Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Upcoming?
    #1797470 - 08/10/03 05:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Britain to produce new evidence on Iraqi WMD: report
Fri Aug 8, 7:24 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - The British government is soon to present new evidence that Iraq (news - web sites) had produced biological weapons, it was reported.

Intelligence officials were producing another dossier on Iraqi arms, and "there is said to be hard evidence of cover-up programmes designed to conceal weapons of mass destruction", the British magazine "The Economist" said in its latest issue.

"We would hope to be able to demonstrate in the fullness of time that almost all the information in the dossier (published by the government last September) was accurate", a government insider told the magazine.

Government sources "say that several new bits of information will emerge including evidence based on interviews with Iraqi scientists that biological weapons had been produced in quantity", the Economist said.

Britain was the staunchest ally of the United States in the war against Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s regime launched in March. Both countries used Baghdad's refusal to give up its alleged weapons of mass destruction as the main justification for military action.

No such weapons have yet been found, while a September 2002 dossier on Iraq published by Britain has prompted hotly disputed claims that the government beefed up intelligence reports to justify war.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Upcoming? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1797484 - 08/10/03 05:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a bit more....

Discovering WMD
Robert Novak (archive)

August 9, 2003 | Print | Send

WASHINGTON -- Former international weapons inspector David Kay, now seeking Iraqi weapons of mass destruction for the Pentagon, has privately reported successes that are planned to be revealed to the public in mid-September.

Kay has told his superiors he has found substantial evidence of biological weapons in Iraq, plus considerable missile development. He has been less successful in locating chemical weapons, and has not yet begun a substantial effort to locate progress toward nuclear arms.

Senior officials in the Bush administration believe Kay's weapons discoveries should have been revealed as they were made. However, a decision, approved by President Bush, was made to wait until more was discovered and then announce it -- probably in September.

The Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797491 - 08/10/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've lost count of the number of times Bush and Blair have promised us they had "firm evidence of WMD" that they will "reveal soon". Every time they've done so it's been rapidly proved to be complete horseshit.

Anyone remember the two mobile trucks that were "absolute proof" Iraq had biological weapons?

Blow to Blair over 'mobile labs'

Saddam's trucks were for balloons, not germs

Peter Beaumont and Antony Barnett
Sunday June 8, 2003
The Observer

Tony Blair faces a fresh crisis over Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, as evidence emerges that two vehicles that he has repeatedly claimed to be Iraqi mobile biological warfare production units are nothing of the sort.

The intelligence agency MI6, British defence officers and technical experts from the Porton Down microbiological research establishment have been ordered to conduct an urgent review of the mobile facilities, following US analysis which casts serious doubt on whether they really are germ labs.

The British review comes amid widespread doubts expressed by scientists on both sides of the Atlantic that the trucks could have been used to make biological weapons.

Instead The Observer has established that it is increasingly likely that the units were designed to be used for hydrogen production to fill artillery balloons, part of a system originally sold to Saddam by Britain in 1987.

The claim, however, that the two vehicles are mobile germ labs has been repeated frequently by both Blair and President George Bush in recent days in support of claims that they prove the existence of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

During his whistle stop tour of the Gulf, Europe and Russia, Blair repeatedly briefed journalists that the trailers were germ production labs which proved that Iraq had WMD.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,973012,00.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Upcoming? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1797496 - 08/10/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I remember, which is why I put the question mark in the subject line.

We'll just have to wait and see.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797500 - 08/10/03 06:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Kinda proves this paragraph up for the propaganda it is tho. They were quite keen to publicise the "mobile labs".

Senior officials in the Bush administration believe Kay's weapons discoveries should have been revealed as they were made. However, a decision, approved by President Bush, was made to wait until more was discovered and then announce it -- probably in September.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797502 - 08/10/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Former international weapons inspector David Kay, now seeking Iraqi weapons of mass destruction for the Pentagon

This paragraph makes me a little uneasy about his alleged "findings" too.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1797510 - 08/10/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Kinda proves this paragraph up for the propaganda it is tho. They were quite keen to publicise the "mobile labs".

It proves nothing of the sort.

Once bitten, twice shy.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797540 - 08/10/03 06:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Proves there's one helluva credibility problem. These are the same people who were wrong when they said they had overwhelming evidence that Saddam had WMD before the war, were wrong when they said Saddam was deploying chemical weapons around Baghdad, were wrong when they said Iraq was buying Uranium from africa, were wrong when they said the trucks were warfare labs etc etc.

Surely at some point you have to make a judgement call on these people? Or do you just accept it when they say "Hey, we were caught lying half a dozen times but in like 6 months we'll tell you the truth dude!".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1797544 - 08/10/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, the only thing it proves is they learned it's not wise to jump the gun.

And as for your list of examples, none have been shown to be completely, unarguably false.

Unless of course you're finally willing to demonstrate how you can prove something doesn't exist?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797564 - 08/10/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And as for your list of examples, none have been shown to be completely, unarguably false.

How do you figure?

Unless of course you're finally willing to demonstrate how you can prove something doesn't exist?

Would you explain what relevance this statement has to anything?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1797573 - 08/10/03 07:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Saddam had WMD before the war

Not proven to be false.

Quote:

were wrong when they said Saddam was deploying chemical weapons around Baghdad

If you're suggesting that since he didn't use them that's proof he never deployed them, I suggest you look up the legal definition of proof.

Quote:

were wrong when they said Iraq was buying Uranium from africa

My understanding is the Brits are standing by this claim.

Quote:

were wrong when they said the trucks were warfare labs

I never saw the final decision on this, if you have perhaps you'd be so kind as to point it out?

Quote:

Would you explain what relevance this statement has to anything?

Glad to. You keep claiming that because these weapons haven't been found, that's proof they don't exist. I've asked several times how the absence of something proves it doesn't exist. Aside from your feeble attempt to use Elvis as an example, you've failed to even try to demonstrate this.

Either prove how the absence of something is proof of it's non-existence, or stop claiming it as proof.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797590 - 08/10/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not proven to be false.

There's no reason to suppose it's true tho. Usually evidence has to come before you make wild claims. As I've said before, you can say Elvis is riding the Loch Ness monster on the moon if you want, but if you have no evidence for saying this you should be ignored.

If you're suggesting that since he didn't use them that's proof he never deployed them

So why wern't they found around Bagdhad?

My understanding is the Brits are standing by this claim

Not "the brits", Blair. Blair is under even more pressure than Bush over WMD of course he's going to "stand by" it.

I never saw the final decision on this, if you have perhaps you'd be so kind as to point it out?

See above. Surely if there had been any validity to the claim Bush and Blair would both be proclaiming it from the hilltops.

You keep claiming that because these weapons haven't been found, that's proof they don't exist

How do you hide the enormous industrial plant necessary to build long range missiles and chemical warheads?

I've asked several times how the absence of something proves it doesn't exist

And I've explained this to you endlessly. You cannot expect anything you say to be taken seriously unless you have evidence for saying it. Why can't you grasp this terribly simple point?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1797604 - 08/10/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Not proven to be false.

There's no reason to suppose it's true tho. Usually evidence has to come before you make wild claims. As I've said before, you can say Elvis is riding the Loch Ness monster on the moon if you want, but if you have no evidence for saying this you should be ignored.

And no proof that it's not. And your Elvis line is as lame as the first time you used it. And as to the i"if you have no evidence for saying this you should be ignored" line, try using it yourself as there is no evidence they do or do not exist.

Quote:

If you're suggesting that since he didn't use them that's proof he never deployed them

So why wern't they found around Bagdhad?

The fact they were not found there is not proof they never were there.

Quote:

My understanding is the Brits are standing by this claim

Not "the brits", Blair. Blair is under even more pressure than Bush over WMD of course he's going to "stand by" it.

Blair AND the intelligence service. We'll have to wait and see if the first story in this thread turns out to be true.

Quote:

See above.

Ah. So yet another claim you can't back up.

Quote:

You keep claiming that because these weapons haven't been found, that's proof they don't exist

How do you hide the enormous industrial plant necessary to build long range missiles and chemical warheads?

An "enormous" plant is not needed, unless producing "enormous" quantities, and perhaps not even then.

Quote:

I've asked several times how the absence of something proves it doesn't exist

And I've explained this to you endlessly. You cannot expect anything you say to be taken seriously unless you have evidence for saying it. Why can't you grasp this terribly simple point?

Ah, but I can grasp it, which is why I keep asking you to back up your claims. Why do you not at least attempt to do so?

Shit or get off the pot Alpo.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1797623 - 08/10/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And as to the i"if you have no evidence for saying this you should be ignored" line, try using it yourself as there is no evidence they do or do not exist.

What are you talking about? There is no evidence they exist. Therefore on what basis do you claim they exist? There is no evidence Elvis is living on the moon, do you believe he may well be? You have no evidence for either claim.

So you believe he deployed them, then ran away with them and hid them? And the soldiers who did so never told a single soul?

Blair AND the intelligence service

Nonsense. At least 2 of his most important ministers have resigned stating clearly he misled them over the intelligence he was given by the intelligence services.

So you believe Bush and Blair have firm evidence of biological weapons in Iraq and have simply stopped mentioning it? Your argument is laughable.

An "enormous" plant is not needed

Really? Try building a ballistic missile in your garden shed. Then get back to us.

Ah, but I can grasp it

Good, then will you please provide the evidence you have that Saddam had WMD 6 months ago? Otherwise you will agree that you should be ignored.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1797647 - 08/10/03 08:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

And as to the i"if you have no evidence for saying this you should be ignored" line, try using it yourself as there is no evidence they do or do not exist.

What are you talking about? There is no evidence they exist. Therefore on what basis do you claim they exist? There is no evidence Elvis is living on the moon, do you believe he may well be? You have no evidence for either claim.

Unlike you, I'm claiming nothing. I'm merely pointing out that yet again, your claim that they don't exist has no proof to back it up.

Quote:

So you believe he deployed them, then ran away with them and hid them? And the soldiers who did so never told a single soul?

Once again, I'm not claiming he deployed them, just that the absence of them is not proof he didn't.

Quote:

Blair AND the intelligence service

Nonsense. At least 2 of his most important ministers have resigned stating clearly he misled them over the intelligence he was given by the intelligence services.

Two of how many?

Quote:

So you believe Bush and Blair have firm evidence of biological weapons in Iraq and have simply stopped mentioning it? Your argument is laughable

I made no claim. Your assertion I did could be categorized as either an out and out lie, or a complete failure on your part to comprehend the written word.

Quote:

An "enormous" plant is not needed

Really? Try building a ballistic missile in your garden shed. Then get back to us.

Garden shed? Grow up. Any warehouse of a decent size would do. Or he could have purchased them. Or set up a plant in another country as this story suggests.
Not proof, but a possibility.

Quote:

Ah, but I can grasp it

Good, then will you please provide the evidence you have that Saddam had WMD 6 months ago? Otherwise you will agree that you should be ignored.

Unlike you, I don't make any claim as to whether or not he had them

You, on the other hand, have claimed he does not. Back it up.

I know you can't. Pretty much everyone else knows you can't. I believe even you know you can't.

Can you?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1798164 - 08/10/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You, on the other hand, have claimed he does not

Until the evidence suggests a reason to do so, I don't tend to believe many things. You may believe Elvis is skiing right now being pulled along by the Loch Ness monster. Until I have evidence, I don't.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1798232 - 08/10/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No-one, least of all me, has asked you to believe there are weapons.

My point is that you can not, at least at the current time, claim they do not exist.

The absence of the weapons so far, is not proof there are none to be found.

Your attempts to to use Elvis and Nessie to divert attention from your repeated claims that the weapons do not exist is both juvenile and lame.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1798241 - 08/10/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Do you remember a few months ago, this big thing called a war? Thousands of people slaughtered? Ringing any bells? Lots of media stories of "imminent iraqi wmd threats" to convince gullible people to go along with the invasion?

Your attempts to to use Elvis and Nessie

There is as much evidence for Elvis skiing with Nessie as there is of WMD. None.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1798271 - 08/10/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Do you remember a few months ago, this big thing called a war? Thousands of people slaughtered? Ringing any bells? Lots of media stories of "imminent iraqi wmd threats" to convince gullible people to go along with the invasion?

So Bush or Blair said to you, Alpo... please believe us? Has anyone you know asked you to believe? Have I? Before you give another foolish answer, keep in mind the word "you" in my statement.

Quote:

Your attempts to to use Elvis and Nessie

There is as much evidence for Elvis skiing with Nessie as there is of WMD. None.

There's actually more. At least it can be shown that the weapons existed at one time. You on the other hand have no proof that the weapons do not still exist.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1798450 - 08/10/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like no-one gives a toss about this but me and you luv.

Should we agree to disagree?  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom