and I started finding crystals. I lagged behind the rest of the group to dig in the ground and pull out these huge purple crystals. The crystals had fallen from the sky and were extraterrestrial. While I was digging them up I was being told how crystals are so special because the universe is totally chaotic and these perfectly ordered things come out of the chaos. I was stoked, but things got nightmarish after this.

One of the crystals I dug up was actually a trophy with big purple crystals in it. Y'know how trophies always have a figure playing the sport that the trophy is for? Like a bowling trophy has a plastic bowler on top of the trophy. Well, this trophy had demonic werewolves on it. I looked into the forest beside the clearing, and sure enough, the werewolves had appeared. They were growling and being viscious and scary. It took some brain power but I convinced myself that they didn't exist. If I believed they existed then they did, but if I could convince myself they didn't exist, then they would go away. Anybody looking at the trophy and thinking at all about the figures on it would summon the werewolves. Some guy came over and I showed him the crystals I'd found, and when he looked at the trophy, the werewolves appeared. I told him they didn't exist, but I could see he was scared, so the wolves were very hard to get rid of. We succeeded, but it was definetly harder to get rid of them when more than one person believed them because we would feed off eachother's beliefs and fears.

Once the werewolves were gone then some long skinny green snakes appeared and it was the same deal, we had to not believe in them to go away, but it wasn't working because the guy I was with was a panicking freak. I had a spear and I was trying to stab one of the snakes, but no matter how fast I stabbed I couldn't hit the snake. Eventually the dream moved to another scene and this part was over.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: just a quick reminder... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1801387 - 08/11/03 01:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sarcasm or not?

Anyways, those people that believe a certain thing really drag you down, don't they? If you are being sarcastic, I don't actually think it works like that, that one believes something, and then it is true, and the more people that believe it, the more real it is.

Me, I think it is more like the Matrix.. We are part of, the best way to describe it, a computer program. There are these rules, they define our normal reality. I think that once you realize this, that there are thes rules that box us in, that there is really any possibility, that ours is just the one that we are programmed into.

Realizing this is a far cry from being able to "see the code", so to speak, but belief is certainly a necessity on the path, belief in what is the question.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1801412 - 08/11/03 01:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the reminder...

I just had a strange dream too, last night. I was in an old house and went downstairs because I forgot to turn off the radio. I walk into the room and notice one of the doors was cracked open and the light is on. I distinctly remembered shutting that light off and closing the door.

I walked up to the door and began to open it, but it wouldnt open all the way. Then a hand suddenly reached out and grabbed the door, trying to shut it. That was freaky and I got scared. But then I pushed hard on the door and opened it. Turns out Micheal Jackson was in there with an assistant. I grabbed a nearby pole and started beating him up, but I got tired smashing his head because he was invincible. After that its a blur but I ended up dueling Will Smith and Sean Connery with a crowbar, because they were all trying to live for free in my basement. What a stupid dream.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: just a quick reminder... [Re: pattern]
    #1801430 - 08/11/03 01:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, let em stay but make 'em pay rent, you know they're loaded

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: just a quick reminder... [Re: neutralizer]
    #1801456 - 08/11/03 01:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, money is useless in the dreamworld.  But if this situation ever arises in the real world I'll know what to do  :nut: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1801457 - 08/11/03 01:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Then talk to them and ask them what they are doing there.  They may have something to say :smile:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/11/03 01:47 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1801463 - 08/11/03 01:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yo, fireworks, I don't understand! You're talking as if my reminder that 2012 etc. is all bunk is somehow related to my dream. Maybe it is, I don't know. Actually, you just kickstarted my brain and I have a new reality construct to divulge. I started this thread just to remind everybody that nothing big's gonna happen ever, and it's given birth to a brand new idea that, were I the right person, could make a million dollars from. How.... convenient.

I declare this thread over

FIN

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1801499 - 08/11/03 01:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dogomush said:
yo, fireworks, I don't understand! You're talking as if my reminder that 2012 etc. is all bunk is somehow related to my dream. Maybe it is, I don't know. Actually, you just kickstarted my brain and I have a new reality construct to divulge. I started this thread just to remind everybody that nothing big's gonna happen ever, and it's given birth to a brand new idea that, were I the right person, could make a million dollars from. How.... convenient.

No, what I'm saying didn't have anything to do with the dream, or at least I didn't mean that... I was just going off of what your dream was about. Please divulge, man, I'm interested in hearing (I can help). hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1809151 - 08/13/03 01:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

[quoteI just had a strange dream too, last night. I was in an old house and went downstairs because I forgot to turn off the radio. I walk into the room and notice one of the doors was cracked open and the light is on. I distinctly remembered shutting that light off and closing the door.

I walked up to the door and began to open it, but it wouldnt open all the way. Then a hand suddenly reached out and grabbed the door, trying to shut it. That was freaky and I got scared. But then I pushed hard on the door and opened it. Turns out Micheal Jackson was in there with an assistant. I grabbed a nearby pole and started beating him up, but I got tired smashing his head because he was invincible. After that its a blur but I ended up dueling Will Smith and Sean Connery with a crowbar, because they were all trying to live for free in my basement. What a stupid dream.

It makes sense to me. These people have invaded your mind through the media. They are now living in the basement of your mind and you want them out!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology