Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Datura safety
    #1800792 - 08/11/03 05:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Datura is something I've got a keen interest in and theres pretty much always a related topic on the first page. Read any one of them and it will be full of all sorts of horror stories and good advice. Instead of replying to each of these individually I thought id post what I know here. Sorry if this is unintelligible.  I *really* suck at writing and rambling is a habit of mine.

First off always make sure you have a reliable friend present preferably someone much stronger than you. Almost everyone will freak out on this stuff at one time or another.

Never ever ever go by dose amounts you see on the internet. Alkaloid content varies widely depending on different species, soil conditions and even time of day. Since theres no reliable way to tell. When you start working with a new plant always start with 1 seed and work your way up.

Dont mix it with other drugs unless you know what you are doing. Datura makes your heart rate and blood pressure go comepletly crazy. Any substances that effect this are likely to cause complications.

Dehydration and overheating are big problems with datura. Aways drink lots and lots of water. If you feel hot put a damp cloth on your forehead or take a cold shower.

Here is the nation wide poison control number 1-800-222-1222. I know it's a no brainer but phone it at the first sign of trouble. You cant expect them to always know what datura is, so tell them you are overdosing on a anticholinergenic drug.

The following are some diy treatments you can try. While these may help they are no substitute for an ambulance!

*ABSOLUTLY ESSENTIAL*
Drink a glass of warm vinegar. This is the traditional antidote for nightshade poisoning. its been used for hundreds of years so it must be of some worth. I'm unsure if it does anything else but the main reason for this is because it acts as a good emetic.

Take some milk thistle. Milk thistle is truly wondrous stuff.iIt's like spinach for your liver! Protects it real well and it's full of all round natural goodness.

Monkshood and muscimol counter the effects of anticholinergenics. Monkshood is highly toxic and this isn't recomend as its like countering a poison with an even stronger poison. Still maybe a small dose could suffice.

I know very little about chemicals so this is taken from the erowid datura faq.

Propranolol can be used to regulate the heartbeat in the following doses:
2mg every 1/2 hour as needed up to 6mg/day for adults
.5mg every 1/2 hour as needed up to 2mg/day for children

Dexamethasone 1mg/kg i.v. may be used for hyperpyrexia

Physostigmine Salicylate should be used IMMEDIATELY, in a 2mg INTRAMUSCULAR injection, and should be continually used if the patient does not improve (more specific directions are in the packaging, and the PDR). Physostigmine is often referred to as "Antilirium."

As far as i know physostigmine salicylate is the most effective treatment for atropine poisoning. The doctors will definatly pump you full of it.

I think that about covers it,  of course the best way to resolve your problems is to be smart and not to take datura in the first place!!!

If any of you know anything I missed out or just have some general tips please add them on.

Good luck and be safe.  :wink:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Datura safety [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1800886 - 08/11/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice post, 5 shrooms.

My idea of Datura safety is crossing to the other side of the road when I see it. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Datura safety [Re: Jackal]
    #1800897 - 08/11/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Very nice post, would you recomend taking milk thistle before any trip? that might basically make it non-toxic to your liver.

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: Datura safety [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1805176 - 08/12/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Are mushrooms & acid toxic to youre liver?

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Datura safety [Re: trev]
    #1805320 - 08/12/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not at all, unless you got some unpure acid or mushrooms laced with PCP, the real things are not toxic unless in rediculous amounts, and I consider McDonalds to be worse for you than shrooms or acid.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Datura safety [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1805381 - 08/12/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You can drink all the milk thistle you like but if you take to much your still going to be needing a whole lot of hospital. It'll sort your liver a great deal but it wont make it immune or anything.

I drink milk thistle once a week normally and I also drink it before and after taking datura. It may not be completely necessary but it certainly couldn't hurt.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1811168 - 08/13/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm well I was thinking of using Fly Agaric as the antidote because the active ingrediant is Muscari (sorry for spellin) which binds to the same recpotor site as Atropine, but does the oppisite effects. Both these drugs are anticholinergenic .

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (08/13/03 08:17 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Datura safety [Re: EvilGir]
    #1811463 - 08/13/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They both wouldn't be called the same family of drug if they did the opposite things. Atropine is an anticholinergic, it is given at the hospital with other drugs to increase the effectiveness of the other drugs given. It is also the antidote to nerve gas and insecticide poisonings. Muscimol, one of two prominent chemicals in Fly Agarics, is a CNS Depressant. Ibotenic acid, the other chem, is a Cholinergic and a CNS stimulating drug that causes poisoning type symptoms, known at the acronym SLUDGE or DUMBELS. I don't remember what the acornyms mean at the moment, i'll try to remember later. So in the case of these two chemicals if they're acting differently one is cholinergic and the other is ANTIcholinergic as it does the opposite.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1816282 - 08/15/03 07:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:

Great tips, its hard to find that info out even going thru all the datura posts. This should be made stick somewhere, either that or we should link newbies to this post when they ask questions so it can live on forever :tongue2: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag