Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Primal's Tripping Point
    #17793675 - 02/13/13 02:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

A cross post from here but probably it needs its own little home in trip reports... :lol:  This happened summer before last. Here ya go:

Primal's Tripping Point

It was summer, and I found myself lying in what was supposed to still be sun in the backyard, saying to myself "this cannot be happening", hanging onto the grass itself for some sort of reality anchor.  After a while I had to accept it.  It was like sliding sideways in some extra dimension, like some kind of ballast had been cut loose.  The weather was changing as I watched, from clear and sunny to cloudy to completely overcast, and back to sunny, in mere minutes (judging by the sun when it was visible).  Like something out of Exodus (the movie with Charlton Heston, the one where he goes up the mountain and comes down all transfigured, parts the Red Sea, puts his vest on, all that shit :lol:). 

I'd been inside during the comeup, and I'd wanted sunny weather for tanning and listening to Jimi on my earbuds, but damned if it wasn't completely overcast like it gets sometimes here in the PNW, wall to wall grey, looking out the bathroom window.  Got in the shower while doing this sun-chant ritual I use sometimes (basically "sun-sun-sun"), spent maybe 5 minutes in there, took another look out the window - not a cloud in sight.  OK, cool, I thought, that worked - and went outside.

Then, over the course of an hour or so at the peak (this was a heavy dose, but not unusual for me), I experienced what seemed like all the POSSIBLE weather for that day, all the alternate universes I had access too, one after the other, in rapid succession. As the weather changed, the sounds in the neighborhood changed as well, like going from the "good" world to the "shit" world and all the variations inbetween.  Does kind of put the idea of bad trips on a different footing, especially those that don't end after the comedown. 

Anyway, I'd been aiming for sunny, and that's finally where it got back to, and stayed.  But then, straight overhead, for about a full hour (listening to my MP3 player), one tiny solitary cloud stayed fixed.  And more to the west, a variety of excellent clouds portrayed various things - humans, art, aliens, a lot of things.  I've seen that before, but never so distinctly - I once saw the perfect image of a walking Apollo astronaut carrying a human skeleton. :what2:

:peace:and:love:y'all. PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (08/28/15 01:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #17842634 - 02/21/13 04:08 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm curious about what you think this all means...

What's your underlying theory?

I've read a lot of your comments which relate to buddhist ideas but clearly this is something a little bit different. Or is it?

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: Aldebaran]
    #17843234 - 02/21/13 05:40 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

What, somebody read this? :what2:

My underlying theory is still evolving.

No, it's not strictly Buddhist.  It - whatever it is - seems to subsume all religions that I'm at all familiar with.  Just living with the revealed knowledge has been a total PITA at times, as my foundations shift time and again trying to accommodate the blatantly "impossible." I'm not sorry for the experience, but the implications have been hard to digest.

I should say more, and I'll try, and truthfully I've drafted numerous posts about the subject but always end up removing them again.  Stay tuned, is all I can say...

:peace:PS

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #17846451 - 02/22/13 09:55 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Good report
Some of my best trips have been in cloudy weather... Introspective ... Very fluid
Sunny makes me smile though.

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: HarryL]
    #17847025 - 02/22/13 12:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah.  I write during the winter and tripping is my method. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #17848805 - 02/22/13 06:44 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps you should reserve your 4000th post for "The exegesis of Primal Soup." In a lot of your posts I get the feeling that you're holding back from revealing some interesting stuff.

Quote:

Regardless of the feeling that he was somehow experiencing a divine communication, Philip K. Dick was never fully able to rationalize the events. For the rest of his life, he struggled to comprehend what was occurring, questioning his own sanity and perception of reality. He transcribed what thoughts he could into an eight-thousand-page, one-million-word journal dubbed the Exegesis.

Although having said that, 8000 pages might be over-doing it. :smile:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: Aldebaran]
    #17858234 - 02/24/13 02:41 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Uhm, yeah.  I read the first part of your suggestion and thought about it for a while.  Then I figured I'd cite one of my all time favorite writers, Philip Kindred Dick, who wrote but never published a massive exegesis describing the events stemming from "the pink light" where he received a visitor at the door wearing the archaic fish emblem of Gnostic Christianity, and the descent/ascent into strange realms that came with them.  IIRC it's at least half-a-million words, and I was just going to check this only to see that you'd actually mentioned that in the last part of your post. :what2:

So talk about synchronicity.  Hell yes, let's talk about synchronicity!

I use a lot of what I experience in my vast tripping experiments in my fiction writing; since I use mushrooms in order to draft stories and novels that's probably not a surprise - but I never write about tripping directly.  You really can't.  You can experience it, and you can understand it in mostly nonverbal ways, but you can't really write about tripping.  So I don't.

But I recommend to people to cut the BS.  There's so much of this on these forums, from those occasional people  who seem genetically indisposed to actually benefit from tripping (e.g. MoeJolloy - hey Moe if you're reading this you're already way out of your comfort zone :wave:), to those inexperienced yet sincere heads who always advise people to lose the tolerance before indulging so they get to experience the "magic."  What, a couple times a year?  What a foolish waste.  There is no "magic"  - as they'd find if they got themselves together enough to break through to the real shit.

The real shit is not what anybody imagines.  It's basically beyond what people can imagine. When it finally came to me - unbidden - I denied it as well.  But it didn't go away, and it stuck around long enough that day (mostly described above though YES there's a lot left out :lol:) to convince me completely of its reality.

And now it comes when bidden, every time, and it stays with me always, although a bit in the background during normal experiential reality.

Also, I've written about almost every aspect of it at sometime or another (that can be written about), but I'm not in the business of providing anybody with a roadmap.  You've gotta draw that one yourself.  Anybody can do it.  That's all I keep saying.  If you discover it for yourself you'll understand.  If you try to follow somebody's directions you just ain't gonna get there, bro.

Something I wrote years ago applies to this:  "You cannot follow instructions to the source."

That's about it, and there ya go, post #four-fucking-thousand, infuriatingly short on details like always.:lol:

But Buddha comes and Buddha goes, what'cha gonna do about it? :shrug:

:peace: :love: and oh yeah :yinyang2: PS

--------------------

Offlinestellarshnap
Poet who doesn't know it

#17974614 - 03/18/13 03:03 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Hey Primal could you link me to one of your attempted descriptions of "the real shit". I think I've experienced the real shit, but have no way of knowing. I melted into the cosmic tapestry and realized that everything is one, and the universe, us included, is "god" slowly coming into awareness of itself. I hate that word. God. Ugh.

--------------------
Careful, though your mind may be over matter, matter is all we really know.
"Or is it?"

The problem with intelligence is that it fosters arrogance, and arrogance suffocates intelligence. True intelligence however, bites holes in the bag.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: stellarshnap]
    #17974916 - 03/18/13 04:05 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Hey, there are only 4053 posts on here from me but I have no idea which ones contain what. :shrug:

And then there's the stuff I've never written about and probably won't.  Stuff people are better off not knowing, IME. :lol:

I can't describe fundamental reality.  There'd be no point, in the first place.  All I can say is trip hard and trip often, you'll see. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinestellarshnap
Poet who doesn't know it

#17974995 - 03/18/13 04:20 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Haha, that sounds like the worst advice ever. No better way to lose your mind and separate yourself from reality completely then by saturating your brain with powerful hallucinogens. I'm not gonna stop tripping, but I think moderation is key to not becoming a schizophrenic psycho worthy of being institutionalized.

--------------------
"Or is it?"

The problem with intelligence is that it fosters arrogance, and arrogance suffocates intelligence. True intelligence however, bites holes in the bag.

Offlinestellarshnap
Poet who doesn't know it

#17975003 - 03/18/13 04:21 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Like Syd Barret.

--------------------
"Or is it?"

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#17975375 - 03/18/13 05:29 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Worst advice ever?  Way to fear the path - don't knock what you haven't tried...  :bye:

--------------------

Offlinestellarshnap
Poet who doesn't know it

#17975410 - 03/18/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

I was saying that in a joking light, I'm going on a binge this summer with a long board, paint, and a lot of canvas. So I'll get back to you on that. I just think that tripping often and hard with short spans of rest in between is dangerous. Guess I'll find out soon enough. :lol:

--------------------
"Or is it?"

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#17975469 - 03/18/13 05:46 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Oh joking, I see...  I "binge" a lot, often many days of the week, and I grow enough to take me to where tolerance stops increasing.  No real harm in it, and OMG the amazing shit...well beyond description.

The only down side is when you finally quit you get a week or so of flat affect where your neurotransmitter levels have to reset (the time it takes for the tolerance to wear off, but more extreme).  Not as bad as a regular hangover though, just feeling flat - just recognize that and power through it as it gets better fast. :thumbup: 

Then it's all good again - do it or quit it, doesn't matter.  Everything works.

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #26626058 - 04/25/20 01:37 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I was far too young to appreciate where I had reached with psychedelics over 30 years ago, before checking myself into a psych ward. Coupled with being brought up with tha taboo and hysteria over psychedelics. I went beyond religion, beyond God and Satan, beyond the universe, to the void. I have never been able to reconcile what I had experienced f4om mushrooms with what the vast majority of people described.

Coming back to psychedelics over 30 years later, fuelled by much research into the psychedelics renaissance and the depression psilocybin studies, and I still haven’t been able to reconcile my experiences with the popular descriptions: most profound experience of my life (yes), remove my fear of dying (no, increased it a thousand fold), removed anxiety (no, introduced anxiety into my life), understand myself (no, confirmed I was “bad”).

I have never gone as deep or as regular since; fear is a great motivator!

But I am really really intrigued, PrimalSoup. Got some great vibes nd advice 6 months ago from Aldebaran; he recommended I read H.P.Lovecraft, to get some kind of resolution of my experiences; I’m half way through all of Lovecraft’s books; Aldebaran was on the money.......

Thank you for sharing (years ago.....)
❤️DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26628325 - 04/25/20 10:19 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for that nice post.  :goodday:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26634340 - 04/28/20 12:48 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I liked the sun chant, and how attuned you were to have done that.
normally we have no idea when the sun is coming out, but you did whether you knew it or not

(not weather, whether)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26634381 - 04/28/20 01:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting read this thread, and Primal you're experiences are intriguing me some what. Maybe it is this Self-phenomenon that Jung was describing and studying that you have been experiencing.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Primal's Tripping Point [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26635128 - 04/28/20 06:53 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Don't really go along with some of Jung's notions.  Please explain further if you don't mind...

--------------------

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
    #26635889 - 04/29/20 02:59 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It came to mind as you said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

My underlying theory is still evolving.

No, it's not strictly Buddhist.  It - whatever it is - seems to subsume all religions that I'm at all familiar with.  Just living with the revealed knowledge has been a total PITA at times, as my foundations shift time and again trying to accommodate the blatantly "impossible." I'm not sorry for the experience, but the implications have been hard to digest.

I should say more, and I'll try, and truthfully I've drafted numerous posts about the subject but always end up removing them again.  Stay tuned, is all I can say...

Something subsuming all religions is that which they refer to and the fact that they are created out of the human psyche.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies