Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Have you ever had an out of body experience?
    #17990762 - 03/21/13 05:29 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Have you ever had an out of body experience? How many? what was it like? Please share your out of body experience stories here. Did you induce it on purpose or did it just happen?

I have had a handful in my life, maybe between 6-12. They just happened, I did not induce them intentionally. I have tried inducing them a few times without success.

The main difference between the OBE and the lucid dream seems to be that the OBE begins in the bed, with a state of sleep paralysis an odd in-between states of consciousness threshold, at the edge of waking and sleep.

It is as though normally your body is paralyzed then you drift into a dream. But sometimes for whatever reason your body is paralyzed for sleep but instead of going to dreamland your mind stays in your body, and this odd dissasociative state, almost like ketamine perhaps. At this point one may feel hypnagogic hallucinations, hear voices, approaching footsteps, or see figures moving or sitting nearby. Often there is a great sense of fear and trepidation as though a threat is approaching.

This often distracts people from the opportunity to have an OBE. I have often freaked out when the sleep paralysis comes on , thinking people or zombies are moving in my house and I need to get up and grab my sword.

But if you relax, and don't fight it, you instead focus on floating up, out of your body. You can also sink down out of your body or roll out of your body to the side. This is the hard part.
I have often gotten this far but not been able to float out.

When I do succeed, there is a sensation of an intense vibration, like being electrocuted, and a sound like buzzing in the ears. Then I float out of my body into the top corner of my room and look down at my body in bed.

When you are close to the body there may be a kind of gravity trying to pull you back in. I had this experience an it made the room wobble back and forth like I was on a rocking boat, and I had to struggle away from my body.

In any case once out and away from the body I fly around, through the window, out to the city, over treetops, buildings, cars, people and roads below... and I just kind of fly around and look at stuff and trip out about how crazy it is.

Like I said its happened like a handful of times. The interesting thing was I had all those experiences and only later read a book about it where it said that the buzzing, the electrocution, and the gravity and rocking back and forth when you are close to your body are all typical pasts of the OBE. In other words the same characteristics happen for OBEs from person to person.

A Nasa astronaut had hundreds of OBEs  and wrote a book about it. Soul Traveler.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #17990770 - 03/21/13 05:30 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

triple c's used to fuck my shit up

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17990873 - 03/21/13 05:45 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

What is a triple C?

Oh yeah ketamine causes OBEs too.

:levitate:

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #17990890 - 03/21/13 05:47 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

I did a excessive dose of whippets and extacy and left my body.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
    #17990891 - 03/21/13 05:47 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Coricidin Cough and Cold.
A shitty source of dextromethorphan.

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17991255 - 03/21/13 06:55 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Have had many, recently it happened while sleeping. Twas interesting,, the colors!

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: something super extreme]
    #17991260 - 03/21/13 06:56 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

DMT and ketamine, respectively as well as simultaneously.

--------------------
14:31

InvisibleDarkElf
Don't let commies win!
Male

Loc: Almost Canada.
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #17991311 - 03/21/13 07:06 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

It happened to me once in a deep meditation.

I sat on my bedroom floor, maybe for 2 hours? It was just getting dark when I started, and when I came back it was completely pitch black.

It didn't last long (The OBE - The meditation was the 2 hour part)
I remember getting up (Felt very real) I walked around the room, and paced for a few seconds, and then started going towards my bedroom door, I looked back and their I was, sitting on the floor. I had a panic attack, and was back in my body.

I was so disappointed. I kept trying again after that, but when my body hits that awkward state of sleep/awake... I start to panic again.

--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

OfflineKILTRO
earching hard bro
Male

Loc: Melb,AUS Flag
    #17991352 - 03/21/13 07:18 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Ketamine has caused my OBE's

one time me and my best mate got so k-holed (while on fire mdma too)
we left out bodys and we travailing this dream realm  (dimension?)
together while telepathicly linked and having full blown conversations.
i remember at one point i came back for a brief second to see
my mate drooling on him self obviously out of it and at the same time
all i could her was his voice in my head.

was pretty odd so i closed my eyes and went back to it
fukcing experience to remember s-isomer ket is seriously
magical there is something about it.

another time while on ketamine and mdma i huffed down a double
nang, left my body completely only to see the word DEATH
viewed in-front of me in this big dark dimension.

that kind of freaked me out and nearly gave me a heart attack lol

Offlineberdinwall
<3 whooooshhh

Loc: West Virginia
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: DarkElf] * 1
    #17991368 - 03/21/13 07:20 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

DarkElf said:
It happened to me once in a deep meditation.

I sat on my bedroom floor, maybe for 2 hours? It was just getting dark when I started, and when I came back it was completely pitch black.

It didn't last long (The OBE - The meditation was the 2 hour part)
I remember getting up (Felt very real) I walked around the room, and paced for a few seconds, and then started going towards my bedroom door, I looked back and their I was, sitting on the floor. I had a panic attack, and was back in my body.

I was so disappointed. I kept trying again after that, but when my body hits that awkward state of sleep/awake... I start to panic again.

thats fucking awesome

--------------------

OfflineThe5thElement
Smile Friends :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: DarkElf] * 1
    #17991411 - 03/21/13 07:30 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Only once have I had an OBE, or the closest thing to it in my life.

It was my intention to try, so what I did was I laid down and put a track on repeat. Pretty much it was just some drums, shamanic drums or whatever you wanna call it... Anywho's after I got calm I started from the tip of my head to my feet relaxing my entire body, probably took about 15 minutes or so to do so but by the end I was completely relaxed.

I did some reading beforehand and got this tip from some girl off of youtube so this is what I did next.

I imagined walking up a flight of stairs, with each stair I would imagine getting lighter and feeling more relaxed. So by the time I got to the tenth stair I would be literally as relaxed as I possibly could be.

During this entire time of course my eyes were closed, so it is dark; duh..... But all of a sudden things got really bright, then I heard a loud ringing in my ears much like when you have had some hearing damage and you can hear the tone ring out for the last time.. I guess you never hear that exact tone every again or something, at least that's what I thought; but yeah anyways ringing, light,  and then I started vibrating a lot. It was like I could hear it, that's how much I started to vibrate. Then I literally felt myself lift up out of my body, and start to float towards the roof, I kinda freaked out because It actually worked and I was surprised as fuck. This all happened in a course of probably 15 seconds, the light and vibration/ringing/ floating.....

It was really bizarre, and that was my first attempt at trying to leave my body; other attempts I never felt like I floated, just vibrations and ringing. I stopped trying soon after, just didn't have time to lay down for an hour trying to do this stuff :shrug:

OfflineChakra Shock
Waxing Prophetic

Loc: The Enterprise
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: The5thElement]
    #17991766 - 03/21/13 08:24 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

I experienced an intentional OBE.

I was laying in a bunk bed thinking about seeing the people in the room next to mine and then I decided to try to visualize them, like I was seeing through the wall.
Well, that's almost exactly what happened. Immediately after thinking about seeing through the wall I passively watched the adjacent room and all the people rolling on the floor cuddling and laughing.
I never thought that I might be able to go flying around and travel to some other planet, so my quest ended with bringing my attention back to my body and I was completely paralyzed. Well... that was a shock. I still thought I may have imagined the whole thing, but as it turned out I had actually paralyzed myself and travelled over yonder.

Fun experience! Never been that close to an OBE since.

OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Chakra Shock]
    #17991899 - 03/21/13 08:48 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Everytime i take DXM now i leave my body/come back many times during the trip, its easy for me to do.

Other drugs its happened on: Salvia, Nitrous, MDMA

Had a sober experience with it once as well.

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #17992073 - 03/21/13 09:29 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

I've had multiple obe's, the best being experienced sleeping sober. Usually when I feel one starting up I get this trembling feeling in my ears. It can get uncomfortable, but if I stay still it all of a sudden snaps and I'm out.

A couple weeks ago I had one as I attempted an astral projection. I felt myself laying still yet floating, i was still in my bed while my body was asleep. After a while I felt as if my someone was pushing on my chest.Then I tried sitting up to come to in reality, but I couldn't, instead my body stayed stiff and i flipped up and off my bed without any gravity to interfere. I felt the wind rush past and blankets wrapped around me and I hit my head on the wall opposite of my bed and snapped my neck. In this OBE I was paralyzed. in reality sleep paralysis. I woke up shortly afterwards.

Two nights ago i started feeling it set in with the trembling ear sensation. Then it broke and I was free falling. I heard/felt the wind flying past me. Typically I lie on my back to induce an OBE, but this time I was on my stomach, and woke up in a panic thinking i'd suffocate on my pillows.
To put it simply OBE's are the shit. Only OBE I've had high was DXM, but IMHO nothing compares to an OBE while sober.

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

InvisibleJohnnyZampano
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? *DELETED* [Re: SoreSpore] * 1
    #17992118 - 03/21/13 09:38 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Post deleted by JohnnyZampano

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineJesusIsLord
Jesus freak

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: JohnnyZampano]
    #17992121 - 03/21/13 09:39 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

yes, salvia.

did what shrooms/acid never could.

but dayum, uncomfortable. i do not enjoy salvia.

--------------------

And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

OfflineDough
Chillin

Loc: New England
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #17992326 - 03/21/13 10:28 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

falling asleep after a night on moll, I know so little about meditation for now I try and create the tunnel behind closed eyes and follow it, I should look into it more

but anyway, i had been focusing, slipped out of awareness, shut down into sleep for a sec, then came back for a split second to sort of envision my spirit leaving in the exact same laying pose as I had slept, it faded immediately after and I knocked out..

I like spirituality as of recently, its a nice change for me

--------------------
Trippy Kit

trippy mane

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Dough]
    #17995884 - 03/22/13 05:15 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Thanks for your replies everyone trippy stuff!

So seeing as so many of us have had OBEs, do you think OBEs are proof that some kind of spiritual world exists, or that human consciousness can leave the body, and therefore is or could be some kind of life after death?

Personally I think OBEs are proof that life after death could exist, specifically because of all the cases where people who are put under for surgery float out of their bodies and then accurately witness things they had no way of seeing like what was happening in the next room over. To me this is hard proof that the materialistic reductionistic world view is false and essentially the world is much more spiritual and mysterious than it seems.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#17995986 - 03/22/13 05:35 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

It's funny so many said ketamine, because that was what I was going to say for myself. That stuff (at high doses) can make you leave your body and look around the room from another place, crazy when you think about it.  Is there a rational explanation?  No.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: qman]
    #17995995 - 03/22/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Unless you consider the independence of consciousness from the body to be a rational explanation.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#17995997 - 03/22/13 05:37 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

By the way the only reason they stopped using ketamine as a human anesthetic was because it caused so many people to have out of body experiences.

Ketamine basically proved the existence of the soul.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Moonshoe] * 3
    #17996001 - 03/22/13 05:38 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I used to work very hard to induce out of body experiences. I used to be very involved on the Astral Society forums (anyone else?). So yeah, I've had a fair share of experiences. I stopped working hard at it because I realized they are almost unavoidable if you just take a proper dose of a dissociative. I can share some tips though for those that want to get into OBE's:
1. Your breathing is one of the most important factors. Start breathing normally and after you become relaxed start taking deep slow breaths.
2. Focus on the natural ringing in your ears. Everyone has a very faint natural ringing tone and if you are in silence you should be able to hear it. Try focusing on it and nothing else.
3. Try vitamins and supplements like B6, melatonin, valerian root
4. Try binarual beats (hemi-sync is the best) if all else fails
5. If you still can't do it then take a hefty dose of ketamine or methoxetamine

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
So seeing as so many of us have had OBEs, do you think OBEs are proof that some kind of spiritual world exists, or that human consciousness can leave the body, and therefore is or could be some kind of life after death?

I used to be certain that it was evidence of some sort of extradimensional realm that we could access but after having a couple of legitimate experiments I decided it is just a mind trick. Pretty fun though and the headspace that is associated with sensory deprivation can be incredible.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Moonshoe] * 2
    #17996036 - 03/22/13 05:44 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I don't buy that you can travel out of your body and see things that are happening elsewhere, I think in a lot of cases it's that you know roughly what's going on in the place you're "traveling to" and so you conjure up a vivid mental image that is later filled in by the others who you claim to have been watching with details you never originally had in your mind. We reconstruct our own memories every single time we remember something, which is why the power of suggestion is so strong.

The way I see it is, that if OBEs were actually you leaving your body and traveling elsewhere, someone would have gone to James Randi and cashed in on that already.

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
By the way the only reason they stopped using ketamine as a human anesthetic was because it caused so many people to have out of body experiences.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about, which isn't an attack on you as it's easy to misinterpret scientific data. OBEs are suspected to be a result of NMDA receptor agonists, which is exactly what ketamine does which is why it causes OBEs.

In no way would that even begin to suggest the existence of a soul.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #17996046 - 03/22/13 05:46 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
Thanks for your replies everyone trippy stuff!

Personally I think OBEs are proof that life after death could exist, specifically because of all the cases where people who are put under for surgery float out of their bodies and then accurately witness things they had no way of seeing like what was happening in the next room over. To me this is hard proof that the materialistic reductionistic world view is false and essentially the world is much more spiritual and mysterious than it seems.

OBE's prove nothing.

By definition, a spiritual world does exist. Spiritual things exist outside the realm of tangibility. Thoughts, for example, are spiritual. So, if you think you are having an OBE, you are, at least in a spiritual sense. It doesn't mean you left your tangible body.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #17996077 - 03/22/13 05:52 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Well the basic idea is that this world you're in is not what it seems. It was just a 16th century idea or something that the world is what it appears to be. Think about that, it was just someone's idea. "Yes, the world is what it appears to be. The end." Then all science proceeded from there. According to McKenna it wasn't even supposed to take hold in intellectual circles, it was just a possibility being presented, but it did take and since science achieved lots of toys and death machines that were impressive despite enabling mass murder, the materialist paradigm stuck. But it soon found out the world is not what it appears to be, ie. quantum physics, it's just not in the curriculum yet. We're still in some 16th century illusion. Like the world is flat.

What the world is has something to do with imagination, certainly the nervous system. Reality is not apart from your moving mind. It all seems to be imagination to me, only You seem to exist, if you search long and hard enough.

So the OBE isn't even the revelation of the afterlife. The revelation of the afterlife comes with close scrutiny of the waking world, to find it is not exactly real, it is some kind of extension of mind. So where can you die? Only in your mind can you die. So death is just another fable, illusion, from history.

But you can take the OBE as proof of some afterlife or structure and even purpose to reality, but the thing to notice is the fiction novel element to it. It's a setup of some kind, some joke or game. Imagination is really what it all is, and imagination is always just playful and fiction-like. So it's all alright. I guess the exciting thing is there is much, much more. Pre and post-death, and everything in the mind survives.

Take on board Terence McKenna's idea of the felt presence of immediate experience. The truth lies not in history or in the classroom or laboratory, it lies in the present apprehension of reality by none other than You. Somewhere, in the window of right Now, is the truth about reality. It doesn't come any other way.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: circastes]
    #17996095 - 03/22/13 05:56 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I would believe the OBE is a mind trick if only it didn't happen the same way for everyone, and even have some strange structures surrounding it like fear tests before the physical body is left behind. Besides, life in the present is so amazing it would not be much of a leap for you to be an eternal being; everything else is more astonishing.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineLunaSea
.....magic moments
 User Gallery

Loc: Adelaide
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Rose]
    #17996101 - 03/22/13 05:57 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

OBE's as proof of a spiritual existence...... That is a tough question to comment on, as there are a million and one answers depending on how your define spiritual existence.
I definitely think that it is the human conscious moving out of the mind seat.. I do not think it is actually leaving the body, as I believe it is connected to the body. Going off on a walk perhaps? Moving beyond our pre-conceived perceptions to explore a new reality in which there are no easily defined borders...

I have had several experiences of an outer body experience. The most scary were back when I was dabbling with amphetamines. I would often leave my body in a state of panic, and be able to see how the people in the room reacted to my non responsive state. I would watch friends cry and freak out, I would watch friends who didn't care, and people would often be shocked that I would know what had happened in the room even though my eyes were closed. I do not like amphetamines.

These days my OBE's are alot kinder, it is less of a forced evacuation and more of a walkabout :smile:

--------------------
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” :blush::mushroom2:
― Dr. Seuss

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: LunaSea]
    #17996122 - 03/22/13 06:03 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

If you consider seeing yourself from a 3rd person perspective an "out of body experience" then yes.

I spent what I think was an hour looking at myself sitting on a beautiful grassy hill looking while my name kept flashing in really bright colors over my vision (or lackthereof)

This was my first DXM trip, and it was scary as fuck. I believe I took 600mg of DXM that first time. It was 11 years ago. Never again. I'll stick to my Mushies and LSD.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Moonshoe] * 2
    #17996134 - 03/22/13 06:06 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

After extensive experience with dissociative states I did not come to a conclusion that is anywhere close to that. It is rather funny because before experimenting with these altered states I believed in a soul and all of that. Maybe I don't have a soul :lol:

I think we should at least consider it in this context. We have evolved to collect data from the world around us and process that data. In sober reality we can only see a certain part of the electromagnetic spectrum, for example. But our sensory organs, our eyes, are always physically constrained to perceiving data within that range. So taking drugs cannot make us physically see (visually) beyond our sober reality. Drugs alter the processing center, our brain. We can process information in ways that we are otherwise not capable of. This allows us to experience new perspectives which is the most beneficial part of the drug experience.

Also, I find that dissociatives and existentialist philosophy go incredibly well with eachother. Someone else should try this out. I recommend Sartre's Being and Nothingness and Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus (or Existentialism is a Humanism). As well as an enjoyable amount of MXE.
:twocents: :peace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDAR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_receptor_antagonist#Mechanism_of_action

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Loc: Land of Shrooms
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: The_Aviator] * 1
    #17996171 - 03/22/13 06:14 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
I used to be certain that it was evidence of some sort of extradimensional realm that we could access but after having a couple of legitimate experiments I decided it is just a mind trick. Pretty fun though and the headspace that is associated with sensory deprivation can be incredible.

This is the conclusion I came to as well after numerous OBE and practicing astral projecting(which comes natural to me) for a while.

Its really just its own form of a lucid dream. It is fun as hell though:dancer: Especially if you are one of the lucky ones who are able to do this naturally without drugs on a regular basis.

Edited by JusTsHroomiNn (03/22/13 06:16 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17996255 - 03/22/13 06:35 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Apparently there are many recorded and verified occurrences of "veridical OBEs" where the accounts of the out of body experiencer about what is happening (in the next room in the hospital for example) is confirmed to be accurate despite no possibility of them knowing that.

The smoking gun, so to speak...

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #17996267 - 03/22/13 06:39 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
Apparently there are many recorded and verified occurrences of "veridical OBEs" where the accounts of the out of body experiencer about what is happening (in the next room in the hospital for example) is confirmed to be accurate despite no possibility of them knowing that.

Care to share them?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinejw2234
Astral Traveler
Male

Loc: Bay Area Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: The_Aviator]
    #17996312 - 03/22/13 06:50 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
But our sensory organs, our eyes, are always physically constrained to perceiving data within that range. So taking drugs cannot make us physically see (visually) beyond our sober reality. Drugs alter the processing center, our brain. We can process information in ways that we are otherwise not capable of. This allows us to experience new perspectives which is the most beneficial part of the drug experience.

I disagree with this yet i don't know the actual answer to this question; how much can the 5 senses reallllly perceive? In my own experience I've progressed through an awakening episode in which i am much more able now to connect with incredibly prodound and peaceful and serene states of being with increasing rapidity. these states reflect to me deeply what I am questioning in these periods of life and show me exactly what i need to know, because i am looking on the inside for answers. Through experiencing this state of being i've realized that i can have deeper vision experiences simply by getting into the OBE state. Basically through growing in this way i have realized that i have MUCH more freedom than i could even ever hope to have, all right now.

i agree that on one level the hallucinations we experience from these chemicals, including hallucinogens like magic mushrooms and especially DMT, can be described as happening because of specific interactions with specific chemicals in the brain, activating and deactivating some perceptual filters, but what i would also submit is that what is being shown to us in these states of hallucinatory revelry are on one level real because they are reflections of our imagination, reflections of what the inner world is INDIVIDUALLY, for each person the reflection they experience in the psych state is different. what i learned with dmt is that the things i see are DIRECT reflections of my state of being at the time that I am seeing them.

For example, on the second dmt trip i had this fateful night a week or so ago, i was very aware that i was being communicated with by the outside reflections of me, spirit beings possibly, also these humanoid beings could have been projections of other energetic consciousnesses, creations of another consciousness/energy to meet me in the way i was most ready to, to appeal to me more.
so what i'm saying is that its possible that the 5 senses can experience a lot more than what we normally do, i would even expect this, because i've been there. we evolved to experience this certain range of experience but it is true that this is an illusion of density were experience, were experiencing a certain amount of crystallization in these matter shells, yes, but now in this timeline we can experience WHATEVER WE WANT TO. if we want to follow and BE our lifes joy, positive energy, vitality, longevity, lovingly, with infinite hope for the future because YOU EXIST THE WAY YOU DO NOW, strong, forever, and really really really forever free.
what we can observe now is that there are people being born that see more colors, hear more, are much more in tune. some refer to people like this as indigo children, crystal children, but i believe these people exist as I am one of them in many, many ways.
at this point in my life i am wholly aware of all that i am creating now. now i live with deep intentionality, deep love, supporting myself wholly by allowing myself to be the greatest me that could ever be! this can be life for you too, just be honest with what you are and with what you want to manifest, starting and even ending NOW. be fruitful, be light filled, for that is your nature, infinite, eternal light conscioiusness energy. and it is all one on that level. where does this come from? this is what i've been directly experiencing since a younger boy. that human consciousness is sooooo malleable and free, we can tap into any consciousness we want to and do so all the time, we can be whatever we want, and our source is empty eternal light. that is all that is, and we are seeing this now with physics. good day

--------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is nothing to fear with this chemical besides astonishing realization that everything IS indeed 1 entity

Questions

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: jw2234]
    #17996329 - 03/22/13 06:55 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah, on DXM. God i fucking hate that drug, i took like a 3rd plateau dose and about 30 mins in i smoked a joint. I was really high from the weed chilling, laying on my back looking at the stars, then i got smacked in the face by the DXM and basically shot out of my body.

OfflineKremrBigSikter
Spränger Språnger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: Rose]
    #17996355 - 03/22/13 07:00 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I don't understand how OBEs could indicate that you have actually left your body, and are floating around outside it. I'm (somewhat) open to the idea that there is more to a living creature than the sum of all its physical components, but not that it's possible to leave the physical body behind and still experience things outside of it. How can you "see" or "hear" what's on the other side of the wall without eyes or ears? Even if your incorporeal form could somehow pick up the same information as your flesh-and-blood-body, why would it arrange visible radiations as "vision" without a retina or neurons, or vibrations in air as sound? And why no 1080 degree vision? The whole idea just feels like wishful thinking of the unimaginative kind.

That being said, I find OBEs, lucid dreaming etc very interesting. Kind of like hacking your brain to reach the hidden bonus levels.

--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
    #17996429 - 03/22/13 07:15 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

This can easily be falsified. If anyone actually thinks they could do that they should bring it forward, anyone who could prove that would be a millionaire and expose the masses to incredible new venues of research.

Seriously, this would be something that would win the million dollar Randi challenge if it could ever be proven. I think it's telling that no one has come close to passing the challenge.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #17996442 - 03/22/13 07:18 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

KremrBigSikter said:
I don't understand how OBEs could indicate that you have actually left your body, and are floating around outside it. I'm (somewhat) open to the idea that there is more to a living creature than the sum of all its physical components, but not that it's possible to leave the physical body behind and still experience things outside of it. How can you "see" or "hear" what's on the other side of the wall without eyes or ears? Even if your incorporeal form could somehow pick up the same information as your flesh-and-blood-body, why would it arrange visible radiations as "vision" without a retina or neurons, or vibrations in air as sound? And why no 1080 degree vision? The whole idea just feels like wishful thinking of the unimaginative kind.

That being said, I find OBEs, lucid dreaming etc very interesting. Kind of like hacking your brain to reach the hidden bonus levels.

When i had my OBE on weed and dxm i was having CEVs and i felt like i was flying up in the air away from my body, but yeah i couldnt see the outside world

OfflineKILTRO
earching hard bro
Male

Loc: Melb,AUS Flag
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: The_Aviator]
    #17997809 - 03/23/13 02:41 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I dont think it is a mind-trick

personally on a large dose of ketamine me and my best friend
were telepathicly talking/chilling for fucking ages.

It blew out minds, we came to the conclusion that we as souls
were conversing in another spiritual realm.

Drugs have never done that to me, neither acid,shrooms,dmt or any
other obscure Psych.

Ketamine is from another world

Invisiblelessismore
    #17997939 - 03/23/13 04:07 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
Have you ever had an out of body experience? How many? what was it like? Please share your out of body experience stories here. Did you induce it on purpose or did it just happen?

I have had a handful in my life, maybe between 6-12. They just happened, I did not induce them intentionally. I have tried inducing them a few times without success.

The main difference between the OBE and the lucid dream seems to be that the OBE begins in the bed, with a state of sleep paralysis an odd in-between states of consciousness threshold, at the edge of waking and sleep.

It is as though normally your body is paralyzed then you drift into a dream. But sometimes for whatever reason your body is paralyzed for sleep but instead of going to dreamland your mind stays in your body, and this odd dissasociative state, almost like ketamine perhaps. At this point one may feel hypnagogic hallucinations, hear voices, approaching footsteps, or see figures moving or sitting nearby. Often there is a great sense of fear and trepidation as though a threat is approaching.

This often distracts people from the opportunity to have an OBE. I have often freaked out when the sleep paralysis comes on , thinking people or zombies are moving in my house and I need to get up and grab my sword.

But if you relax, and don't fight it, you instead focus on floating up, out of your body. You can also sink down out of your body or roll out of your body to the side. This is the hard part.
I have often gotten this far but not been able to float out.

When I do succeed, there is a sensation of an intense vibration, like being electrocuted, and a sound like buzzing in the ears. Then I float out of my body into the top corner of my room and look down at my body in bed.

When you are close to the body there may be a kind of gravity trying to pull you back in. I had this experience an it made the room wobble back and forth like I was on a rocking boat, and I had to struggle away from my body.

In any case once out and away from the body I fly around, through the window, out to the city, over treetops, buildings, cars, people and roads below... and I just kind of fly around and look at stuff and trip out about how crazy it is.

Like I said its happened like a handful of times. The interesting thing was I had all those experiences and only later read a book about it where it said that the buzzing, the electrocution, and the gravity and rocking back and forth when you are close to your body are all typical pasts of the OBE. In other words the same characteristics happen for OBEs from person to person.

A Nasa astronaut had hundreds of OBEs  and wrote a book about it. Soul Traveler.

Have had them all my life

Usually OBE's, because I am not necessarily recognizing that I dream when I can fly around

Usually see shadows/creatures too when I have them, often they follow me in the air for what feels like hours

It feels as real as this reality ,every sense works.
Feel getting light
Feel creatures coming into my room, sitting on me, can see/hear them, sometimes even look them into the eyes (demons often)

Had such a case of SP about 15 years ago, remember it like it was yesterday, was worse than my worst bad acid or shroom trip (have had 3 really bad trips on shrooms/lsd).

To recognize that I am dreaming, I try to keep a dream journal and look for signs, as well as reality checking:
does this reality make sense?
how did I get here?
is it likely I sit here today?

To induce lucid dreaming I try to:
always use dream journal/do RCs often
binaural beats (work really good if relaxed and in non-noisy environment)
relax as much as possible while sleeping on my back
need to be in a quiet place for LDs to work
sometimes set an alarm timer to 3 hours or so.

Still only get one a month or so(when trying to get lucid, else only 1-3 a year max), have tried b vitamins with maybe a little luck sometimes but not much
salvia seemed to help though, it makes me very relaxed, had 3 LDs each night a few days but was not repeatable.

Edited by lessismore (03/23/13 04:13 AM)

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: lessismore]
    #17997975 - 03/23/13 04:33 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I get intense shaking/vibrations before separation too sometimes (if going from laying position out of body)

Sometimes scary noises also and usually see shadows and feel something evil in my room

Edited by lessismore (03/23/13 04:39 AM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#17997983 - 03/23/13 04:38 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

My last out of body experienced ended with me jumping into this one.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: budmanman]
    #17997988 - 03/23/13 04:42 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

In fact it is actually more complicated then that you see, we all keep jumping in and out of each others bodies. We are essentially one but when you jump to my body it wont even be me finishing this sentence it will be someone completely different then me.

The thing is for some reason I am the only one who remembers and so I can jump at any point so there is not much time.. Somebody needs to help us you have to inform someone. We are all one and jump from person to person mentally. No one even knows it is happening. Rite now the person you are you think you have been your whole life but your not, you just jump from body to body and we all get a equal tern in each others bodies.

We need to figure out a way to stop this from happening and be our own individuals!

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Have you ever had an out of body experience? [Re: budmanman]
    #17997989 - 03/23/13 04:43 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Most obes turn into lds for me after i find out i can fly/start floating

Need to improve my RC:)

Invisiblelessismore
    #17998089 - 03/23/13 05:49 AM (11 years, 27 days ago)

To budmanman:

I wish I could jump into the body of a bird again, that was a pretty amazing lucid dream the times I had such a dream :smile:

Probably my best ones

But else I don't think I understand, except that we are all the same mind/reflection of ourselves.

Still felt as real as this reality, felt light, could fly anywhere I wanted
But fly without being chased and in a different way than usually I think, the world was a bit different in comparison to normal flying in lds too I think
Wonder if anybody had such a dream and how it differed from normal lds, it's been a long time, hardly remember it

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck