Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 518 | 519 | 520 | 521 | 522 | 523 | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: nolongrlurkin] * 1
    #24353567 - 05/27/17 08:50 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:
How much should I pay for a 13" pach monstrose cutting that has minimal roots? It's about 2" at the tip and definitely deformed all the way down. Seller wants 35 dollars.. average deal or nah?

Sounds a little bit steep to me. Is it from an online source? Everything seems kind of steep to me for what online vendors are charging these days. I found a real nice rooted crested pach at Home Depot for $20 not that long ago. I would think that if you're buying locally the price is high, but if you're getting if from online its not too bad, as long as shipping isn't too expensive. I see semi monstrose (goes in and out of being monstrose) rooted pachs at HD and Lowes all the time $20 for two 12 inch rooted cuttings per pot.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24353596 - 05/27/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:
How much should I pay for a 13" pach monstrose cutting that has minimal roots? It's about 2" at the tip and definitely deformed all the way down. Seller wants 35 dollars.. average deal or nah?

Sounds a little bit steep to me. Is it from an online source? Everything seems kind of steep to me for what online vendors are charging these days. I found a real nice rooted crested pach at Home Depot for $20 not that long ago. I would think that if you're buying locally the price is high, but if you're getting if from online its not too bad, as long as shipping isn't too expensive. I see semi monstrose (goes in and out of being monstrose) rooted pachs at HD and Lowes all the time $20 for two 12 inch rooted cuttings per pot.

I think the price will be high if you're buying it from someone who sells trichos exclusively and knows what they are. Online is still pretty pricey unless it's just PC or an unnamed plain-ass bridgesii.  Homedepot or Walmart "steals" of big crests or trios of normal or monstrose pachs for $20 is the exception rather than the rule. The hobby is catching on and people are willing to pay stupid prices for rare cuts and named trichocereus clones, so $25-50 a foot seems to be the range they're selling for these days. Especially if you're getting into the really famous clones. In my area you see 6" tall PC pedro going for $15 in nurseries. And they sell out quickly! It's stupid.

Edited by P.Zappatecorum (05/27/17 09:01 AM)

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: P.Zappatecorum]
    #24353646 - 05/27/17 09:22 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Haha! Cool! Well it was kind of a theoretical post, as I have a few people interested in purchasing some of my babies.. I told the interested party I could sell it for 20 bucks and he never wrote me back.. haha! I still haven't officially sold any plants but I have 2 in progress still. I'm definitely not tryna rape anybody, but we all know it would be great to recoup some money spent in this hobby!

The hobby..

--------------------
Cannabis for the body, cubensis for the mind, cactus for the spirit.

OfflineAdammotherfucker
Mushroom enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Look behind you
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: nolongrlurkin]
    #24353999 - 05/27/17 12:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

My bridgesii seeds are finally sprouting :smile:

--------------------
:mjk::peyote::tmckenna::potleaf::kratom::growshrooms:

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Adammotherfucker]
    #24354013 - 05/27/17 12:25 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Still haven't planted my loph or peruvian torch seeds (gave one to a friend and she killed it) and I accidentally mixed up all my labels so I don't know which ones are which.

:thumbup:Got a big photo dump for you guys tonight!

Offlinekizatzhaddarak
Fairy Tail
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: jellyfish] * 1
    #24354033 - 05/27/17 12:34 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so the other day I was saying how I was waiting for my Trichocereus grandiflorus to bloom. Well, today I went out to my greenhouse and the bud had opened. I hope you enjoy these photos.

--------------------
The Sleeper Must Awaken!  (I do not advocate the ingestion of any substance without extensive research, and or the advice of trained medical and or spiritual personelle)

Edited by kizatzhaddarak (05/27/17 12:36 PM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

#24354171 - 05/27/17 01:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

P.Zappatecorum said:
Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

I think the price will be high if you're buying it from someone who sells trichos exclusively and knows what they are. Online is still pretty pricey unless it's just PC or an unnamed plain-ass bridgesii.  Homedepot or Walmart "steals" of big crests or trios of normal or monstrose pachs for $20 is the exception rather than the rule. The hobby is catching on and people are willing to pay stupid prices for rare cuts and named trichocereus clones, so $25-50 a foot seems to be the range they're selling for these days. Especially if you're getting into the really famous clones. In my area you see 6" tall PC pedro going for $15 in nurseries. And they sell out quickly! It's stupid.

Yes more people are definitely catching on and driving up demand. And its affecting availability and the quality of what is being sold. In 2014 I ordered bridgesii cuttings from a couple of well known online vendors and got big, fat, healthy cuttings for around $20 each. This last winter I ordered another bridgesii cutting from one of those vendors and had to pay over $30 for it. I received a small, yellow, stunted little cutting.

In my area Altman's supplies the big box stores with rooted pach cuttings. They're still $20 for two rooted cuttings in the container, but the cuttings seem to be getting shorter and shorter all the time and they sell out a lot faster. I'm surprised the price hasn't gone up yet.

There are still good deals on nice sized plants around here if you know where to look. Big landscaping nursery places usually. They dont really understand the value of what they have.

I've planted everything that i want to have at this point so it doesn't really affect me too much. But for someone trying to start a collection now it can be tough.

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:
Haha! Cool! Well it was kind of a theoretical post, as I have a few people interested in purchasing some of my babies.. I told the interested party I could sell it for 20 bucks and he never wrote me back.. haha! I still haven't officially sold any plants but I have 2 in progress still. I'm definitely not tryna rape anybody, but we all know it would be great to recoup some money spent in this hobby!

The hobby..

Nice collection NLL!

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

#24354233 - 05/27/17 02:12 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:

I've planted everything that i want to have at this point so it doesn't really affect me too much. But for someone trying to start a collection now it can be tough.

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

The hobby..

Nice collection NLL!

Thanks! Still working on it.. maybe one day I'll feel the same as you and feel like I've got what I want.. but at the same time, I do feel like I got a jump on some of the big names before they got too ridiculous..

And also-- the interested parties are still a go for my hunny bunches!! I'm soo proud of them!

--------------------
Cannabis for the body, cubensis for the mind, cactus for the spirit.

Edited by nolongrlurkin (05/27/17 02:14 PM)

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #24354290 - 05/27/17 02:44 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

The hobby..

Probably bears no relation  to the prices there, but this one a few years ago was ~$35 including shipping, Italy -> UK. ~6-7" an arm from memory, I was surprised by the chunkiness, which these pics don't carry through.

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Mostly_Harmless] * 1
    #24354536 - 05/27/17 04:40 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The first thing I do every morning is spark a bowl, swiftly following that, I get on (generic auction site) and check out the latest trichos.. I've gotten some crazy deals (to me) from the early morning purrouse..

Edited by nolongrlurkin (05/27/17 05:03 PM)

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
    #24354934 - 05/27/17 07:57 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to avoid the hucksters, the only sure way is to buy seeds and sow your own.  The downside is you have to bio-assay all the new plants yourself, no dodging the dodgy ones by buying a good named clone.  WTF, you only live once.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

InvisibleNeomorph
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: KenInVic]
    #24356162 - 05/28/17 10:28 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

What should i do to this poor cutting ?

Ive let it in dark for 2 weeks, than plant to straight sand

Any suggestion?

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Neomorph]
    #24356232 - 05/28/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well my miracle grow I used for my salvias and pereskiopsis just sprouted weeds and little insects. Fuck. At least I make my trich and loph soil from scratch but now I'm hesitant to plant my lophs because I threw 100 out (and some trichs) due to insects eating them wayyy too fast. Now I need to clean everything, get my soil pasteurized and try again. So lame. At least I pasteurized my seed starting mix of trichs and lophs 3 years ago and I doubt any weeds or insect eggs have made it inside. But I am not starting my 100 + cacti seeds only to have them die from bugs. I uploaded 15 trich pics on shroomery yesterday, just sorting them. Should post them soon. There's a cactus convention here in a week and a couple famous loph and trich growers will be there, pretty cool.

Even with the insects, the neem oil seems to be helping. My family is afraid of me using the non-toxic indoor insecticide end-all indoors despite it killing mites. They say they can smell it but the active ingredient is so dilute I swear all they smell is the soap it's mixed with. Smells like soap anyways.

Sorry if this contributed nothing. Soon I will put one of my trichs in my uncles new greenhouse and since I'm deathly afraid of bringing insects again for like the 10th time (unpasteurized soil, cat bringing shit in, someone mailed me peres covered in white flies, someone mailed me dream herb covered in aphids, my uncle after promising not to grow anything in my area accept from seed argued with me that all plants are grown from seed and greenhouses don't have insects (I worked at one for years and I have studied botany) so he brought in an oregano with thrips, someone sold me a peyote with so many pups, the size of a baseball or bigger and I didn't see the spider mites until they had eaten the whole thing plus my garden. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Sick of fucking bugs. That's why I'm not buying any of the peyotes or trichs at the convention unless I keep them in a greenhouse. Then when winter comes, everything in the greenhouse is going to need to be either extracted with solvent (probably not, too much work and illegal) or just boiled down and consumed.

I know I've asked this before but I've had a trich for like 12 years that hasn't flowered due to being under fluoros everyday. How do you trigger flowering in trichs? If that's too noob a question I'll UTFSE. Just curious how you guys do it.

Here's a couple photos while I sort the rest when I'm less busy. Since I mixed up my labels, does this/these look like a peruvian torch?

In fact what species do any of these resemble

Pretty sure these are pedros despite them looking nothing like my adult pedros

Youths:

More grown up pedros are at the back, including the big one in the glazed pot, the other bigger pedros are all pups from the big plant I bought in 2006. Now that is has no growing tip I've noticed soil stays moist a bit too long. Glazed was a bad idea but I was a noob, regular clay dries out fast:

And I remember someone on here commented a couple years ago maybe on my 4 ribbed bridgesii baby. I'll try to find a pic of when it was just a baby but considering it's under fluorescents and watered only like twice a month (I will increase frequency now that it's warmer inside), it's gotten a lot bigger.

Well despite me having to be somewhere far away in 30 mins looks like I did just pretty much sort through and post the photos I wanted to. Peace guys.

I'm still a noob so any advice is appreciated.

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: jellyfish]
    #24356487 - 05/28/17 01:28 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The best advice anyone can give you is to put those plants outside,
T5s are the best for starting seeds but once they get past a year old at most they really need Sun.

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: the_r3dz]
    #24356690 - 05/28/17 03:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I found all my seeds from before my move(s)! There were T. Macrogonus seeds in there, which I planted immediately this very afternoon :laugh:

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis]
    #24357898 - 05/29/17 12:30 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

My newest addition from a local nursery... It was marked as a trichocereus poco. A strain I'm not familiar w at all. It looks kind of diff than a lot of the google images..  So idk if its a legit name for it... But maybe it is, i really don't know squat about the trich world :lol:

You think it is a poco? Nevertheless, I'm happy to have a new, cool and spiny member of the green skin gang!

:yeahthatsright:

Cheek heat :tongue:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

OfflineStupendous-Yappi
Anomaly XB-311394
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24358008 - 05/29/17 02:33 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I also just got a T. Poco from lowes.
The pictures I see from sites I trust more seem to match.
The look of the cactus seems to change a lot when it gets older/bigger.

--------------------

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Stupendous-Yappi]
    #24358201 - 05/29/17 06:20 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I can't put my plants outside because, Canada.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #24358360 - 05/29/17 08:20 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

i had a skinny trich pach and people stole it - stupids - in the gulf south it's too cool for them to develop alkies

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
    #24358742 - 05/29/17 11:16 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
I can't put my plants outside because, Canada.

I'm in Victoria and my trichs are outside.  That said, they do come in for winter and to be put into a dormant state.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

Edited by KenInVic (05/29/17 11:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 518 | 519 | 520 | 521 | 522 | 523 | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck