Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineChevelle
Stranger
Re: The Holy Book [Re: MindTrap]
    #1789379 - 08/07/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If they were inspired of God..then why not take it literally? I think if the men wrote them down, and God didn't like how they interpreted what he wanted them to write, he woulda zapped them or something. Jesus was not only wise, he was perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: The Holy Book [Re: Chevelle]
    #1789461 - 08/07/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's not the words which I have a problem with. It's the interpretation of man. Thus the reason for so many sects of Christianity.

Also, Jesus never states even once that he is God as many people believe. He simply considered himself the son of God as we all are children of God.

This confusion has created the trinity doctrine that is popular within the Catholic church.

Jesus said, "Whoever blasphemes against the Father will be forgiven, and whoever blasphemes against the son will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven, either on earth or in heaven."

Jesus said, "Where there are three deities, they are divine. Where there are two or one, I am with that one."

Jesus said,
"If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.'
If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.'
If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

If you want to find God then you need to find the Holy Spirit which he talked about. I interpret the Holy Spirit as being everything all encompassed. In a sense we are part of it although pathetically minute.

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789504 - 08/07/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I totally agree..there is no biblical based evidence for the trinity! The word itself is not in the bible. It is completely made up by catholic doctrines. I believe they, God, Jesus and the holy spirit are most definently seperate entities. I beleive that the holy spirit is "Gods active force."

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1789520 - 08/07/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cool.  Then we share a belief system.  Are you single?  :wink:

Edited by MindTrap (08/07/03 05:39 PM)

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789564 - 08/07/03 05:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hmmmm..sort of..not really...long stupid explanation there. do you mind me asking if you have a religion and what it is? Do you believe in heaven and hell?

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1789601 - 08/07/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Agnostic.

And no I do not believe in hell. I think that is also an misinterpretation of scripture. We create our own hell.

But heaven on the other hand...

Heaven is the spiritual ether or as Jesus called it the Kingdom of God.

Jesus said, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

Jesus said, "The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

InvisibleMusicSucks
Illegal Smile
    #1789610 - 08/07/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It is completely made up by catholic doctrines

Of course, you must remember that the Bible itself is made up of books chosen by the church as well, and if God could guide that decision, could he not also influence the church's doctrine?

I'm just making that point though. If you ask me, religion in genaral is manmade shit that people created to give their lives meaning and to explain the unexplainable without having to think too hard about it.

--------------------
There is no dark side of the moon really... Matter of fact, it's all dark.

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789616 - 08/07/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What is Agnostic?
I don't believe in hell either, God is Love and I don't think he would put sinners in a burning pit of fire for all of eternity. The bible's word for Hell is sheol, which translates to "the common grave of man"...
Heaven, yes, there is a heaven,,i do not believe we go there when we die.
In the lords prayer it says" let your kingdom come, on Earth as it is in Heaven." I believe when all's said and done...(armageddon) Jesus will rule over the remaining ones on Earth,(from heaven) who lived 'righteously' and they will restore the Earth to its original state of perfection...this happens to be the commom theme of the entire bible. a paradise Earth.

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
Re: The Holy Book [Re: MusicSucks]
    #1789629 - 08/07/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MusicSucks said:

Of course, you must remember that the Bible itself is made up of books chosen by the church as well, and if God could guide that decision, could he not also influence the church's doctrine?

.....The bible wasn't made up by books 'chosen' by the church. It was divinely inspired. The doctrines were not, they are manmade.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1789636 - 08/07/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are you a Jehovah's Witness? Just curious.

And actually I'd like to retract my agnostic statement as I've recently become more aware of my spirituality and have come to accept that there is a God whereas before I was unsure.

What form God takes is a matter for debate but I do not believe that any man made religion is capable of being free of human nature.

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789652 - 08/07/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am not a baptised Jehovahs Witness, and I do not live my life up to the standards that are required...I do drugs, have premarital sex and oodles of other 'unholy' things..lol...BUT..I have searched for true religion and I think I have found the only one that makes any sense whatsoever, and that is JW's. I mean, if you have any questions..they answer them, they don't pussyfoot around issues and give you answers directly from the bible. I have questioned a lot of things and gotten every answer I needed. I just can't conform. It's not my style. I'm just a rebel.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1789686 - 08/07/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I understand where you're coming from. I was raised a JW but was never baptised. I guess I'm too much of a rebel myself.

I will say though that if you ask them a question that they can not answer they will retreat to compile one. But then any zealous religous organization will do the same.

Try asking a "born again" baptist a question.

Edited by MindTrap (08/07/03 06:31 PM)

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789702 - 08/07/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My great uncle is a 'born again' and I don't know if they are all that freaking fanatical or what, but i don't dare ask him a question...he'd Freak out...are they all like that?
how do you private message on this thing? I am completely new..

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1789713 - 08/07/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Click on 'My Home' on the top and then select 'Send a PM'.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #1789753 - 08/07/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, i think u guys kinda really railed of what i was trying to express so ima brake down what i belivbe, i belive religions wich began parallel to civilized humans, was inspired by out of body and "spiritual" experiences while under the influence of Psycadelics. Why? because i dont belive in a "God" yet i talk to him while tripping, dont belive in demons and they seem to like hiding behind treez when im tripping too. So, while its been proven that Myans and Ancient egyptians, even Nastradums, experimented with "magical herbs and fruits from the forest" to "contact" the "spiritual world", ill say this, i belive we are all merely individual energy occupying biological bodies to operate bilogical brains to sustain reality. reality is all mathematical, only few like Albert Einstein realized this. We keep on getting reancarnated and the enviorment keeps on changing as our brains evolve. Maybe the world was all volcanos and red clouds when the dinasaurs where here because it was their primative brain that held reality together, ever think of that? And we belive in god because we where brought to this planet by beings advanced in technology who we really looked up to, and called them gods (again its been proven that the true translation to the original transcript is PLURAL, this is where trinity comes from in Chistianity) I mean read the book of Genesis and then take about 4 dried gramz, And then study the history of Egyptians and after that look at the technology we are currently developing, this is the only way to brake the code to our history, but then again why listen to me, im just some guy on the other side of the net that trys to change the thinking cycle of world, lol, Ill just say this, If your going to do reaserch, reaserch EVERYTHING, if you read the bible, read a History book too,....

PS: Angels fornicated with women why cant i damn it!!!

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: The Holy Book [Re: Spokesman]
    #1790486 - 08/07/03 10:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The bible wasn't made up by books 'chosen' by the church.

Yeah, it was. : )

--------------------

InvisibleMusicSucks
Illegal Smile
Re: The Holy Book [Re: chunder]
    #1790749 - 08/08/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

{quote} The bible wasn't made up by books 'chosen' by the church. {/quote]
The church decides which writings would be canonized and which wouldn't.

--------------------
There is no dark side of the moon really... Matter of fact, it's all dark.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: The Holy Book [Re: MusicSucks]
    #1791056 - 08/08/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MusicSucks said:
{quote} The bible wasn't made up by books 'chosen' by the church. {/quote]
The church decides which writings would be canonized and which wouldn't.

EXACTLY! The Bible IS ONLY A fraction of the events and teachings from that era,a very small one at that, the church wich was equivilant to the goverment back then had control over what books to put together. I remember watching a special on TLC that indicated that a priest may have even found a scripture from the time that told of Jesus not diying in the cross, and getting married and having children. They talked about how the blood lieaneage of Jesus was said to still exist and was know as the holy Graal.ANd that he felt this would devestate religion and cause chaos so he confessed on his death bed to another priest, and that priest i think he went insane or something, it was very eye opening, That was probably the most intresting special i saw on TLC, Anyone else see it?

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: The Holy Book [Re: Spokesman]
    #1792420 - 08/08/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Guess not

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom