Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
August 5, 1861
    #1786482 - 08/06/03 10:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A sad fucking day.

The income tax was levied.

Thanks to this supreme fuck-up, we have so many things to be thankful for. The DEA, the BATF, the IRS, and many more. All because some asswipes decided the constitutional limits on federal powers could be shoved aside.

Of course it wasn't until the Feds started with-holding the money that people lost track of just how much the Feds take.

Imagine if you will, having to write a check for the total balance of your taxes at the end of the year. As it stands now, most have little clue how much they pay. When asked how much they pay in taxes, many answer "I got money back". As if it's a gift from the Feds. Try it, ask a friend or family member how much they paid in taxes last year. I bet few will have any idea.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: August 5, 1861 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1786494 - 08/06/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I get a running total on my payslip with how much of my salary I've paid in taxes, I hate seeing that column. :smile:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: August 5, 1861 [Re: Edame]
    #1786501 - 08/06/03 10:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A lot of people get that. Try asking a sample of people you know if, without looking at the stub, they can tell you how much they pay.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1786508 - 08/06/03 10:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm self employed. I do have to write a check every April.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: August 5, 1861 [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1786542 - 08/06/03 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not only self employed, I'm incorporated which means a business tax return due on March 15, plus a personal return due, as you know, in April.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1786562 - 08/06/03 10:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What are the benefits of incorporating? Don't you have to pay more taxes that way?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1786575 - 08/06/03 11:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No, there are far more write-offs when incorporated.

The main reason though, in my case, is that as a rental property owner, it's harder for my personal assets to be touched in the event of a lawsuit.

Downside? Paperwork. Even though I'm the sole owner, I have to conduct yearly meetings with myself, to decide on the years business plan, by myself, which I must file with the secretary of state, by myself, to keep myself on the straight and narrow. I mean after all, I wouldn't want me to defraud myself, and bilk myself out of money earned by myself.

The tax forms are a pain. I deal with many low income tenants, so there's that paperwork as well.

And I hate paperwork.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1786589 - 08/06/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wouldn't you be better off as an LLC of some sort?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1786618 - 08/06/03 11:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I see you're on top of things. That's in the works.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1786677 - 08/06/03 11:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's tough to convert an existing corporation to an LLC because you have to first dissolve the existing corporation, which could have serious tax implications to both the corporation and the owners, if the business' basis has increased in value since its inception.  On the other hand, if the down economy has depreciated the value of your business, now is the time to convert.  You probably already know this, so I'll shut up.  :smirk: 

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1787631 - 08/07/03 09:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ah, a topic everyone can agree on. I know how much I pay and it irritates me everytime I get paid. Unfortunately no one in Washington cares. It apparently does not matter who is in office, because they all spend like they are going to die if they don't.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion