Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Do you like edibles becuase of actives?
    #1794558 - 08/09/03 02:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

After the first time I tripped I started loving mushrooms. I would always ask for mushrooms on my pizza, or mushrooms on my salad, or mushroom burger. Just mushroom everything :laugh: i started loving mushrooms! Its awesome! I just cant get enough of the taste and smell. Its kinda like weed. Once you smoke it a few times you start loving the smell. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: whole9]
    #1794801 - 08/09/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm on a fried mushrooms onions and cabbage kick right now.

Fry the mushrooms and onions in olive oil or butter then add sliced cabbage and fry until soggy and browned a little.

Good shit.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1794915 - 08/09/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I havent eaten as many oysters in my entire life, than i have since joining this place in december and this place showe me how to grow them :-) after actives bougth me here :-)

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Paid]
    #1797288 - 08/10/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i was brought to eddible mushroom hunting by my friend's mom who suspected my interest in Psilocybian mushrooms.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: canid]
    #1797495 - 08/10/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've always loved edibles.......I wouldn't say I like em any more or less since I've been into actives

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1802017 - 08/11/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was interested in mushrooms after a trip to amsterdam. The grow kits really provoked something.

I found this site, and the rest was history.

I don't cultivate psychadellics anymore, and I very rarely trip. I have some pan cyans about 1/4oz, and 2-3oz's of cubes that i keep in storage for a rainy day. But for the most part all I do is the edible stuff. I think it provides more diversity, and more enjoyment at more frequent intervals. If I wanted to trip everytime I wanted to eat mushrooms that would be fine. But I eat mushrooms just about every meal. lol. So that would be pretty insane.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1802146 - 08/11/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I started with edibles to begin with. My grandmother would go out and pick 50 - 100 pounds of morels each year. Then she'd spoil us gradkids by frying 'em up.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1802435 - 08/11/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm fairly confident if i'd found morels prior to having my 1st mushroom experience with actives. I would have taken the same course. It was just a matter of time, and i'd only tried shiitake, ports, crimini, and button.

My tastes have been broadened 100 fold, now.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Raadt]
    #1802583 - 08/11/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was mildly interested in active mushrooms, but mostly, after moving to our home in the woods, I just new some of the fungus around here had to be good.

Always liked edible mushrooms but never hunted and ate wild mushrooms. After finding this site and getting some excellent help from the experienced folks here, I found that I did in fact have choice edibles on the property, and a bunch of just "good" or "edible" ones. Of course we also have some of the most poisonous!

I think I could add significantly to the info out there with my habitat, but time just doesn't allow.

Even my lady is keeping an eye out for mushrooms now, heck she found a patch of Black Trumpet Chanterelles just this evening!

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: ledfethered]
    #1802719 - 08/11/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

PM me for my address! :wink:

--------------------
Raadt

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1804094 - 08/12/03 12:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My story is quite different. I was interested in mushrooms in general ever since I was a kid and only few years ago I found out about actives.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: zeronio]
    #1804183 - 08/12/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm cool. Toxic: my uncle lives in Aurora, CO is it good for morels? I might go visit him next spring perhaps maybe I would have good luck in hunting morels there... Peace-

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1804900 - 08/12/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Colorado isn't especially known for morels. This was a good year for them, and I got only about 5 pounds. The part or the country that's good for them is from about Iowa over to about Ohio.

In Michigan they're common enough to have morel festivals. At the morel picking contests there they pick as many morels in 5 minutes as I got all year here with several hours of hunting.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleMycoangler
Loc: Like Horse Shit
    #1822385 - 08/17/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My experience is similar to Zeronio. My dad got me interested in mushrooms when I was a small child, and I started hunting for them at a very early age. I only picked the ones that he taught me were safe. Later in life I purchased field guides and wanted to learn more. I have since learned that my father was wrong about a lot of things, and I am lucky to be alive today! This did not discourage me from continuing to eat mushrooms though.

After over 15 years of foraging for Hen Of The Woods, Oysters(my favorite!)Honeys, and some others, I only became interested in actives last year after I found some Laughing Jymns. I never had much interest in drugs, and only did marihuanna once out of curiosity, and didn't care for it. I was afraid to try something psychedelic, and yet curious at the same time after doing a lot of reading up on it. Two months later I mustered enough courage to try my dryed Jymns. The trip was light, and visuals barely noticable even behind closed eyes in a dark room, but I had a profound spiritual experience, and my love for mushrooms in general increased even more. I am eating a lot more of the edibles now more than ever, and even purchased some Shiitake kits. I wouldn't have even considered doing that before my trip, but now I have a much deeper appreciation for edible mushrooms.
I found some P.caerulipes this past spring, and tried a second trip on those, but the experience was very different. It was all kalidoscopic visuals, but the voice of wisdom that I encountered on my first trip was a no show. It was a dissapointment, but I still have this obsession to learn all I can about mushrooms in general.

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Mycoangler]
    #1825357 - 08/18/03 06:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yes.

I heard thats how stamets started too. Fairly insperational I thought.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Zildjian]
    #1832066 - 08/20/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cool. thx for sharing guys =]

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1837969 - 08/21/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like this post ;p

--------------------
Raadt

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: Zildjian]
    #1839964 - 08/22/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, it was psychedelic shrooms that got me into all types of shrooms. This was because I would go mushroom hunting in forests and other habitats and even on days when I would find no magic mushrooms (and hey, this happens quite often!) I noticed that I still have had an excellent day, looking at many different sorts of fungi and noticing the different features of different types, where and when they fruit etc. Quite interesting.

And actually I heard that stamets was also into psychedelic shrooms first, as it was saying in the dec/jan 01/02 Cannabis Culture magazine, in the article on the Entheogen II conference..."[Stamets] told how taking magic mushrooms unfolded the mystery of the many uses of fungi to him"...heh...though he has even gone beyond edibles and medicinals, going right into using various fungal cultures to rid homes of termites, or to rehabilitate forests near watersheds, or filtering out toxic silt from logging roads with mycelium, before it reaches the rivers. Now that is some resourceful use of fungi!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Do you like edibles becuase of actives? [Re: zee_werp]
    #1842833 - 08/23/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

As a little kid, I always loved going into the woods in the autumn (I was born in the autumn, perhaps that has somehing to do with it :smile: )and look at all the beautiful mushrooms. I also kept wondering which ones were edible (always had a soft spot for food :smile: ). I only found out about psychoactives a couple of years ago through a little book about all sorts of psychedelics I got from my uncle.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1843611 - 08/23/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's the exact opposite for me, I loved mushrooms growing up and now they're rank as my most favorite food, next to foie gras and chocolate.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom