Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanarchos
shroomerific

making shroom capsules
    #1790545 - 08/07/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have an oz of dried shrooms that i plan on making into capsules. i have read both the teks on the subject and both are helpful and very straight forward, but there is one discrepency. One tek says to use size "00" gel caps and one says to use size "000", but both claim about half a gram of powdered shrooms will fit into them. my research on the web shows that the size difference between the two sizes is pretty significant, so which size should i use if i want half a gram pills?

Thanks a lot,
Anarchos

--------------------
"Casper, the friendly ghost,
He's the dopest ghost around
bitches fuckin love Casper
cuz he's the dopest ghost in town... "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: anarchos]
    #1790741 - 08/08/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Offlineanarchos
shroomerific

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Alien]
    #1790862 - 08/08/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thanks a lot, gonna pick up some 00s tomorrow :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: anarchos]
    #1790908 - 08/08/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo you fool.

use OOOs they are much much bigger. If you pack them real tight you can get 0.7 grams in them.. I believe that OOs I was getting about 0.4 maybe even less. Get the OOOs they are easier to fill, quicker to fill, and better all around. 5 or 6 caps for a trip is waaay better than 10.

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Dogomush]
    #1790920 - 08/08/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Offlineanarchos
shroomerific

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Alien]
    #1791095 - 08/08/03 04:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i want to get really close to .5 grams if possible..also, is doing capsules pretty much exactly the same potency as doing the same ammount but not in powdered form?

--------------------

Edited by anarchos (08/08/03 04:07 AM)

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1793137 - 08/08/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, same potency, but it takes longer to kick in, 'cause the caps have to dissolve.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

#1803432 - 08/11/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Like anything else involving ingesting these mushrooms, your experience will probably not be exactly like anyone elses.

Many people will say that the effects take longer to appear if you take capsules, but this is definitely a personal thing. I don't notice any difference at all, and sometimes I find the caps come on a lot faster (these are the veggie caps, I don't use the gelatin ones).

The 00 caps will hold about 0.6g if you really pack it in there. The 000 will hold about 1g, but the cap itself is a lot bigger. If taking a big pill doesn't bother you, they're ok.

Get a Cap'm'Quik unit (http://www.cap-m-quik.com/) and you can fill 'em easily and quickly.

My $0.02......

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

OfflineQlop
SolveEtCoagula
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: henryp]
    #1803604 - 08/11/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I pack 1 gram or more in double 00's easy...most of the imt 1.3-1.4 just gotta owrk at packing them longer and pack the tips of the cap by hand using the opposite siide of a pill to shove it in there.

--------------------
I'm not the only one,
That walks between the rain, there are many
I'm not the only one
When everything is lost that doesn't surrender

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Qlop]
    #1804202 - 08/12/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: whole9]
    #1805933 - 08/12/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

whole9 said:
1 word: ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2945368594&category=19260 

uurrggh! I hate the taste of vegicaps, especially after eating 50 san pedro containing ones in a night... get gelatine ones and a cap-m-quik and tamper tool if you intend on doing it regularly.

http://www.cap-m-quik.com/ 

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: ingo_2001]
    #1805948 - 08/12/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ingo_2001 said:
get gelatine ones 

Unless your a vegetarian of course!!!  :pill2: 

OfflineOnly1AK
fucken pimp
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: ingo_2001]
    #1806673 - 08/12/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

so what store can u go about getting these?? gnc u say?

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Only1AK]
    #1807050 - 08/12/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Only1AK]
    #1807085 - 08/12/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

GNC, vitamin world, health food stores.

Dont buy vitamins just to empty out the capsules. Buy empty caps cause they have them.

OfflineRobbiecs
Master of tehsuck
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1819690 - 08/16/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Robbiecs]
    #1820137 - 08/16/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man cap's are amazing, afoaf packs ~0.7 g into a 00 and it just looks so nice and clean, it is such a wonderful sight when u see 90g packed into 2 small boxes,

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: hubertd8]
    #1844485 - 08/23/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mushroom capsules are great!

Some geezer used to grind up crispy dry cubies into a fine powder. Then he would fill "OO" gelcaps with them packing them with a tamping rod made by rolling up some paper. One cap held about 0.5 grams. He would then put them in a small glass jar with a metal lid and put it in the freezer at a temperature of about -25'C = 4'F

Because the batch was ground up to a fine powder and intimately mixed and since every cap held about as much mushroom powder this meant that every cap would be as strong as the other, something you can NEVER say when consuming some seperate mushrooms.

The geezer found out that the P.Cubensis capsules when stored in this manner did not seem to lose any significant strength in 5 years time.
This means the geezer had a jar full of mushroom capsules that he could use, with no scales at all, to accurately gouge a dose that would be right on the mark every single time for years on end.
When I met him he speculated that these capsules would hold substantial power for over a decade.

He took the caps for his trip and let them sit at room temperature to prevent the gelatin from cracking upon intensive handling.
He rolled these caps (which were packed stiffly for better storage) between his fingers so that the powder lay loose in the cap for quicker absorption and swallow them with water or diluted lemon juice.

The effect would clearly come on 40 minutes after swallowing and then proceed as usual. When he wanted a quicker start or wanted the taste of Mushroom he opened the gelcaps and squeezed the mushroompowder out of them. Then it would come on after some 20 minutes, meaning the capsules gave a delay of about +20 minutes to the normal flow.

He keeps different jars with capsules. Now, in 2003, he still on occasion trips on the capsules of 1997, which he considered a vintage year. They have diminished a little, but not by much because they were well-dried and well-stored.

He tripped merrily ever after and because he knew the strength of his batches he never got disappointed -or bit in the ass- by a wrong dose.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Asante]
    #1844545 - 08/23/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

its a good idea, and eveybody lives happily ever after, easy storage, easy consumption, what more could a psychonaut ask for.

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Anonymous

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Asante]
    #1844547 - 08/23/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have aa extra capsule maker that hold "00" size capsules. I am willing to trade if anyone is interested, just pm me

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: making shroom capsules [Re: fee]
    #1844860 - 08/24/03 02:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

do you need a scale to tell how much powder you got or is it one big guessing game trying to figure out how much stuff you've packed into these lil pills? and is packing it in hard?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: making shroom capsules [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1844952 - 08/24/03 04:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It's quite easy actually..

The before-mentioned geezer had one of those 24-capsule-pressers he got from a vitamin supply house & the caps 2 go along with that.
He only has a lousy kitchen scale sensitive to 2 gram increments only.
But since he makes batches of one to four sleds evern this lousy scale is pretty accurate. Besides: of crisp-dry mushrooms he could fit between 0.5 and 0.6 gram in. Since most of us trip on amounts of 1 to 5 grams this would be some 2-8 or 10 capsules tops.

You need not bother with scales at all using gelcaps, that in fact is one of it's features! Gelcaps that are stuffed with homogenous (well-mixed) mushroom powder and pressed just about as hard generally contain about equal amounts of active ingredients.
You take a number of capsules that has worked for you and do away with the whole concept of weight at all. The geezer routinely talks about his "six-capsule trips" (he knows full well its 3 grams or just about 1/8)and rarely mentions weight.
You just find out how many capsules of said batch are to your liking.

Filling up caps without a capsule presser is easy too. You take a small bowl filled with herbal powder and a small rod you made that fits well into the tube of your gelcaps. (roll up some paper to a tight roll: use your minds people!)
You then press-press-press the tubes into the mushroom powder until it's full. Then you press it tight with your rod and repeat said procedures until the cap is stuffed with tight-pressed mushroom powder. You then put on the little top and press it shut.
This'll take 5-30sec a cap depending on your skill level.

To throw some numbers @ you. Many studies have shown that compost-grown cubies (the REALLY big ones) on the average contain 0.6% of
goodies calculated as psilocybin. Provided you packed 0.5-0.6gr there is going to be 2.5-3.5mg of Psilocybin in a single cap which will work out to a pretty reliable 15-20mg for said "six capsule trip", which means even poorly filled capsules give quite reliable results, 15-20mg of psilocybin equivalents being about right for most people.

When you have very good grain-grown Cubies you can easily assume there will be 1.2% in there, 5-7mg/cap or 3 caps for said 15-20mg.
All in all when it comes to most mushrooms (who kinda fall in between these strengths, exceptions like Azurescens given ofcourse!) and most people I'd say their taste will be between 2-6 capsules.

The geezer would give newbies 2-4 caps, with 3 being average, these three amounting to 7.5-10mg when they are weak-batch (just enough to get to a reasonably strong level) or 15-20mg when they are potent.
Three caps will satisfy most newbies as this is the  :grin: to  :shocked: range for most of average sensitivity.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules