Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant?
    #1795170 - 08/09/03 01:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm interested in getting a salvia divinorum plant, but I'm wondering if it would economically make sense. I'll probably end up getting a plant either way, because it would be fun to grow and nuture it, but with the cost of the plant, it would probably be cheaper to just get the leaves/extracts, right?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant? [Re: Twirling]
    #1795212 - 08/09/03 02:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

depends on big she gets.

not only is it economical, it is smart considering how the heat is on salvia lately. Better to get a cutting and start small & have an autonomous source of leaf if it eventually gets scheduled - of which you can spread to all the underground entheo-people via more cuttings.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant? [Re: iglou]
    #1795242 - 08/09/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, that's a big concern of mine about it possibly being scheduled. I'm really looking forward to planning out a garden.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant [Re: Twirling]
    #1795375 - 08/09/03 03:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

the price of salvia (and all other) plants is indeed exaggerated in the whole planet...

Edited by felixhigh (08/09/03 03:18 PM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant [Re: felixhigh]
    #1795421 - 08/09/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i have 2 and theyre a bitch to grow but well worth it in my opinion

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1795510 - 08/09/03 04:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you've got the nack you can turn one cutting into several large healthy plants and several cuttings in just 3 months and probably less.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant? [Re: neuro]
    #1795528 - 08/09/03 04:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Welp, I'm about to reserve 2 plants, one Hoffman & Wasson clone, and one Blosser. Does that sound like a good idea, or is one variety better than the other?

--------------------

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #1795584 - 08/09/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I got 6 Sally plants around 9 months ago and now i got 10-12 cuttings
one of the most growth was in the summer i got my plants just as winter started.

Most of my cutting are 5-10 inch high 100% rooted with no rot.

The trick for me was i put all my plants ina gaint tubberware container about 24 inchs high 40x25 and plastic wrap over top to get 70-100% humitiy. I air it out every day. As for light i use 2 shoplights fluros total watts 160 -40/bulb just the chippest bulbs too.

All that and i get over the 8 months i is about 20 grams dry. Now this is harvesting only when the leaf get big and is shading out the other plants or when i got a cutting and take some leafs off it.

Get some from _____ any place will do.

--------------------
DO what I Would

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant? [Re: Remut]
    #1797132 - 08/10/03 02:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Remut said:All that and i get over the 8 months i is about 20 grams dry. Now this is harvesting only when the leaf get big and is shading out the other plants or when i got a cutting and take some leafs off it.

Boy, that doesn't seem like a whole lot. Still, considering that for a one-time investment of about $15, you can keep that going and going. Part of the fun must be to be able to watch it grow and develop a relationship with the plants. Very interesting.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1797798 - 08/10/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

>>Part of the fun must be to be able to watch it grow and develop a relationship with the plants.

...yes relationship that's it.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How many leaves do you get from a salvia divinorum plant? [Re: neuro]
    #1797819 - 08/10/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden