Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
Loc: Texas!
Fruiting Problems or Impatience?
    #1789220 - 08/07/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, Some One is a total newbie so bear with me. Any help will be appreciated. Here's a condensed version. if I leave anything out I apologize. I'll try to get some pictures later.

Basicallty some one colonized 3 jars witH treasure coast strain. They colonized fine and were fruited straight from the jars into a terrarium with a perlite bottom. Some one made the perlite damp not wet (no water squeezes out but its wet to the touch). They fanned it about 4 times a day. and it recieved 12 hours of indirect sunlight. They have no way to measure, but I'm assuming its getting 100% (or close to it) humidity, as the sides and top have condensed water (not too much, but its noticable) I keep the terrarium at about 73 - 75 degrees and I live in Texas. After about 5 days one cake produced fruits- ONE LARGE mushroom and about 2 aborts. there was a lot of mycelial growth on the stalks. A couple days later another cake produced about 3 good fruits and about 7 aborts. I harvested them and where I harvested them the area on the cake they grew from bruised blue (and it hasnt disappeared very quickly). After a couple days some more pins formed, but 5 days after forming they haven't progressed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm just being impatient, I've heard that Treasure Coast is a slow grower, so I'm hoping im just being impatient. On the other hand, very small aborts are growing from the UNDERSIDE (where the dry vermiculite was)of the cake at a rate of a couple a week

Sorry if i left any info out, or this has been posted, i read through the Faq'a and the forums and couldn't find any posts like this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting Problems or Impatience? [Re: Fractals]
    #1789229 - 08/07/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like all is well.

you can't squeeze perlite, btw. are you sure that's what you have? perlite is dry and hard, like white, very light, gravel.

--------------------
buh

OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
Re: Fruiting Problems or Impatience? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1789245 - 08/07/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Im sorry if i wasnt clear, it is Perlite, what i mean is, when i put it in my hands(wet) and compress it, water doesnt drip out..(like when squeezing the BRF mix to check for amount of water.)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1789266 - 08/07/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it sounds like you're all golden. success! :thumbup:you got fruits first go!

got any pics? any specific worries? it all sounds pretty normal so far. they will grow from there, cos that's the wettest place. and you will get some aborts unless your conditions are ideal.

sit back and watch. and plan when you're gonna eat the little buggers :crazy2: 

--------------------
buh

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1789446 - 08/07/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dunk those puppies, and do the double end casing tek on them afterwards.

OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
Re: Fruiting Problems or Impatience? [Re: shakta]
    #1789516 - 08/07/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys, i was thinking dunking might be a good idea..

heres a picture of some of the first growth

im on dialup so ill upload more pictures later

sorry if they are bad.. im no photographer

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1789522 - 08/07/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

bad? no, they're beautiful :thumbup:

--------------------
buh

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Fruiting Problems or Impatience? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1789549 - 08/07/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes.... they sure are beautifull!..... My only comment can be;

if the green stuff around the veils really is there :smile: , than you should be carefull misting your cakes.... Water on shrooms can cause them to rot earlier. Just mist the sides of the container.... And if they are not there....... you better call an ambulance for me............. :grin: :smile:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1789553 - 08/07/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice. I am from Texas too BTW. Fort Worth to be specific. PM me sometime. Maybe we could trade some spores or something. Welcome to the board fellow Texan! There are quite a few of us here.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1789561 - 08/07/03 05:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, I'm from Texas too!!!!  :smile: :smile:  I used to live in DFW but now I live in Austin.  Cool shrooms... 

OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
Re: Fruiting Problems or Impatience? [Re: ph_plus]
    #1791375 - 08/08/03 08:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually about the green... it is around the edge of the CAP.. and I was a bit concerned about that.. its just a ring around the edge.. but I searched through the forums here and found someone else growing T.C. that had the same issue, and the reply they were given was that it was ok..they all seemed healthy and when i dried them there was no rot noticeable in the stems or anything (when i split them open during the drying phase) .. Should I be concerned? Again thanks for the help and the positive comments!

OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
    #1791487 - 08/08/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Man! thanks for the pointer to the double ended casing tek! Ill be starting the dunk and casing tonite! That tek got rid of ALL My concerns.. it explained all my other questions! and about T.C. specifically.. again thank all you guys for the help!

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1791498 - 08/08/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No problemo. The dunk and verm help quite a bit. Just make sure you pull off any aborts on the cake before you dunk. My friend had one cake contam, and I think that was the cause. The abort he missed rotted and the trich took over from there. Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract