Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea
    #1793627 - 08/08/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

STORY HERE

I feel sick to my stomach...

for those with lazy mice:

N. Korea next to hear U.S. war drum

By GEOFFREY YORK
From Thursday's Globe and Mail

Beijing ? A senior Pentagon adviser has given details of a war strategy for invading North Korea and toppling its regime within 30 to 60 days, adding muscle to a lobbying campaign by U.S. hawks urging a pre-emptive military strike against Pyongyang's nuclear facilities.

Less than four months after the end of the Iraq war, the war drums in Washington have begun pounding again. A growing number of influential U.S. leaders are talking openly of military action against North Korea to destroy its nuclear-weapons program, and even those who prefer negotiations are warning of the mounting danger of war.

Some analysts predict that North Korea could test a nuclear warhead by the end of this year ? an event that could cross the "red line" that would provoke a U.S. attack.

The tensions were heightened by a recent exchange of gunfire across the border between North Korean and South Korean soldiers. Talks between U.S. and North Korean officials are expected to be held in Beijing soon, but nobody is predicting an imminent diplomatic agreement, especially after North Korea denounced a U.S. negotiator as a "bloodsucker" and "human scum."

Military conflict in the Korean peninsula could trigger a catastrophe, not only because of the suspected presence of nuclear bombs in North Korea, but also because of the 11,000 North Korean artillery weapons along the border that could inflict death and destruction on millions of people in the South Korean capital, Seoul, which is within artillery range of the North's guns.

Former CIA director James Woolsey, a Pentagon adviser and close ally of Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, gave the most explicit glimpse into the thinking of U.S. military planners this week when he revealed the details of a possible plan of attack against North Korea.

The plan would include 4,000 daily air strikes against North Korean targets, the deployment of cruise missiles and stealth aircraft to destroy the Yongbyon nuclear plant and other nuclear facilities, the stationing of U.S. Marine forces off the coasts of North Korea to threaten a land attack on Pyongyang, the deployment of two additional U.S. Army divisions to bolster South Korean troops in a land offensive against North Korea, and the call-up of National Guard and Reserve units to replace U.S. combat forces that are currently bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Massive air power is the key to being able both to destroy Yongbyon and to protect South Korea from attack by missile or artillery," Mr. Woolsey wrote this week in the Wall Street Journal in an article co-written by retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant-General Thomas McInerney.

"We believe the use of air power in such a war would be swifter and more devastating than it was in Iraq," the article said. "We judge that the U.S. and South Korea could defeat North Korea decisively in 30 to 60 days with such a strategy."

Mr. Woolsey and Lt.-Gen. McInerney said the U.S. should already be preparing "to assess realistically what it would take to conduct a successful military operation to change the North Korean regime."

They acknowledged the risk that U.S. military strikes could trigger an explosion of radiation from North Korean nuclear plants, along with massive artillery attacks against Seoul by the North Korean heavy guns that are hidden in hardened underground bunkers on the border.

But U.S. cruise missiles and stealth aircraft could launch precision bombing attacks that would "minimize radiation leakage" at Yongbyon, while also sealing shut the underground bunkers where the artillery pieces are hidden, they said.

They warned that a war could soon become necessary to prevent North Korea from selling weapons-grade plutonium to "rogue states" and terrorist organizations. "The world has weeks to months, at most, to deal with this issue, not months to years," Mr. Woolsey and Lt.-Gen. McInerney wrote.

Similar warnings were issued recently by William Perry, the former U.S. defence secretary, who said North Korea and the United States were drifting toward war ? perhaps as early as this year.

Mr. Perry said the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush is "losing control" of the North Korean nuclear crisis, making it possible for Pyongyang to begin selling nuclear weapons to terrorists soon. "The nuclear program now under way in North Korea poses an imminent danger of nuclear weapons being detonated in American cities," he told The Washington Post.

He said North Korea seems to have begun reprocessing some of the 8,000 spent fuel rods from a closed nuclear plant. This could allow Pyongyang to build up to six nuclear bombs in the next six months. "I have thought for some months that if the North Koreans moved toward processing," he said, "then we are on a path toward war."

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Blastrid]
    #1793636 - 08/08/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:I feel sick to my stomach...

Don't worry, God is on George Bush's side.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1793651 - 08/08/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't be that worried about it. I don't see it happening at all.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: shakta]
    #1793668 - 08/08/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i don't see the huge deal about them testing nukes. I mean india and pakistan have been testing nukes practiacally on the boarder of their countries for years.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #1793701 - 08/08/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

france has been testing nukes too, havent they?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1794034 - 08/08/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We're dead

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblewingnutx

#1794072 - 08/08/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Former CIA director James Woolsey, a Pentagon adviser and close ally of Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, gave the most explicit glimpse into the thinking of U.S. military planners this week when he revealed the details of a possible plan of attack against North Korea.

Woolsey said 'there might be sucha plan, and if so then this is probably what it entails'. This was an op-ed by him in the Wall Street Journal's 'Opinion Journal' last week.

I'm sure we do have such a plan. We have contingency plans for damn near everything, especially worst-case scenarios. Always have, always will.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: wingnutx]
    #1794657 - 08/09/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Good point...

America wouldnt be able to stomach a war of this size under the current administration....

Hey, didnt we drop Nukes on them? Hmmmmm..... I guess their is a reason we should be scared.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1794771 - 08/09/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually we droped nukes on the people who were anally raping them.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1794786 - 08/09/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Actually we droped nukes on the people who were anally raping them.

Exactly. Nice way to put that BH. After watching the NK program on Discovery, I feel they just want to use their nuke program as a bargaining chip again. I think that is the main reason why the administration wants multilateral talks. Bush doesn't want to get roped into giving them a bunch of crap just to stop production.

Koreans still hate the Japanese for what they did to them. I work with a guy from SK. He hates them still, and he wasn't even alive when it all happened. For anyone who doesn't know Korea was a colony of Japan for 35 years. They made the Korean men slave in mines, and used the women as 'comfort women' for the Japanese military. If you get a chance to catch the Discovery program watch it. It was very informative.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1795157 - 08/09/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i live with 3 koreans and none of them, or any of their friends hate japanese people. You need to know at least 10 koreans to be able to formulate a half-assed opinion, not one.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (08/09/03 11:46 AM)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1795465 - 08/09/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This would be perfect. Absolutly wonderful. I can get drafted and go to war. Maybe I'll get my legs blown off or put in a POW camp or shot in the back by a sniper. Yea!

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1795475 - 08/09/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

And if nukes get involved everybody can join in the fun!

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1795588 - 08/09/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You'll have to move to Europe if you want to get drafted.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1795818 - 08/09/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
After watching the NK program on Discovery, I feel they just want to use their nuke program as a bargaining chip again. Bush doesn't want to get roped into giving them a bunch of crap just to stop production.

There's no doubt about it. Now put yourself in North Korea's shoes. You were promised oil, energy, and normalized relations in exchange for halting your nuke program. It's a big gamble for you because you don't know if that country will later turn against you and threaten you with nukes that you now don't have. But then some rogue President comes along and decides you should stop just because he wants you to. If I were in North Korea's shoes, I'd say "fuck you, I have the ability to make nukes soon, and if you don't want me to, fine. But what do I get for stopping? You get safety out of the deal. But what do I get?" If the answer is "we won't kick your ass if you stop", then we're nothing but a bunch of thugs.

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1797411 - 08/10/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 12:21 AM)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Doomsday in 30-60 days w/ North Korea [Re: Cornholio]
    #1797824 - 08/10/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think that is exactly what they want to here though.

Offlinefractalgod
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25261843 - 06/11/18 03:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It's funny reading this from the future where North Korea has tested a hydrogen or equally porwerful bomb and has intercontinental ballistic misses.hopefully the korea peace summit goes well

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag