Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing
    #1794200 - 08/08/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Let's recap the results of some skeptics "bashing" over the years (many NOT on the Shroomery):

1914 Photo of woodland faerie: Photographer admits to fraud on deathbed.

1940s Loch Ness photo: Photographer admits to fraud on deathbed.

1950s Swiss farmer Meier photographs UFOs: video analysis reveal wires from pine tree. Pleidian emmisary photo was of a female model from a magazine.

1970s Bigfoot video: Videographer admits to fraud on deathbed.

1980s Gulf Breeze photos: Unable to replicate with a sealed camera; UFO model found in attic.

1990s Phoenix Lights: 10,000 witnesses "see" mothership; conclusively shown to be miltary flares using the BEST videos.

Philipino Psychic Surgery: fraud; "tumors" removed turn out to be chicken innards. (See the movie "Man in the Moon")

Face on Mars: NASA accused of hiding world's greatest discovery; newer, more detailed photograph shows only a worn sand hill - and no pyramids or city ruins.

Atlantis found near the Bahamas: the "city" was natural underwater basalt formations.

1970s Harmonic Resonance: zip

Nostradamus end-of-world scenario in 1999: zip

Televangelist Healing and ESP: Popov's ministry demonstrated to be fraudulent, using earpieces and transmitters after accomplices pump the to-be-healed for prior information.

And on-and-on it goes. The believer of these and many other esoteric phenomenon ALL REACTED WITH EXTREME anger to any skeptics questioning these things.

Were the skeptics assholes? Not hardly. Since when is trying to show what is really going on unacceptable?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing [Re: Swami]
    #1794206 - 08/08/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

because some spiritism is fraud, it is ALL fraud?

who's making outlandish generalizations now?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1794236 - 08/08/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

because some spiritism is fraud, it is ALL fraud?
Maybe, maybe not. I have yet see any spiritism stand up to scrutiny.

who's making outlandish generalizations now?
Apparently you are, as I did not say it was all fraud. However, you amazingly gloss over the entire point so I will restate for you:

People that believed in these things were incredibly angry at the skeptics that pointed out that there was no mystery. I believe that you are intelligent enough to understand that:

A. Skeptics are not evil people with a mean agenda.

B. Similar emotional reactions occur here on the S&P board and yet time will prove them false again and again. (2012, Planet X, etc.)

In 2013, the former believers will have attached themselves to some new, sacred prophecy and forgotten the 2012 thang as if it were ancient history and in retrospect will seem as silly as some of the examples that I gave.

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1794261 - 08/08/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What does spiritism mean to you Swami?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1794264 - 08/08/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you say that in 2012, mmk?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1794267 - 08/08/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the fact that people get mad when you destroy their delusions and the fact that people get mad when you attack legitimate spiritual beliefs and practices are completly unrelated.

As far as the whole 2012 thing or the dimensional shift or anything like that goes...  Does the word "metaphor" mean anything to you? After all, we are talking about things that go way over our heads and are very difficult to enumerate in human tongues.

I do not believe 2012 will be the end of the world.  I sincerely hope that it will be the end of time (again, 2 different things).  But part of being an advocate of free will means the admission that I cannot predict the future :smile:

Something will happen in 2012 to change the nature of reality, but I'm pretty sure that the nature of reality changes on a daily basis anyway.

Let me just end the post with this completly incoherent analogy:

If I get ripped off by buying some fake ecstacy, does that mean there is no such thing as real e?

Of course not!!  As a matter of fact, the very fact that someone succeeded in scamming me is because there IS real e out there!!  Why else would I hand him my money?

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1794273 - 08/08/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
If I get ripped off by buying some fake ecstacy, does that mean there is no such thing as real e?

Of course not!! As a matter of fact, the very fact that someone succeeded in scamming me is because there IS real e out there!! Why else would I hand him my money?

I got a very good test kit from DanceSafe, it was worth the money.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing [Re: Autonomous]
    #1794287 - 08/08/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah I use mecke reagent too, but this was a theoretical analogy I made up to back up a point.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing [Re: Autonomous]
    #1794296 - 08/08/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't find that swami attacks EVERYTHING, he just likes to pick apart nonsensical blather expressed using meaningless terms based on nothing. If your stance has some substance, then it should stand up to picking apart. I think the worst is when people get mad at Swami because they say he's detrimental and not "contributing" to the discussion. Lots of people's concept of contribution here is agreement. That's silly. I'm going to bed, bye.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1794387 - 08/09/03 12:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1970s Bigfoot video: Videographer admits to fraud on deathbed.

1980s Gulf Breeze photos: Unable to replicate with a sealed camera; UFO model found in attic.

1990s Phoenix Lights: 10,000 witnesses "see" mothership; conclusively shown to be miltary flares using the BEST videos.

Philipino Psychic Surgery: fraud; "tumors" removed turn out to be chicken innards. (See the movie "Man in the Moon")

Totally anecdotal.

lol

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1794487 - 08/09/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the fact that people get mad when you destroy their delusions and the fact that people get mad when you attack legitimate spiritual beliefs and practices are completly unrelated.
Not so, Herr Doktor. ALL people think that their beliefs are legimate and anger is anger.

As far as the whole 2012 thing or the dimensional shift or anything like that goes... Does the word "metaphor" mean anything to you?
No, that word is too difficult for me. However, I DO understand allegory and simile...

I do not believe 2012 will be the end of the world.
HERETIC!

Something will happen in 2012 to change the nature of reality, but I'm pretty sure that the nature of reality changes on a daily basis anyway.
Zakkly.

Let me just end the post with this completly incoherent analogy:
You are correct in that is is incoherent.

If I get ripped off by buying some fake magic beans does that mean there is no such thing as real magic beans?

Umm, it only means that you got ripped off. No more can be determined from the data given.

Why else would I hand him my money?
Your lack of saavy as a buyer speaks nothing about whether real E exists or not. Millions of people give to fraudelent charities, so what?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Spiritual (and other paranormal) Bashing [Re: Shroomism]
    #1794494 - 08/09/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you say that in 2012, mmk?

No planet X in May 2003 as you stated then reniged on $20K bet, mmk? Will make the same bet on 2012 to any takers, but THIS TIME the funds will be kept by a third party lawyer as 4th dimensional beings do not hold to their word and have no honor. Mmk?

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #1794499 - 08/09/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"If a blind leads a blind, they will both fall into a pit."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies