Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms
    #1788454 - 08/07/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1060249371168820.xml

Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms

08/07/03

Jesse Tinsley
Plain Dealer Reporter

Mayfield Heights - A teenager who ran naked down a residential street last week, punching through windows and stabbing himself before police killed him with a gunshot, had eaten toxic mushrooms 24 hours earlier, police said.

Yesterday, the man accused of selling Daniel Bucci the mushrooms appeared in Lyndhurst Municipal Court on a drug-trafficking charge. Matthew J. Palinkas, 22, of Chester Township remained in the Lyndhurst jail after bail was set at $100,000.

Palinkas' arrest Tuesday night came a week after Bucci was shot by a Mayfield Heights police officer after Bucci, 19, punched out her patrol car window and attacked her with a knife on Marnell Avenue. The officer was not injured.

Bucci's rampage took place around 2:45 a.m. after residents called police. A toxicology report will be released by the Cuyahoga County coroner's office in a few weeks. Police said Bucci's bizarre behavior appeared to be a result of eating the psilocybin mushrooms, which have an effect that is similar to LSD.

Bucci's father, Fred, helped police identify Palinkas. He described his son as warm, gifted and cherished by friends, but troubled by drugs. "I used to tell him that he had the potential to do anything he wanted," said Bucci, who hopes his son's death will steer others from drugs.

Daniel Bucci, of Mayfield Heights, loved soccer and computers. He was always looking out for other people, as he struggled with his own problems, his father said. That was apparent, he said, during Daniel Bucci's services Tuesday at the Cornerstone Community Church, where there was an outpouring of support.

Bucci knows well what his son faced with drug addiction. Bucci, 44, said he nearly destroyed his own life with drugs 25 years ago.

"I was one of the worst drug addicts in Mayfield Heights 25 years ago," Bucci said. "Police will tell you that I was a very scary individual. But God came in and set me free from the bondage."

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: motaman]
    #1788461 - 08/07/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wasn't that the shroomery kid who did PCP, too?

I could never imagine anyone on shrooms doing something like that. However, I can see someone on PCP doing it.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: Adden]
    #1794419 - 08/09/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quick, who can spot the number of errors in this article?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: Twirling]
    #1797051 - 08/10/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I spot alot.. too tired to do them all but one is .. "had eaten toxic mushrooms 24 hours earlier, police said".

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: Fungushungry]
    #1819258 - 08/16/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

All of this is in the Pub.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1819677 - 08/16/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is a very sad story, I couldn't imagine how confused (and devistated) this persons family must be now.

This is also a very scary story, for two reasons;
1- I 100% believe that this person was on just a little bit more than psilocybian mushrooms that night, and it is unfortunate that the "police-officers" have jumped to the conclusion of his actions being due to psilocybian mushroom consumption. He was clearly on something else. Mushrooms do not make people do what he did.
2- Number two, and i am floored by this; they tracked down the person who (supposedly) sold mushrooms to him (at one time or another). And that...that is just frightening how the family and "law-enforcement" tracked down (and arrested) the guy who had at one time or another gave him the mushrooms.

Sad sad sad.

But even more scary (for me, and you all) how this story effects the general Shrooming public... it really floors me how they have so-blatently laid the blame on Psilocybian mushrooms, and not the person (or his upbringings), his past, and what had led him to do this.. Psilocybian mushrooms have been blamed for something that someone (a human being) had unfortunately done..

The mushrooms did not do this, the person did this to themself...
I mean, had the kid been smoking a marijuana cigarette (before the incident occured) and then did this, would the marijuana cigarette been to blame? No. The answer is no.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1823163 - 08/17/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Any mushrooms that makes you trip is toxic, but they misword it.

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: TinMan]
    #1838735 - 08/21/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybin is non-toxic to the best of my knowledge. I'm almost positive about that.

--------------------
huh????

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1839166 - 08/21/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i'm going to quote myself on this in hope that someone can shed more light on this for me (us);

Quote:

2- Number two, and i am floored by this; they tracked down the person who (supposedly) sold mushrooms to him (at one time or another). And that...that is just frightening how the family and "law-enforcement" tracked down (and arrested) the guy who had at one time or another gave him the mushrooms.

Now, you know that if it was Marijuana or Cocaine/ PCP ect., you know that the coppers would not have went to the extent of tracking the supposed dealer of the drugs, but why is it that Mushrooms (and also lsd) are so...(what is the word?) why do they so badly want to find the source of these substances? why do they want so badly to see the person selling mushrooms, as opposed to other things like marijuana?
-if they found a bag of crack or marijuana in the kids room, they never would have tried to track down a crack or marijuana dealer, why so eager to find the people with mushrooms or even lsd..?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: Pala]
    #1839751 - 08/22/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> Psilocybin is non-toxic to the best of my knowledge. I'm almost positive about that.

Everything is toxic if you take enough... even water. Psilocybin is much less toxic than nicotine or asprin, but more toxic than THC or LSD.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Nude man who attacked officer ate toxic mushrooms [Re: Pala]
    #1839832 - 08/22/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The subject of toxicity is really a bitch. Anything is toxic in certain amounts, yet they only say its toxic if small doses kill.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1841169 - 08/22/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:

"I was one of the worst drug addicts in Mayfield Heights 25 years ago," Bucci said. "Police will tell you that I was a very scary individual. But God came in and set me free from the bondage."

Man, yeah that kid's upbringing. His dad was one of those people who say "god" saved them. Anyway, he was not a shroomerite. He was most definitly on something else, I think pcp. Count how many times they used the words drugs. I can't belive they tracked down the supplier of the mushrooms, so rediculous.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom