Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: thelanzii]
    #18099830 - 04/12/13 09:38 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Galindoi will grow on small sterile grain subs under casings in SGFCs!

Don't be intimidated to try reproducing your own spores!

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: Violet]
    #18100784 - 04/13/13 01:04 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
Galindoi will grow on small sterile grain subs under casings in SGFCs

:goodnews:

i had always spawned it

or used BRF cakes

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlineentactogenics
Stranger
Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: Violet]
    #18100835 - 04/13/13 01:13 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

any experience with jalisco? do you prefer casing grains over bulk sub for fruiting sclerotia species?

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#18100859 - 04/13/13 01:21 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Jalisco is a genetic line of Mexicana I've not encountered. Only A and Chicon Nindo

I vastly prefer straight-casing grains over bulk substrate. With all compatible Psilocybe species.
Though, I only slightly prefer laying-out grains from jar and casing over bulk substrate in the case of truffles, and actually don't like it much for Cubensis. Pouring out from jars and casing gave me contams after fewer flushes, likely due to the recovery period in unsterile environs.

Quote:

Violet said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
what sub would you recommend if I did choose to spawn the jars to bulk?

I'd always recommend pure coir. It's such a nice substrate… I seldom use it, it's not worth the money compared to that same cash on grain, but if you're the "bulk" substrate type of person then use coir for stone producers. It's a totally food-grade sub; in addition to being grown from it, sclerotia get the substrate all over them unlike mushrooms.

If you choose to use compost or manure is one thing, your choice, enjoy eating/sharing dirt or shit.

But DO NOT use vermiculite if you plan to eat those truffles.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#18101081 - 04/13/13 02:41 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
I vastly prefer straight-casing grains over bulk substrate. With all compatible Psilocybe species.

But DO NOT use vermiculite if you plan to eat those truffles.

first, even cubes?

second, why not? there is nothing dangerous about eating vermiculite.

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: k00laid]
    #18101559 - 04/13/13 06:43 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I grow lots of Cubies with straight-grain.

Vermiculite is okay for Cubensis and other mushrooms, just not worth the money.
Having verm in your teeth and shit sucks. It's unpleasant all-around.
I always get a kick out of noobs and their glittershits. Are you a glittershit kind of guy?

Edit: I might should add that I can't speak from experience about eating verm except as passing the experience of others. I've never put that stuff in my face and never will.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (04/16/13 02:20 AM)

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#18101561 - 04/13/13 06:43 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
Yes, I grow lots of Cubies with straight-grain.

and so have i

but why are you saying it's better?

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: k00laid]
    #18101564 - 04/13/13 06:46 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I said I greatly prefer it.
I've got lots of reasons, including a few that some may not agree with.
It's not directly on-topic, and I'm not fully ready to share them all yet publicly, so I'll PM you

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Offlinefungitarian
oliver hart

Loc: the land of ooo
    #18140392 - 04/20/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I have an ATL7 syringe, after reading this I'm gonna have to try em out!

thanks violet!

--------------------
have a look at my grow.

"genius by day, junkie by night"

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: fungitarian]
    #18207914 - 05/03/13 12:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

The it's-been-awhile bump!

Thank you all for the positive feedback in/about this thread. I'm very glad that it's being of use to so many peeps!

Since the last posts here, I've released this tek about using only straight-grains for fruiting Cubensis and other species optimally with greatest yield, efficiency, and potency.
(It's what I was talking with k00laid about)

My truf tek knowledge here combined with those advancements, as well as advancements of my own and others we've still got up our sleeves, has inspired an "advanced truf tek" that I'm doing some initial experimenting with.

Stay tuned-in for that!

Sure wish I could post it as soon as 3-4 months, but 7-10 is more realistic as by God these things are slow. The benefits literally far outweigh the lack of speed however… Patience is a virtue - trust me I'm having to be just as patient as you!
I'll be whetting the Shroomery's palate for it well before it's presentation though so keep an eye out for other threads!

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Invisibleshroom-a-zoom
Stranger in a strange land

Loc: Fungiland Flag
    #18207941 - 05/03/13 12:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I had some truffle spores to try this out with.
Ill get them sooner or later :shrug:

--------------------
How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE

:imo:Lets get rid of the SWIM shit, This also goes for my dog, someones pet ferret, and any other way of saying you are not really you.
Its bullshit and we all know it. Man up and admit you are the SWIM.:2cents:

OfflineDr.Mind_BendEr
Mad Scientist

Loc: The Farm
    #18216975 - 05/05/13 09:03 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Truffle Shuffle. BookMark ! :thisisheavyman:

--------------------

OfflinePrinceShroom Happy Birthday!
Experienced Mofo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aiel Waste
Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: Dr.Mind_BendEr]
    #18217221 - 05/05/13 10:14 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I see you mention CN Mex.  How has stone production been for you from it? Ive barely gotten stones from it.

Chicon Nindo Mexicana
ATL

Ill be doing a Tamp journal too once it germinates on agar.

--------------------
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Need help? Feel free to :pm: me.

Offlineremley
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #18416320 - 06/13/13 10:09 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

hey op.  Can you do this in bags instead of jars?

Invisiblemycomattie
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: remley]
    #18416373 - 06/13/13 10:18 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Violet, you are 100% right regarding sclerotia production in RGS vs. rye berries.  The sclerotia looks big with RGS because the RGS consolidates, and the sclerotia grows between the glass and outer surface of the cake; but virtually no sclerotia within the cake.

Rye berries leave "pockets" which create enough room for sclerotia formation throughout the substrate.

I just learned this by experience.

Good call :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblechums of chance

Loc: Warlock, Arizona Flag
Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms *DELETED* [Re: mycomattie]
    #18419206 - 06/14/13 02:51 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by chums of chance

Reason for deletion: na

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: chums of chance]
    #18429272 - 06/16/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

remley said:
hey op.  Can you do this in bags instead of jars?

Yes you can! Involves quite increased clean technique, and the ability to sterile-inoc and seal bags.
Also, the efficiency per grain is not quite as great. Too far past the sweet spot in balancing surface area per substrate.

Quote:

chums of chance said:
What's the recommended ph for sclerotia-production?

pH-neutral :]

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Invisiblechums of chance

Loc: Warlock, Arizona Flag
Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms *DELETED* [Re: Violet]
    #18433389 - 06/17/13 06:56 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by chums of chance

Reason for deletion: na

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: TRUFFLE TEK - Complete guide to psychedelic sclerotia and their mushrooms [Re: chums of chance]
    #18433877 - 06/17/13 08:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

It will lower pH some but it's not a problem, can't swing hard enough to truly effect the mycelium unless you're using undiluted strong coffee! Dilute regular coffee by half if you intend to use that.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineRedpox1st
Male

Loc: The Emerald Isle
    #18483278 - 06/28/13 09:49 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Just wanted to say thanks for the up to date info and  the one stop shop for it, this saves beginners like me trawling through years of posts and teks trying to figure out which way is best and what methods are now obsolete or proven ineffective.
Thank you.

--------------------
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way" Alan Watts

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures