Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
Morning Glory Seeds?
    #17931314 - 03/09/13 09:34 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

Are these any good? Any trip reports that you can recommend?

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedpill

Loc: Lake Wobegon, MN
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #17931367 - 03/09/13 09:44 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

Well, there's this http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14926101#14926101
The OP called them shit but many disagree, you can read both sides of the argument on the thread.
In my personal experience I've only had nausea without much of a high but I probably didn't have a high enough dose, and didn't do a very good extraction. Will do so as soon as seeds are available in stores again for spring  :justcantwait:

Edit: After seeing your post I just checked my local store and they are currently selling MGs. I will probably get some within a week or two and I'll keep you posted if I anything noteworthy comes out of it.

Edited by Redpill (03/09/13 10:01 PM)

OfflineApeman
Franks Red Hot Sauce
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern Illinois, USA Flag
    #17931378 - 03/09/13 09:48 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

It seems like the majority of users on the shroomery do not enjoy morning glory trips, but I have had 3 great experiences with them, and 1 not so great. Here is my tip for an enlightening,euphoric,and nature-connecting trip.

-Collect about 400 seeds, and wash them with soap and water, then rinse them off.
-grind them into a fine powder, and let them soak in water or gatorade 20 oz bottle for a few hours, shaking occasionally(1 bottle/400 seeds per person)
-I STRONGLY recommend that you trip outdoors, hopefully somewhere secluded in nature. my only negative MG trips happened indoors.
-Once your at your campsite, simply chug your water/gatorade seed mixture. Now this WILL BE DISGUSTING!!!and you will most likely vomit, BUT you should be able to keep the mixture down for a good 20-30 minutes before nausea hits.
-Once you vomit, the worst part of the trip is over. you will now enjoy 4-6 hours of euphoria, closed eye visuals, appreciation of nature, and strong bonding experiences with our trip mates. ENJOY!

(this is my favorite method. i realize that many people would strain the seeds, but i feel like dinking the mush makes for a very strong trip)

--------------------
"The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation”
― Terence McKenna

OfflineSnowDaze
Probably Relapsing on Heroin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Home, Home Again....
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: Apeman]
    #17931538 - 03/09/13 10:27 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

use the search

they are ok tho

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

OfflineDreemCakes
LethalNewbie
Male

Loc: Anon Flag
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: SnowDaze]
    #17931583 - 03/09/13 10:40 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

im going to buy 3000 heavenly blue seeds hopefully i dont go crazy do you think u could put the seed mush in cranberry juice with shrooms and just chug it would i go crazy?

--------------------
Trying New Things Like Life
Tek Development
My Trade List
Believe it or not but there are many people still playing Halo Custom Edition and i just so happen to own a very good clan
Join {UHP} Today :fonda:
Check out my soon to be music site (homeade craft)
Operation Shadow

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #17931636 - 03/09/13 10:57 PM (11 years, 22 days ago)

I achieved a great extraction last night by soaking ground seeds in methanol for 30 min., straining, evaporating, and scraping up the film. This is basically a more refined version of the extraction method used by the natives.

The Indians grind the seeds on the metate (grinding stone) until they are reduced to flour. Then the flour is soaked in cold water, and after a short time the liquor is passed through a cloth strainer and drunk.

R. Gordon Wasson. Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico, Botan. Museum Leaflets, Harvard Univ. 20 (1963) | http://www.erowid.org/entheogens/writings/wasson_notes.shtml

As with Turbina, Badoh Negro seeds are ground and placed in a gourd with water. The solid particles are strained out, and the liquid is drunk.

Schultes, R.E. and Hofmann, A. 1979 Plants of the Gods. p. 175

You want to refrain from agitating the preparation in any way because this causes the nonpolar alkaloids to become suspended in the alcohol. You just want to let the seed grounds sit in the liquid and then strain the liquid from the grounds. also note that everything should be done in a near dark room -- nothing more than the light that emeantes from your computer monitor's reflection on the wall.

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: s240779]
    #17934557 - 03/10/13 04:53 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

1. Is it true that the seeds are sprayed with a noxious substance to deter this kind of thing, and that's what causes the nausea?
2. @240779: What was the trip like?
3 Would it be OK to use a coffee/espresso grinder to grind up the seeds?

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (03/10/13 04:53 PM)

OfflineApeman
Franks Red Hot Sauce
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern Illinois, USA Flag
    #17934623 - 03/10/13 05:03 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

1.They are sprayed, but you can take care of that by washing them. they will still cause nausea, it think it has something to do with the seeds shell.
3.not sure if ou could use a coffee grinder, they are pretty hard, but give it a shot!

--------------------
"The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation”
― Terence McKenna

OfflineRedpill

Loc: Lake Wobegon, MN
    #17934671 - 03/10/13 05:10 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Grinding it too long in a coffee grinder can kill the LSA because of the heat. If you do use a coffee grinder be careful not to let it heat up. I've read you shouldn't grind longer than 10 seconds before letting it cool down.
I'd use something else like a mortar and pestle just to be safe

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: Apeman]
    #17934715 - 03/10/13 05:18 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

I heard it is anti fungal, sprayed.  I am not sure if they must state it on the package.

Brazil nuts might bind and nullify one such agent.

I hear heat is not as big a problem as once thought.  But yea.  Be safe - away from light and heat.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: flickedbic]
    #17935773 - 03/10/13 08:31 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Can't think of any good reports off hand.

I have had some of my best and most memorable trips on MG seeds. And I have taken LSD, mushrooms, DMT, etc... Seriously. It is rather LSD like. It has most of the common elements of an LSD or mushroom trip. Generally a very typical psychedelic. Less fear than shrooms, less "electric" and stimmy than LSD.  Sometimes the first phase of the trip can almost seem like you've taken a depressant. If you dose too low you may end up feeling groggy and just wanting to sleep. I have even fallen asleep after drinking an extract, and woke a couple hours later tripping. On a high enough dose though, after several hours, you can forget any notion of sleep for a while-- just like any other psych.

I suspect the "all commercial seeds are treated" thing is a myth, or a bit of an over-exaggeration. On the other hand, if you are buying seeds in small packs in your local garden store, it might be a good idea to give them a quick wash just in case. When I used to get store-bought seeds I would do a cold wash with soap and water, before rinsing several times with more cold water. Because I am over-the-top perfectionist sometimes, the final wash would always be distilled water, before a thorough drying.

But if the drying is thorough, I'm not sure that last part really matters.

If you're able, a simple cold water extract may be something to consider. It can really cut back on the nausea, which is one of the things that makes some peoples' trips unpleasant. I also use fresh ginger (chewed and sometimes in tea) and a little bit of sipped cola syrup over ice, which you should be able to find at your local pharmacy, to further help with any upset stomach. Sometimes it's kept behind the counter for some weird reason, and you have to ask them for it. Just tell them it's for an upset stomach.

I think one reason a lot of people don't end up enjoying it (aside from nausea) is that they don't take enough. IMHO most of the dosage guides I've seen are on the low end. The doses I would normally take, especially the weight that would go into an extract, is well off-the-charts in terms of what erowid calls a very "heavy" dose. Highest was maybe a little over 30 grams of seeds in a cold water extract. My first extract was 15g and that was nothing to complain about, either. Chewed and swallowed I might not go over 15 grams or so. Even not considering potency, chewing and swallowing that much seed is horrid. They are rock hard, and after you chew them up well they have the consistency of thick snot. A whole mouthful, of thick, gelatinous snot, that tastes earthy and borderline vile.

Cold.

Water.

Extraction.

(is your friend)

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #17936796 - 03/11/13 12:17 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

CidneyIndole said:
Can't think of any good reports off hand.

I have had some of my best and most memorable trips on MG seeds. And I have taken LSD, mushrooms, DMT, etc... Seriously. It is rather LSD like. It has most of the common elements of an LSD or mushroom trip. Generally a very typical psychedelic. Less fear than shrooms, less "electric" and stimmy than LSD.  Sometimes the first phase of the trip can almost seem like you've taken a depressant. If you dose too low you may end up feeling groggy and just wanting to sleep. I have even fallen asleep after drinking an extract, and woke a couple hours later tripping. On a high enough dose though, after several hours, you can forget any notion of sleep for a while-- just like any other psych.

I suspect the "all commercial seeds are treated" thing is a myth, or a bit of an over-exaggeration. On the other hand, if you are buying seeds in small packs in your local garden store, it might be a good idea to give them a quick wash just in case. When I used to get store-bought seeds I would do a cold wash with soap and water, before rinsing several times with more cold water. Because I am over-the-top perfectionist sometimes, the final wash would always be distilled water, before a thorough drying.

But if the drying is thorough, I'm not sure that last part really matters.

If you're able, a simple cold water extract may be something to consider. It can really cut back on the nausea, which is one of the things that makes some peoples' trips unpleasant. I also use fresh ginger (chewed and sometimes in tea) and a little bit of sipped cola syrup over ice, which you should be able to find at your local pharmacy, to further help with any upset stomach. Sometimes it's kept behind the counter for some weird reason, and you have to ask them for it. Just tell them it's for an upset stomach.

I think one reason a lot of people don't end up enjoying it (aside from nausea) is that they don't take enough. IMHO most of the dosage guides I've seen are on the low end. The doses I would normally take, especially the weight that would go into an extract, is well off-the-charts in terms of what erowid calls a very "heavy" dose. Highest was maybe a little over 30 grams of seeds in a cold water extract. My first extract was 15g and that was nothing to complain about, either. Chewed and swallowed I might not go over 15 grams or so. Even not considering potency, chewing and swallowing that much seed is horrid. They are rock hard, and after you chew them up well they have the consistency of thick snot. A whole mouthful, of thick, gelatinous snot, that tastes earthy and borderline vile.

Cold.

Water.

Extraction.

(is your friend)

:seriousthumbsup:

Thanks, man! Would you say that a cold water extraction beats a cold alcohol extraction?

--------------------

OfflineShpongleSpores
Shpongler
    #17937293 - 03/11/13 04:35 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

I have had two experiences with morning glory seeds. A friend gave me around 2000 seeds that I believe he harvested from plants he was growing organically.

First dose : 5 Friends eat approx. 200 seeds, 'trip' lasted 10+ hours. 2 hours slow come up, heavy nausea near puking. Once up, LSD-like 'Love' feeling of enjoyment. This lasted for the rest of the trip. Eyes tended to wander while trying to form images, thus causing visuals of distorted lines, or a general waviness of everything I looked at. Had trouble falling asleep, as though I was under the effects of LSD. Felt wired, and a great energy ran throughout my body. I felt as though it was the natural LSD that we were meant to take.

Second dose : Cold water extraction coupled with a warm Mushroom - Tea. We each had 2 cups, one iced tea with MG seeds, one hot tea with P.C. The dose size were relatively small, an eighth of P.C.'s across 5 people with a Lemon-tea extraction coupled with ~500 seeds in the cold water extraction. Users felt very relaxed and almost in a drunken haze. No significant visuals and different than the LSD-like feelings of the first dose. Still felt a general warmness and happiness from the inside, although set and setting allowed from close friends to be nearby and good times were had by all.

So in my opinion, try them. Make sure you're getting organic seeds that weren't sprayed with things that make you puke, because the seeds themselves can bring you pretty close. Once you get past that, it is great and it is an experience that is easy to appreciate.

Hope this was helpful.

--------------------
Stay Shpongled!

Disclaimer: This was all typed by guinea pigs. All information was gathered from cave paintings in the himalayas. Mushrooms don't exist, they are imaginary. Only a fool would consider anything here to have any sort of implication on Earth.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

#17938030 - 03/11/13 11:13 AM (11 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

ch1ck3n.s0up said:

Thanks, man! Would you say that a cold water extraction beats a cold alcohol extraction?

Generally speaking, yes. Put into simplistic terms, the seeds contain both substances you want to ingest, and substances you don't really want to ingest. Cold water will pull most of the goodies and little / none of the bad stuff (with appropriate soak time and water temperature, ie cold).

On the other hand, alcohol will pull the good stuff plus some of the bad stuff. When you do a CWE you end up with what looks like a glass of lemonade (well, the way I do it at least.... considering I use a small amount of lemon juice as an extraction aid).  After a short soak in alcohol, the solution will have a brownish color. More so after evaporation.

When I tried the alcohol extract it felt fairly clean, and I surprisingly (given the color and assumed pollutants) didn't really experience nausea, however, the trip itself seemed less intense than I was used to. If you're going to go the alcohol route, you could start by washing the seed powder with naptha, (and making sure to fully dry) before the alcohol soak, which theoretically should give you a cleaner extract.

But really, the traditional method of just plain cold water works very well.

If you can get a good supply, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are pretty good too. Very similar experience, but you're dealing with less seeds-- and those I was even able to chew and swallow with minimal gagging and nausea. 10-13 HBWR seeds (from a decent batch) is a full-blown experience.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #17959573 - 03/15/13 09:31 AM (11 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

CidneyIndole said:
Quote:

ch1ck3n.s0up said:

Generally speaking, yes. Put into simplistic terms, the seeds contain both substances you want to ingest, and substances you don't really want to ingest. Cold water will pull most of the goodies and little / none of the bad stuff (with appropriate soak time and water temperature, ie cold).

On the other hand, alcohol will pull the good stuff plus some of the bad stuff.

I believe refraining from agitation is important -- a still soak and strain. The lysergamides are water soluble and will automatically infuse in water or alcohol whereas stuff like chanoclavine which is fat soluble will not admix with the water...unless one agitates the preparation.

Anyway, I was under the impression that an alcohol would be more selective than water...

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory Seeds? [Re: s240779]
    #17960195 - 03/15/13 12:31 PM (11 years, 16 days ago)

Alcohol doesn't seem to be more selective, from what I've experienced, and from what I've read.

Regarding the agitation, I had never heard that before. I am accustomed to agitating the solution. The extent being somewhat dependent on the grind size. If it's broken down to a powdery / floury substance, I don't feel the need to agitate as much. Soak time, I suppose, would be a factor as well. With a chunkier grind, my concern is that it would take more time for the water to penetrate the seed pulp.

It has been a little while, but if memory serves-- a medium-fine grind with minimal soak time seems to produce one of the seemingly "cleanest" solutions.

Oh... that was the factor I was forgetting-- the time when I definitely would use somewhat heavier agitation is if the seed flour was  in a tea bag. If done properly I like that method-- as you don't have to either allow time for the seed particles to settle back out of solution, nor filter them at the end....

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates