Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
I was thinking the other day...
    #1792709 - 08/08/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The trinity: Father, Son, Spirit.
Could also be called: Mind, Body, Soul

Please open your minds, and consider:

I was thinking about all the different practices followed in the world today. I came to the conclusion, that each geographical region came to ebrace "god" in a diffferent manner, and from what I could think of, I saw 3 major groups, each representing one of the "bodily" trinity. Let me explain. Or try too. Heres what I came up with based on my limited knowledge.

Buddism, Hinduism, The east- MIND- Enlightenment is a state of mind, and nirvana can be achived by becoming "aware". Always be aware, and fill your mind with values and truths.

Wicca, Druidism, Shamanism, ECT- BODY- Shamanism from what I know has alot to do with altered states of conciousness, altering the body to recieve teaching from the spirits. Alot of druidism and wicca were originally based around love and sex, bodily things, which to them was contact with the gods and spirits, and represented the cycle of life and the earth.

Catholic, Christianity, The Western world, ECT- SOUL- Based around contact to god, through his son, which is similar to our body sending signals to our mind, and our concious(or soul) interpeting and making a decision. Same concept, almost..

Now, within each major group, there is a trinity division also. The MIND catagory can be split to: Body(all the eastern martial arts and qi gong, Ect)Mind:(buddism, monk-hood, anything where the key to enlightenment is in the mind) and Soul:(the ones that are an in between, with a little bit of both)

I wont break down the other 2 categories, but if you followed me up too this point, and have a general knowledge of religions, you will see what Im tying to say, which is this:

Basicly each place went about embracing what they thought to be god in a different way, no one way is right, and if they say so, they are wrong.

The key is to find balance between the trinity. Many people stuck in one religion, find it fullfilling, BUT also they feel they lack something major, on a subconcious level.

Perhaps the key is to embrace a world of beleifs, and find your personal balance between the 3, and then, you will find peace of mind..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: I was thinking the other day... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1792749 - 08/08/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"The key is to find balance between the trinity. Many people stuck in one religion, find it fullfilling, BUT also they feel they lack something major, on a subconcious level. "

I completely agree. I've been researching everything i can recently but beilieving none of it. I notice certain similarities between different religions and spiritual groups though......
I think the internet is a wonderfull tool of gaining knowledge you'd otherwise only obtain from years of travel. Of course its all an individual quest, but by reading of others ideas, it acts as a catalyst to get things started.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: I was thinking the other day... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1797516 - 08/10/03 06:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think you're off in some of your classifications, particularly in your BODY group. But, you might be onto something... You'd probably have no problem starting a neo religion that practises enlightenment through sex offerings, meditation and worship... of course, that sort of sounds like every other cult.

And who are you to say that "no one way is right, and if they say so, they are wrong." Thats the same kind of closed minded bullshit that I was fed in Sunday school. I wish everyone would just try to figure to do for there own fullfillment (if they need to do something) creating guides just mixes everything up... what right for you might not be right for someone else. Same thing goes with drugs, and alot of things. I think anything anyone should be preaching is tolerance.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: I was thinking the other day... [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1797528 - 08/10/03 06:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I once thought about the mind/body/soul = father/son/Holy Spirit connection, but couldn't come up with a good enough comparison to show the connection to all on here. Nice job, it is better than I would have done. I find that the father/son/Holy Spirit thing is just Christianity's take on mind/body/soul complex, and as I believe a lot of the Bible is locked in easy metaphors, this makes sense to me.

Keeping a perfect balance between the three is very important, sort of how the best politicians are the moderates, realizing the both of both worlds..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: