Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Energy shotgun to the brain? Or the doormat to an OBE...
    #1795484 - 08/09/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Can someone give me an idea of what just happened to me? I began to meditate, trying to clear my mind. I have been reading Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics. So far I am up to the NEW energy method where Bruce discusses the idea of focusing your awareness at specific energy circuit points and drawing these to the three major chakras essentially. These energy circuits would then ideally power the etheric body which would then give energy to the real-time body which would successfully land you a true real time projection and hopefully and astral projection. I am practicing very early beginner type stuff so I am trying not to jump too far ahead. However, this has not prevented my mind and self from still wanting a true OBE. I suddenly became interested in OBEs about 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason. I became obsessed and progressively went from wanting a quick OBE without all the meditative work to now, slowly letting this thing just happen and let it become a natural process. My personality goes on overdrive when I learn new things, especially things like this. Over the course of the past 2 weeks I have learned quite a deal about my mind and how much work it takes to quiet it. I am still not close but have been getting better the more I practice. Anyway, usually I will now practice Bruce's meditative exercises for about 30 minutes then I will focus my attention on trying to have the OBE, this gives my mind its reward for practicing the exercises. I do this between 3 - 5 times a day. 30 minutes ago, after some deep breathing exercises I came to the realization that I have tried to control this experience too much and when that would happen in past attempts everything would fail. I began to let go; I tried to distance myself while always remaining aware. I then remembered a technique I read about on the internet a week ago for forced OBE where the person would focus their awareness into a swinging motion. It said to picture yourself on a swing going from your third eye looking down to your nose looking up. Swing back and forth, back and forth and before you know it you will be out of body. I have tried this method a few times in the past but to no avail. This morning however, I shifted my awareness to doing this and found it incredibly easy. I began to gain this strange 'speed' then my heart began to pound faster and my body was moving up and down in that vibrating motion. This was the furthest I have come I began to think, I then dissolved that thought and dissolved my brain (?) all the while swinging back and forth. Then something weird happened. My words will try to describe this as best I can. All my thoughts disappeared and I felt this blankness in my mind. I was in this weird void. There were outlines of strange geometrical patterns, very very faint. Everything had a thin veil of white mist/ glass behind the geometrical moving shapes. This thing going on definitely was not in my minds eye imagination. It was happening internally in this odd way that I've never felt before. My body began to twitch and I heard strange noises, like clicking and brushing. (?) I began to come down I guess. I felt like I lost it and began to fall back into my mind. I tried to swing again but my mind felt scrambled. I was like I got hit with a bolt of 'brain lighting’ I decided it would be safest to stop the experiment and let my body and mind recoup for a few hours.
And that's where I am out now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Energy shotgun to the brain? Or the doormat to an OBE... [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1795828 - 08/09/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have gone just one step further than you then. I heard the 'snap' in my head when I did it- I think it's like the seperation of the soul from the body.....and I think it might only happen once. When I did it, I felt my heart beating loudly, but it also felt as if it was coming from my head. I encountered a 'wall of fear' after feeling as if I was going down a hill of a roller-coster; it seemed that this barrier was like a safeguard for containing the soul that said 'Do not pass!', but I did. The rest is hard to explain really, but it felt wonderful- even after it was all over, i felt like i was being bathed in a warm, vibrating water. I didn't want to move for a long time afterwards. It was awesome.

I never really wnet out of my body, it was more of an inner body experience......I think.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: Energy shotgun to the brain? Or the doormat to an OBE... [Re: Murex]
    #1795956 - 08/09/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds like you definetly projected. You should of tried to get up and move around. I heard that most people will have this 'blindness' going with their perceptive vision after they break free from the physical. Many people suggest either moving away or asking for help to see. That's awesome man. You should check out Astral Dynamics if you're more interested in the subject. He has a great way of explaining the mind-body split that occurs and how to apply it to projecting.

How long would you say it took you to get to these levels from the full awake state?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder