Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation
    #6506079 - 01/28/07 09:43 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Ok, I have have a few things to clarify.

1.) Drying. Couldn't I just use some chemical desiccant? Instead of baking them in an oven or putting them in sunlight? These methods seem inexact and I'd like to do it right. Or, even better, how do you do it? I'm always ready to learn.

2.) I've read multiple times that I should boil the dried, ground mushroom powder in water at 190 degrees F. Do I get the water to 190, add the powder, and CONTINUE heating the water? Or do I get it to 190, add the powder, and remove the water from the flame? Small detail I know, but Amanita is a tough cookie to get right.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: freddurgan]
    #6506121 - 01/28/07 09:58 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Drying in the oven is supposed to help covert one of the icky bits I don't remember which I only tried once and they where dryed this way.It's low heat like drying cacti 200-250 or so depending on your patience.

I'd boil for a few minutes not many like 5 then let them steep until it cools to the point of drinkable.

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: Mr420]
    #6506169 - 01/28/07 10:10 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

1. if my memory serves me correctly, drying in an oven converts ibotenic acid (not good) to muscimol (not bad) cant remember the corrct temperature for drying though.
but loads of people eat air dried amanitas. do a post search in here, u will see there are alot of different opinions on this issue.

2. idk

--------------------
View My Gallery

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6506416 - 01/28/07 11:32 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

putting em on boards and letting em air dry is fine

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: thedudenj]
    #6506908 - 01/29/07 02:03 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Some of the guides I read mentioned something about liquid pooling up in the caps while drying. That sounds like something I would like to avoid. Are any drying techniques good at that?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: freddurgan]
    #6507082 - 01/29/07 03:37 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

oh sorry rip off the stems when drying

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6508670 - 01/29/07 04:54 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

take a box fan and prop horizontally onto some blocks of some sort so the airfow points down and isnt restricted. then take a window screen or a big lizard tank screen and put on top of the fan. place Amanitas on that and turn on the fan.
shouldnt take long at all that way

Offlinemyalaby
Livininblissfullness
Male

Loc: the foothills of the ozar...
Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: cpw1971]
    #6530122 - 02/04/07 03:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

desicant is sopossed to be the best but im not sure for Amanita Muscaria.

--------------------

"Let us accept truth, even when it surprises us and alters our views." - George Sand

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: myalaby]
    #6530924 - 02/04/07 07:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i have used the damprid stuff before

--------------------

Offlinerazer7echo
Stranger

#6647481 - 03/08/07 02:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Step 1, Drying..
Hopefully you have them already dried from somebody else. That is normally a given, but if not you can use a conventional food dehydrator if you have that. If don't and you use an oven instead, do not exceed 120 deg. F. Dry the amanita muscaria mushrooms until completely dry, pieces should snap when bent. I have never dried these myself, but I have read that somewhere that you should do it face up so some juices catch in there. I don't know what do do with them, hopefully they re-absorb if juice forms, since keeping them separate would make things complicated. There are many claims that drying outside in indirect sun, or indirect heat by a indoor vent or other ways are extremely better than using an oven. You could try drying them other ways that are less harsh, but it may not be worth it. There is all kinds of info out there about doing it over an open flame or things that supposed to work much better than an oven. Find that info if you want. I don't know, and it could be a bother. They normally come dried.

Step 2, Converting fully to Muscimol...
Now what you do it use an electric coffee bean grinder you can buy at the store for like $15 dollars. You put chopped up pieces in there as much at a time and keep grinding it and shaking it around until all of it is turned into chalk dust. Keep that and continue until you are done with all of your pieces. It must be chalk powder. Next you place the powder in water that would be drank later and put that water into a pot. You must heat the water at and keep the water at a temperature of between 175 and 185 deg. F (use good accurate meat or candy thermometer) for 30 minutes. You must sustain this temperate however you manage to do with whatever stove you have. I can't say what setting the burner would need to be kept at. I don't know at the moment if a strainer should be used. If so it would be a cloth, but I don't know. Otherwise you would drink the liquid. You shouldn't use too much water that can't be drunk. Whatever you do, do NOT drink any carbonated beverages before or after you consume the muscaria because C02 will convert it back to nauseating ibotenic acid and make you sick to your stomach for sure. I have never tried following this procedure, but it is from one of the leaders in the area that says he knows how to do it. You could still get an upset stomach as far as I know, but this information is just about the best.

Edited by razer7echo (03/08/07 02:36 AM)

Offlinebbsb010
Stranger
Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: razer7echo]
    #17937886 - 03/11/13 12:32 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Can I sweeten the muscaria tea with honey (in order to be less unpleasant to drink)? Does it affect the potency?

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Questions about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria preparation [Re: bbsb010]
    #17937913 - 03/11/13 12:41 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome bbsb010,

First to answer your question, yes that should be ok to sweeten with honey.

Secondly, you bumped a 6 year old, off topic thread for your question!

You will recieve more responses in the relevant forum.

Try here The Psychedelic Experience

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale