Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Michigan
Driver's license will expire soon..
    #17867441 - 02/26/13 03:36 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

This should be somewhat of a no-brainer, but eh. Reaching out for opinions nonetheless.

My driver's license will expire in less than 2 weeks, turning 25. I'm opting to NOT renew it, just going to let it expire, rendering me with absolutely no valid photo identification whatsoever.

I don't drive. Public transportation has treated me well for about 2 years. $40 a month for a damn bus pass is a way better deal than spending that per gas-stop in my opinion. I can afford a car no problem, I just honestly have no use for one at all. I've never been drunk, I don't smoke. I honestly don't have much of a life, which is really why I don't see the need for an ID.

I travel a few times a year, which may require me to actually get a passport at some point, but until then..

Wondering if any of you other folks also *don't* carry ID? Any thoughts? Opinions?

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: ProoN]
    #17867448 - 02/26/13 03:40 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I can't imagine why you would not carry valid identification.
You will need it for employment and housing and a myriad of other important transactions, and they will require it to be to-date. If you can supposedly afford a car, you can afford the trivial renewal fee.
In other words, there is no positive reason I can think of not to renew your ID.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #17867451 - 02/26/13 03:44 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I had an expired ID for like 2 years and I still drove with it.  Most places will except it, though some bars will be dicks about it.  If you don't have the money it isn't that big of a deal.  If you have the money get a new id.

--------------------

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: something super extreme]
    #17867453 - 02/26/13 03:45 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a house, I've got a job. I can't remember the last time I bought anything that required a photo ID. They're required when flying, but a passport can be used, there.

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#17867454 - 02/26/13 03:46 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Edited by Prisoner#1 (02/26/13 06:51 AM)

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: fapjack]
    #17867464 - 02/26/13 03:49 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Neither.

--------------------

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#17867468 - 02/26/13 03:50 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, and the audience is still curious as to why you're raging against the machine in such a peculiar and maladroit manner.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #17867470 - 02/26/13 03:51 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ProoN said:
I've got a house, I've got a job. I can't remember the last time I bought anything that required a photo ID. They're required when flying, but a passport can be used, there.

just FYI, a US passport is a valid form of ID. that shit is the equivalent of a license, minus the whole driving part

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Salomon]
    #17867474 - 02/26/13 03:54 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

If you lose a passport its a much bigger pain in the ass though, plus its something that's worth a lot more money than a license.  I think OP is being a lazy bastard personally and needs to just go to the DMV and spend 45 minutes with those degenerates just like the rest of us have to do.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #17867477 - 02/26/13 03:55 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

When I had to renew mine, it was insanely easy and practically free. And I had tickets and accidents on my record. What problems are you running into renewing yours?

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Salomon]
    #17867478 - 02/26/13 03:55 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

You may have trouble flying anywhere without a valid ID
I have been let on planes with out it, but once on the way coming back to where I live, I was told I needed 2 other ID's with my name on it in addition to my expired license (& luckily I had recently been at the library because I didn't have a computer at the time) & the library card counted as one of them.
ALSO
If you don't renew it within a year from the time it expires, if you ever decide to renew it in the future, you will have to retake your drivers exam rather than just getting your picture taken & paying the twenty one bucks.

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17867480 - 02/26/13 03:56 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:whatshesaid:

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17867484 - 02/26/13 04:01 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

That varies by state to state, I've never had to retake my drivers test.

--------------------

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: nooneman]
    #17867492 - 02/26/13 04:07 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

No problems that I'm aware of.. I just don't see a need for it anymore. Like I said, the only time I ever use a photo ID is for travel.

I've been living in California for 2 years now, having a Michigan driver's license the entire time. Haven't had any issues whatsoever. Opened a bank account shortly after moving here. Transferring jobs went flawlessly, purchased a house. Granted, my SS card was required for both, but I honestly have no need for an ID outside of traveling.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #17867499 - 02/26/13 04:13 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

You never know when you might need it in the future. Better to have and not need than need and not have and all that.

Maybe you'll become a raging alcoholic and then where will you be :lol:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#17867500 - 02/26/13 04:14 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

In many states, you can get a photo ID card instead of a drivers license.

Not having an ID has the potential to screw you over in many situations mentioned above.  There's not a good reason to NOT have one, as it can only cause problems.  However that seems to be your goal here since your so adamant about not getting one.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: badchad]
    #17867507 - 02/26/13 04:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
In many states, you can get a photo ID card instead of a drivers license.

Not having an ID has the potential to screw you over in many situations mentioned above.  There's not a good reason to NOT have one, as it can only cause problems.  However that seems to be your goal here since your so adamant about not getting one.

you're*

How is.. not needing one NOT a good reason to not have one? That seems backwards to me.

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#17867509 - 02/26/13 04:21 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

If a cop asks you for ID you are supposed to be able to produce one.  It can get you arrested and printed for one.

--------------------

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#17867512 - 02/26/13 04:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
If a cop asks you for ID you are supposed to be able to produce one.  It can get you arrested and printed for one.

I've never been asked to produce an ID aside from venues and airports. Must be a common experience for most of you folks replying.

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#17867516 - 02/26/13 04:26 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It comes with the territory of being a criminal...  If you are getting arrested anyway though it really doesn't matter, as my prints are on file.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#17867520 - 02/26/13 04:29 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ProoN said:

you're*

You do realize I used the correct form of "your" right?

In any event, everyone has outlined plenty of situations where an ID is required:  flying, booze, financial transactions etc.  You're certainly not required to have one though, good luck!

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#17867525 - 02/26/13 04:33 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

since your so adamant

"since my so adamant"? Please explain.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#17867543 - 02/26/13 04:52 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

meh, comprehension fail on my behalf.  You're correct.

I think the point about the ID still stands.

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#17867548 - 02/26/13 04:54 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't argue with anyone that think they don't need an ID, with that type of logic why even jerk off before work.  You don't need to complete into your sister shampoo bottle before she wakes up, doesn't mean it isn't good for a laugh with your friends.

--------------------

InvisibleDarkElf
Don't let commies win!
Male

Loc: Almost Canada.
    #17867553 - 02/26/13 05:00 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

OP... Get a NON DRIVER I.D.

I got my working papers at 14 and they wanted an I.D. A school I.D. would have worked but I never got that, so I just went to DMV paid like 5$ and got an I.D. with my picture/D.O.B. on it.

I have to renew my license in July and it's like 65$ If there were busses where I live, I would just get a non driver I.D.

You'll need a valid I.D. to get a passport as well, so keep that in mind.

--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #17867698 - 02/26/13 06:33 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I had no driver's license until I was about 30, and not having one really is a hassle in certain situations outside of actually driving, banking for example. I've never once been asked for ID at a new job though.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: psi]
    #17867705 - 02/26/13 06:36 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

You live in Canada though, the one country is just 1 giant episode of Trailer Park Boys.  I don't even think half of your cars have passenger side doors.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #17867713 - 02/26/13 06:42 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: Yeah I'm not sure why that is. They always ask for a social insurance number, but I guess it's sort of on the honor system a lot of the time that you actually are who you say you are.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: psi]
    #17867730 - 02/26/13 06:46 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder why the cold makes you guys nice, but people in the East Coast of the US assholes.  Never really understood that...

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #17867749 - 02/26/13 06:55 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:

only time you;re required to is if you're driving or on entry to a federal building

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Loc: tennessee
    #17867772 - 02/26/13 07:06 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

You can renew it on a computer at the DMV, and it will take like 10 minutes.  Hell, you may even be able to do it online.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17867882 - 02/26/13 07:48 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ProoN said:
This should be somewhat of a no-brainer, but eh. Reaching out for opinions nonetheless.

My driver's license will expire in less than 2 weeks, turning 25. I'm opting to NOT renew it, just going to let it expire, rendering me with absolutely no valid photo identification whatsoever.

I don't drive. Public transportation has treated me well for about 2 years. $40 a month for a damn bus pass is a way better deal than spending that per gas-stop in my opinion. I can afford a car no problem, I just honestly have no use for one at all. I've never been drunk, I don't smoke. I honestly don't have much of a life, which is really why I don't see the need for an ID.

I travel a few times a year, which may require me to actually get a passport at some point, but until then..

Wondering if any of you other folks also *don't* carry ID? Any thoughts? Opinions?

Good luck getting your passport without a DL. If you let your DL expire, at some point (it is a year here in MD), you will have bring in a huge amount of crazy shit to prove your identity it is ridiculous and take a new test. Or you could just go in, prove you can still see, and get a new license. Trust me, letting it expire will require a hundred times more effort.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (02/26/13 07:53 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17867900 - 02/26/13 07:55 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

fapjack said:

only time you;re required to is if you're driving or on entry to a federal building

This

There is no requirement to carry an ID. I rarely do if I'm just walking around because I lose shit all the time.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: koods]
    #17867962 - 02/26/13 08:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

fapjack said:

This

There is no requirement to carry an ID. I rarely do if I'm just walking around because I lose shit all the time.

same here, even when I'm driving it's usually at home but like you said in
your previous post, letting a license expire or not having a current ID is
a huge hassle but as I see it, it's good to keep a driver's license just in
case there's a point you do have to drive

Offlinemantis90
Cosmic Groovin
 User Gallery

Loc: Fla
    #17868045 - 02/26/13 08:59 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The only reason I ever renewed mine was for employment purposes and clerks at the liquor store being dicks about it..

OfflineCybernetic
Technological Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: 630 Flag
    #17868284 - 02/26/13 10:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Get an ID and then get a social life.

--------------------
A million tomorrows and a million yesterdays but mine is today

OfflineCybernetic
Technological Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: 630 Flag
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Cybernetic]
    #17868286 - 02/26/13 10:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The Shroomery does not count.

--------------------
A million tomorrows and a million yesterdays but mine is today

InvisibleDarkElf
Don't let commies win!
Male

Loc: Almost Canada.
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Cybernetic]
    #17868332 - 02/26/13 10:39 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cybernetic said:
Get an ID and then get a social life.

Quote:

Cybernetic said:
The Shroomery does not count.

Says who?! :snub:

--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17868367 - 02/26/13 10:51 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

fapjack said:

This...
What's up Pris?  I made it out of my personal hell man!
Anywhooores, I went with no ID for nearly 7 years, somewhat by choice and somewhat by nessecity.  The whole criminal thing fapper mentioned.  I now have a state ID card, and even with my criminal history, I still need to cash checks and thaaangalangs.
I'd just get the ID card Holmes, my state was only 7.00 and took about 20 minutes and I live in a large metro area.

Offlinestanski
Stranger
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #17868415 - 02/26/13 11:01 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Just get a passport dude

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Driver's license will expire soon.. [Re: stanski]
    #17868505 - 02/26/13 11:21 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I had one, I was on felony drug probate for about 6 years, so I need to get a new one.  I am a broke dick hippy ATM, but after I sell some foodstamps and slang a rock or two ill get a new passport.
:likeaboss:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
The Psychedelic Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: In the land of ooo
    #17868559 - 02/26/13 11:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Move to Arizona and have to renew you're license on you're 65th birthday. And to update pictures every 12 years.

--------------------
Almond Flour said:
Thats right. I take it up the ass on a daily. It feels great to finally let this out :gay:

How to use PGP encryption
The Stoner's Cookbook

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale