Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Please clear these points up ..Thanks!
    #1792001 - 08/08/03 01:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

OK - a few more newbie questions. If one was using the basic TEK with 1/2 pint BRF jars, and incubating in a fish tank heater set up at 84F, please provide input on the following:

1). Would it hurt / help to use 2cc of spore solution per jar. I know it will decrease total jars, but does it speed colonization, therefore reducing contam risk, or does it cause problems? The jars would have 4 holes, so it would be .5 cc per hole

2). Once ready, the cakes would be cold shocked / dunked 12 - 24 hours, rolled in verm, misted and placed in a perlite terrarium on pieces of foil.
The teks say reduce temp and provide light. Terrarium is clear and light would be indirect flourescent. Temp in location is 72 F. Some of the posts however, say keep temps at 85 F or so, that lower temps slow fruiting and growth. Thats confusing as I understood that the temp drop was a signal to START fruiting.

Can anyone elaborate please??...
Thanks for the info

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Please clear these points up ..Thanks! [Re: flybynite]
    #1792040 - 08/08/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1.) -- Yes, it would help

2.) -- you want it at 70-75 to fruit, 85 is for incubating the substrate. Make sure to wait a week after they're completely colonized to dunk.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #1792048 - 08/08/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1. You can use 2cc per jar. This would speed up colonization some, though it will not double the speed. It probably won't help much with contamination; you either have a vector or you don't. Extra spore fluid will not get rid of contamination once you have it. Be careful not to use much more than 2cc as that would throw off your moisture content.

2. Optimal fruiting temperature is around 75F. Optimal conditions for vegetative growth (in the jars, in the dark) is about 85F. When you're incubating the jars, keep them in the dark at around 85F. When you birth them, give them a few hours or so of light each day and drop the temperature to 75F. High temperature during the fruiting stage will delay pinning, though it will usually happen eventually.

Good luck!

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinethenetherworld
journeyman
Re: Please clear these points up ..Thanks! [Re: Diploid]
    #1792067 - 08/08/03 02:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1. In past experience the more inocculation points you have per jar the faster that jar will colonize. If you do not use a sterile technique you will increase the odds of contamination.....a bunch.

2. I will go with Diploid on the temp issue, higher temps seem to stall cakes and if you case can create an overlay problem. Drop the temp if you can but if not just add some care as it seems that higher temps are what some contams that turn those cakes black,green,yellow and all the other spectrum of colors we dont want,well it just seems to be what they like.

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Please clear these points up ..Thanks! [Re: thenetherworld]
    #1792521 - 08/08/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all the input. Terrarium will be at approx 72 degrees. Innoculation area surface gets a good scrub down with anti bac soap and and then an alcohol wipe prior to starting. Good shower, then hands, arms get washed with anti bac. Food prep gloves are wiped down with alcohol, wear a dust mask to keep breath contained. Syringe gets flamed at start and between jars, gets alcohol wipe between holes on jar (4). Any other suggestions to decrease contam possiblilty during innoculation??

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #1792537 - 08/08/03 04:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Don't mess with the incubating jars and the air around them should be still if it's not HEPA-filtered.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation