Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | 508 | 509 | 510 | 511 | 512 | 513 | 514 | Next > | Last >
Offlinetrichlover
Wandering and Wondering
Male

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Lostsmiles] * 1
    #24216410 - 04/03/17 10:30 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So my LER and Taz haven't rooted yet, but my small TBM Clone B is finally popping a root after 3 months in perlite! :sunny:
Anyhow, here's a bridge and a PC pach throwing some pups, oh and a crazy crested/monstrose Graptopetalum I propagated:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: nolongrlurkin]
    #24216632 - 04/04/17 12:42 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:
Yes ml, there are parts that get barren and Sandy due to my dogs and little moisture, and just a few inches under is rich beautiful black/dark brown soil!

Are you able to plant them or is it too cold there?

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24216665 - 04/04/17 01:05 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I had success with a pc I planted last fall! Cereus and dragonfruit on either side of it got frostbitten. Low temps of about 27ish for a few hours.

And, I always forget to mention my bridge×grandis I have in a raised bed, they suffered no damage either!

--------------------
Cannabis for the body, cubensis for the mind, cactus for the spirit.

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: nolongrlurkin]
    #24216740 - 04/04/17 01:44 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

Some of those potted trichs would probably do good in the ground, lots of sun. If you get a real cold night there's always frost cloth.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Student of a Celestial Source
Male

Loc: Southern East Coast, The ...
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24217417 - 04/04/17 12:01 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hello pham...

I need some help please and its rather urgent.

Im new to cacti and my buddy has a few cacti that pretty much just landed in his lap, he knows nothing about growing anything but he knows I have Little Green Thumb so he wants me to care for these cacti at his house so that he doesnt kill them. I want to make sure I give them the best care possible but when it comes to cacti I to Im clueless on how I should care for them. I told him this but he has faith in me and he knows I have the resources to learn to care for them. There are 4 SP and a Bridg.

1;  12in        SP
1;    8.5in      SP
1;    7in        SP
1;    3in        SP

1;    7in        Bridg.

I dont know if we could ever bring ourselves to chop these babies down for ceremonial purposes but I want them to be grown in optimal conditions for peak potency just in case I one day decide to go this route.

1. What is the best soil/growing medium I can use for them? (For peak potency)

2. How often should I water them? (For peak potency)

3. Should I fertilize them and if so with what and how often?

Thank you guys so much in advance for the help.

--------------------
Love, Light & Happy Trails

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: S Appalachia
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt] * 2
    #24217455 - 04/04/17 12:26 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

1. Opinions vary

2. Opinions vary

3. Opinions vary

I use a rich soil like one would use for cannabis or tomatoes. I water mine everyday during the summer, but I exclusively use smart pots, so you may not want to if you're using plastic. I give mine lots of kelp and some other organic amendments.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: El Torcho] * 1
    #24217655 - 04/04/17 02:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I make a mix for my trichs with soil stones and perlite about a third ish each, can get away with more soil for trichs than say a loph cant you.
Watering varies I'm ashamed to say I have no regimen, just as and when, nothing oct-march time.
Not sure on ferts, I have a cactus feed I was sent off another cactus grower. Mix it with water.

I just started watering my cactus again as warming up nicely here, and my trich pup does appear to be growing again, I see light green bits pics to follow :awesome:

--------------------
"For a modern disease to be related to an old-fashioned food is one of the most ludicrous things I ever heard in my life" - Surgeon General Dr T L Cleave

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

You can only lead a horse to water :shrug:

InvisibleA Stoned Fungi
Avid Jellyfisher
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: Cali Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #24217728 - 04/04/17 02:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Something that helps me a lot is the application of sulfur powder/spray. The most common enemies of cactus seem to be rot and frost. Sulfur is cheap, a secondary nutrient, and its an amazing preventative measure for germination of spores. Couple this with a careful watering regime and some good draining soil and rot should never be an issue.

To prevent frost you would want a greenhouse, horticultural fleece or shade clothe blankets, or circulatory fans and smudge pots.

Bleach all your tools when doing cuttings, I've tried copper dodecyl sulfate and it doesnt help enough with bacteria. Simply bleaching the tools and cuts with 10% solution and then dipping the end in sulfur powder has kept all my cuttings from rot. Whereas before i would lose about 10%.

--------------------
:mushroom:  :mushroomgrow:  :sporedrop:  :1up:  :greenshroom:  :mushroom:  :pinkshroom:    California Mushrooms  :badshroom:  :pinkshroom:  :mushroom:  :mushroomgrow:  :greenshroom:  :mushroom:  :sporedrop:  :1up:

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: A Stoned Fungi]
    #24220224 - 04/05/17 12:48 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I'm a bit concerned with my favorite bridgesii plant. It started getting what looked like the start of weeping rot (the black marks) but now it's getting discolored, and yes, squishy to the touch. Must be some sort of rot, but my question is howwww? It hardly ever gets watered. About 2 weeks ago I watered it with liquid ferts. Would an over fertilizing cause anything like this??

*edit* oh and my climate is hot hot. Not much of a dormancy period, though I do cut way back on watering through winter.

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Edited by shroomizzy (04/05/17 12:49 PM)

Offlinetrichlover
Wandering and Wondering
Male

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: shroomizzy]
    #24220398 - 04/05/17 02:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Are they in a high humidity environment? If the top is squishy you may want to just top the plant and let it pup, not really sure how big this guy is.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: trichlover]
    #24220763 - 04/05/17 05:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trichlover said:
Are they in a high humidity environment? If the top is squishy you may want to just top the plant and let it pup, not really sure how big this guy is.

Looks like standard weeping rot to me, probably from too high humidity or overwatering.

Generally they just leave some blemishes, I don't think I have ever seen it turn into serious rot.

Still better airflow and less water and humidity should help.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #24221183 - 04/05/17 08:12 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Bridgesii graft and OliviaXSharxx crest both from seed

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: NDStepp84]
    #24221223 - 04/05/17 08:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Almost looks like the right one is slightly variegated too!

Serious beauties.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: musiclover420]
    #24221643 - 04/05/17 11:36 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trichlover said:

Yes, it fairly humid here. But only until recently!  That guy pictured is about 18" 

Last year I had Nasty weeping rot through the summer on several bridge. But they never got squishy like this.

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

trichlover said:

Looks like standard weeping rot to me, probably from too high humidity or overwatering.

Generally they just leave some blemishes, I don't think I have ever seen it turn into serious rot.

It did look like standard weeping rot a week ago, today it has those super soft, off color spots. Definitely rot I'm sure, but not sure how.

I'll cut its face off tomorrow :undecided:

Florida sucks for growing bridgesii!!  My pachanoi, no problems at all. PC pach are also thriving! My bridges? I've lost a few....

--------------------

OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: musiclover420]
    #24221684 - 04/06/17 12:00 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

trichlover said:

Some clones are more susceptible to it than others, but yeah, I've seldom seen it require surgery. Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't turn to scar tissue and stop after a week you might need to cut out the bad spots. Occasionally it will start spreading through the soft tissue and you will have to be more aggressive with the removal. Even in that case, I have never completely lost a plant to it. For some reason it's always the bridgesii. Never seen it in a pedro or peruvianus.  :shrug:

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: P.Zappatecorum]
    #24221918 - 04/06/17 02:17 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Ive got my fingers crossed that I didn't over do it a few nights ago. I moved them out from under the overhang to get a good rain water soaking-- it ended up pouring cor a few hours. They are back under the overhang now with another bout of torrential rain coming tonite.. we shall see how well my soil drains.

--------------------
Cannabis for the body, cubensis for the mind, cactus for the spirit.

OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
    #24221922 - 04/06/17 02:21 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NDStepp84 said:
Bridgesii graft and OliviaXSharxx crest both from seed

Holy fucking shit that crest is boss.
:somagnificent:

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #24222043 - 04/06/17 04:33 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I like it too. :thumbup:

-

Edited by Pandemoon (04/06/17 04:34 AM)

Invisiblemodern.shaman
San Mescalito
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Zone 13
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: shroomizzy]
    #24222155 - 04/06/17 07:19 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomizzy said:
Quote:

trichlover said:

Yes, it fairly humid here. But only until recently!  That guy pictured is about 18" 

Last year I had Nasty weeping rot through the summer on several bridge. But they never got squishy like this.

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

trichlover said:

It did look like standard weeping rot a week ago, today it has those super soft, off color spots. Definitely rot I'm sure, but not sure how.

I'll cut its face off tomorrow :undecided:

Florida sucks for growing bridgesii!!  My pachanoi, no problems at all. PC pach are also thriving! My bridges? I've lost a few....

This is not hyping up a clone or anything but get a bridgesii Lucy clone. Hands down the most water/humidity tolerant cactus I've ever grown in Deep South Fl. Also my fastest growing clone beating even PC pach. Some people complained it is slow growing for them but probably not watering enough as I got 2 feet of growth in 1 year that was with only a year and a half in the ground. Would have easily grown much more this year if I didn't cut and left in the ground. A few members on here have a clone and up for sale on eBay. Have yet to test but it is bridgesii without a doubt and probably pachanoi or peruvianus cross. Deep dark green flesh no weeping black rot which is common with bridgesii I can't say enough good things about it and if it proves to be as strong as it is as at growing it will be THE clone second only to a few. I'm selling it right now but will acquire a clone again in the future. Also has a crested portion which is rare for bridgesii but the normal section is just as amazing if not more so. A must have for growers in humid regions if you want a bridgesii. Not even lumberjack did well for me in SoFl but it does hold up better then other bridgesii which do terrible in our area. Lumberjack is a little overpriced just due to its fame and Lucy will also go up after someone tests it and likes it. I've done my best to spread it so it doesn't get stuck in private collections. I'd say at least 30 different people across the us have it and it should go overseas soon.

You should also consider starting from seed and only keep those that do well on your area without grafting to test water tolerance. That's how I found Lucy even though I almost killed it off.

--------------------

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: modern.shaman]
    #24222322 - 04/06/17 10:14 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Good info, man :super: I like hearing other florida grown success/fail stories.

Oh, and all of my bridgesii ARE seed grown

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | 508 | 509 | 510 | 511 | 512 | 513 | 514 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden