Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Herb Grinder, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTattooedSoul
I KNOW A SECRET!
    #1796585 - 08/09/03 10:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know a secret!

Today I received a package of Anadenanthera columbrina var. cebil from a reputable member of an internet trading site. I have never tried yopo in any form and truthfully these seeds are for growing the ally and not for insight or any journey.
I received far more seeds than I needed to get a viable plant and had enough to store for a second or third try at growing this wonderful and historic plant.
So being an experienced voyager I decided that I could ?sacrifice? five nice, shiny black jewels for ?experimentation?.

From the research I have done I knew that this would be an ineffective amount for the traditional ?yopo blow? so I decided to try a smoked version of the Anadenanthera seed preparation.

I thought about roasting the seed as is done in traditional preparation but since I was going to smoke the seed I decided that this would be redundant.
I took my five precious seeds and made sure they were clean and then put them into ubiquitous ?coffee grinder? (no I don?t use mine for coffee either). I ground the seeds whole, with black coating and all, shaking and pulsing the grinder frequently during the grind. After about 60 seconds I wound up with a VERY fine, greenish yellow powder. This powder had a very strong buggy smell and was somewhat moist. I allowed the powder to stand in the open air for approximately 3 hours. This dried it out nicely and actually eliminated the vast majority of the disagreeable odor.

I then added a small amount of wild dagga in the amount of ? the volume of the yopo powder and put the whole mixture back into the grinder. Four or five quick pulses is enough to thoroughly blend the mixture and pulverize the dagga. I ended up with a lightly medicinal scented green powder ready for the pipe.

At about 7:00 pm I found my way to my ?Comfortable Place? and found my little hash pipe. The pipe was clean and free of resin, as all I had ever smoked out of it was dagga.

I knew before hand that the smoke was harsh, so I was prepared for that eventuality. I loaded the bowl with a very small amount of dagga, as a screen, and then put about a quarter bowl (1/8 to ? gram) in on top. Having some experience with DMT I thought that a small amount of heat, nearly free of flame, would be the best approach. I set the flame on low and took my first pull. To my surprise the smoke was not harsh at all but rather smooth. I got a lung full and soon learned that the smoke was VERY strong. I could not hold the smoke at all, my body violently expelled the cloud and my sinuses began to immediately produce copious amounts of phlegm. After about 2 minutes of coughing and spitting I decided to take another pull.
This time I gave the mixture some flame and could feel the hot smoke entering my lungs.
Smooth at first and then again with the convulsions and the hacking and the coughing and the spitting, etc, etc?
I waited for time to clear my head and then added a small amount of fresh mixture to the bowl (1/16 gram) went back for a third pull. This time I decided to force myself to hold the smoke. Surprisingly I found that I could with very little effort. I held that pull and the next three for enough time that the smoke was nearly all absorbed and I expelled only a small amount. On my second ?Good? pull I noticed an immediate change!

After the third pull I put the pipe away and sat down to observe and rest.
At first the effects were minimal and mostly dizziness from hypoxia due to smoking, but then, just as I was contemplating this I realized I was viewing myself from above my seat. I was actually separate from my body and understood clearly that I had begun to hallucinate. I could move my point of reference easily but the focus was on my body the entire time.
Suddenly my body began to panic, and stood up. My body walked quickly but clumsily to the door and looked outside. The colors outside were incredibly vivid and vibrant and my body realized that it was only tripping and decided to relax.
I turned and went back to my seat and sat down only to see my body follow and sit with me. The feeling of detachment was very clear and intensely interesting. At this point I decided to close my eyes. Deep thoughts raced through my mind and I kept hearing over and over in my head a voice saying ?Now you know the secret?, echoing, bouncing around in my mind. At this point the CEV?s began. Curtain like at first, growing into intense pulses and light flashes. This lasted some thirty minutes before I decided to open my eyes.
When I opened them I started undergoing ?pushes? or ?pulses? trying to ?breakthrough? to somewhere else, somewhere I told myself I didn?t want to go. This lasted for about ten minutes with the middle of the experience being very intense. I found myself fighting the pulses and just as quickly as they began they stopped and I found myself back in my body. I was somewhat dismayed by this but decided to go with it.
All intense effects subsided quickly after this into a very comfortable and enjoyable MJ like buzz that lasted for more than an hour.
Total time of experience was about two hours and the come down was very clean, in fact cleaner than MJ. I noticed no after effects other than a small amount of clear mucous in my lungs that was cleared with in the next hour.
I am positive that I came very close to a full blown DMT experience and feel that if I had taken one or two more pulls from my pipe I would have had a VERY intense trip.
It?s a good thing that I didn?t however because I was really not looking for an intense inner journey but rather just a peek into the world of Anadenanthera. I can safely say that I achieved this goal and more. Anadenanthera is an impressive and powerfull ally and I will be experiencing that world again, slowly, reverently, and with the respect it deserves.

Physiology,
Weight: 270 lbs
State of mind: Calm
Setting: Comfortable and familiar
Effects: Ethereal, surreal ending with nice, hour long MJ like buzz

Edited by TattooedSoul (08/09/03 11:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #1796619 - 08/09/03 11:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! Very interesting and very well witten! Thanks for sharing!

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: neuro]
    #1796770 - 08/10/03 12:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

awesome are those seeds hard to get? Would you recomend this for someone just used to smoking mj and doing shrooms occasionaly? It sounds interesting.. I want to try :laugh:

Offlineshowcivic17
good fella
Loc: northeastern USA
Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: whole9]
    #1796995 - 08/10/03 01:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

could you just eat the seeds

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1797152 - 08/10/03 02:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fantastic post! 5 shrooms from me. I am very curouis about Anadenanthera columbrina and I am dying to try the method you came up with.

Quote:

TattooedSoul said:I found myself fighting the pulses and just as quickly as they began they stopped and I found myself back in my body.

A quick note, most of the text I've read about DMT (DMT: The Spirt Molecule, Terrance McKenna, etc..) suggest that you don't fight the DMT experince, but rather just lay back and take it all in, while allowing it to do whatever it needs to do. You said you only wanted a peak into the experince, so maybe it was best that you fought it.  :wink: Anyway, very informative post, and I'm glad you typed  it up.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: showcivic17]
    #1797163 - 08/10/03 02:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

showcivic17 said:
could you just eat the seeds

It wouldn't work because DMT is quickly destroyed by monoamine-oxide enzymes when taken orally. This is why ayahuasca, a DMT-containing brew, has MAOI's added, which inhibit the monoamine-oxide enzymes from breaking down DMT.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: Twirling]
    #1798552 - 08/10/03 05:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the main constitutes of these seeds are 5-ho-dmt, and 5 meo-dmt, there is very little if any n,n dmt. when i smoked these seeds all i could really feel was some muscle tension and light headed-ness from the bufotine. when i insuffalated them i got pretty much the same effects execpt, the body load was 10x worse and my nose felt like it had sulfuric acid in it. i wouldnt reccomend these seeds to anyone trying to have a mellow experience.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: Infrared]
    #1798729 - 08/10/03 06:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Really? Wow, every time I've ever read about these seeds its been said there is mainly n,n dmt with smaller amounts of 5 meo-dmt and bufotine. Of course, it's very easy for something to get a reputation as having a certain chemcial and be way off. Maybe that could be a science project for someone with a good knowledge of chemistry.

Edit: I found something in TIHKAL about this:

"A second report carries, at least for me, much more impact. A study of the use of the seeds of a South American legume, Anadenanthera colubrina var. Cebil by the Argentine Shamans in Chaco Central, shows then to be dramatically psychedelic. And yet, extremely sophisticated spectroscopic analysis has shown them to contain bufotenine and only bufotenine as their alkaloid component.

At the bottom line, I do not really know of bufotenine is a psychedelic drug. Maybe yes and maybe no."

--------------------

Edited by Twirling (08/10/03 06:17 PM)

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
    #1801175 - 08/11/03 11:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Prepare it the traditional way and get it right and you will see the other side. This is defiantly not something to mess around with, it is very strong and can produce dramatic effects ? high blood pressure, intense pain, vomiting, confusion hallucinations. Do your research and be safe and you to can see the other side.

--------------------

Cactus

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1802013 - 08/11/03 04:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

awesome, man! :laugh:

i really want to try this, but i don't have a grinder.

thank you very much for posting your experience!

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineTattooedSoul
Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1802057 - 08/11/03 04:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the input everyone. Entheomation, Feel free to use any part of my yopo report you need without further permission.

I had read three reports on smoked yopo before tying this and all three convinced me that the effects were very mild. I was very startled at the effects that I got. I really did not expect the results I got at all. I am not sure whether or not it was the preparation, the method of smoking or the dagga that helped but something worked for me, and but good.

I actually only put dagga in the blend to aid with the burning and the taste. I am sure that almost anything would have helped with burnability and taste but maybe the dagga was synergistic somehow?
Knowing how weak dagga effects are I doubt it.

I will be trying it again sometime soon and will write a short essay on that as well.

Peace
Tat

Edited by TattooedSoul (08/11/03 04:32 PM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #1802099 - 08/11/03 04:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

the main constitutes of these seeds are 5-ho-dmt, and 5 meo-dmt, there is very little if any n,n dmt. when i smoked these seeds all i could really feel was some muscle tension and light headed-ness from the bufotine. when i insuffalated them i got pretty much the same effects execpt, the body load was 10x worse and my nose felt like it had sulfuric acid in it. i wouldnt reccomend these seeds to anyone trying to have a mellow experience.

no youre totally wrong. dmt is one of the active constituents. also you have to shoot 5-ho-dmt into your veins.
as is stated here in tihkal

Quote:

DOSAGE : 8 - 16 mg, intravenously

DURATION : 1 - 2 hrs

you can read the whole thing on 5-ho-dmt here http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal19.shtml

heres where erowid says theres dmt in the seeds(natural high faq)....

Quote:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1802426 - 08/11/03 06:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

great post tattooed! great input everybody!

muscle tension?
thats wrong, its muscle relaxation.
there's nothing better than a good yopo snuff for sore muscles from exercise, work, sex, whatever!
try yourself if you doubt what i'm saying...

FH

Edited by felixhigh (08/11/03 06:04 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

#1804016 - 08/12/03 01:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I never said there was no dmt completly, i said there is very little, and such small amounts of dmt wouldn't really produce effects. also natural highs seems to be kinda sketchy to me on technical science.its my opinoin after experimenting with them and reading about them that they are mainly 5meo and 5ho. one reson because i have done synthetic 5meo and also natural n,n dmt, and insuffalating yopo felt exactly like the time i snorted 5meo, didnt fell any trace really of n,n. also think about toad venom, its also made up of mainly 5ho and some 5 meo, and people smoke that and from what i hear the bufotine does contribute to the effects, so it cant be tottally inactive beside iv.

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1808129 - 08/13/03 02:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
heres where erowid says theres dmt in the seeds(natural high faq)....

Quote:

...Uh...doesn't that say that there's "little if any n,n dmt"? According to that, the only active chemicals are 5-ho-dmt and 5-meo. And I'm pretty sure you can smoke bufo.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

Re: I KNOW A SECRET! [Re: Sev]
    #1809280 - 08/13/03 02:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that quote is from me not from erowid. but i was also pretty sure the bufo is active when smoked. im sure there is dmt in those seeds, im just tryin to say that if you want a n,ndmt experience, you wont get one from these because it will be overwhelmed by the 5meo and 5 ho

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1810578 - 08/13/03 07:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hello friends.

To quote "Plants of the Gods" by Schultes, Hofmann, Ratsch regarding Anadenanthera Colubrina var. Cebil, they say...

Quote:

Some varieties of Cebil seed contain exclusively bufotenin (C12H16ON2) as the psychoactive ingredient. In tests of other seeds, 5-MeO-MMT, DMT, DMT-N-oxide, bufotenin, and 5-OH-DMT-N-oxide were found. Old tests of the seeds contained 15 mg/g of bufotenin.

In the dried seeds from the trees of northeast Argentina (Salta), there has been found mostly bufotenin (more than 4%), and a related substance (perphaps serotonin), but otherwise no other tryptamines or alkaloids. In tests of other seeds taken from the garden of a Mataco shaman, 12% bufotenin content was found. The ripe pods of the fruit also contain some bufotenin.

hope this helps.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineTattooedSoul
    #1816648 - 08/15/03 12:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The second flight, an uncomfortable experience!

I recently posted a thread about my experiences smoking a yopo mixture. The first experience was stunning to say the least. It far exceeded what I expected and was enough to cause me to prepare a small amount more and go for another test flight.
I prepared the mixture as before by grinding and drying the seeds and adding a small amount of wild dagga to aid with the ?burnability? and the taste.

I found my favorite smoking utensil and retired to my comfortable spot.
I knew that the smoke was VERY strong and had decided to force myself to hold the hit for more than 30 seconds. I did this rather easily and managed to get about six good pulls from one bowl. After the third pull I noticed the familiar ?change? and proceeded on anxiously. After the sixth drag I put the pipe down expecting the desired results, and, my ears began to ring loudly, almost overwhelmingly. After about 30 or 40 seconds I developed a very disagreeable nausea. Unfortunately this lasted around 20 minutes and was very uncomfortable. Somewhere during this time I also developed a weird muscle tension in my neck and back, it made my head feel ?floppy? on the end of my neck. It was not really altogether uncomfortable but rather undesired. The combination of the nausea and the muscle tension was very unsettling and I could not believe the contrast compared to the first try. In fact I did not have any similar experiences other than a mild and pleasant MJ like buzz after the disagreeable effects passed (some 30 to 40 minutes). The good buzz only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes with the total experience lasting less than 1.5 hours. I had NO disassociation, NO out of body like experiences, and NO voices echoing around in my head. All in all the experience was uncomfortable at best and was enough so that I have decided not to attempt this method again in the near future.

This brings up several questions in my mind.
A) As I had observed, I had followed the first method exactly with different results, so why the different results?
b) Why would the effects manifest as ?muscle tension? and ?nausea??
c) Could a different ratio of alkaloids be responsible for these effects?
d) Why was the experience shorter?
e) Could ?first exposure? be markedly different due to some sort of ?tolerance? or ? cumulative? effect?

I will be working with this plant again in the future but it will definitely be a different preparation and a different administration method.
This attempt has taught me that experimentation is an imprecise art with a full spectrum of surprises!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1816754 - 08/15/03 01:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How much different of a dose was the two trials? I'm guessing the seeds were from the same source as the first time, correct? Perhaps you could try preparing two doses (of the same size) at the sametime to guarentee that there isn't any differences in the preperation. Then see if those doses differ from each other.

Muscle tension and nausea can happen from the stress and anxiety of expecting a strong experince, but I think its more than likely from the bufotenin. I'm not an expert, so those are only guesses.

--------------------

OfflineTattooedSoul
    #1816819 - 08/15/03 02:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The doses, preparation, ammount and method of administration were all virtually identical to the first try.
I was somewhat aprehensive or excited about the trial this time, maybe that had something to do with it?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Herb Grinder, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden