Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Shroomism]
    #1787246 - 08/07/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Observe much, speak little.

OK, I'll try and stick to one-liners! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Swami]
    #1787284 - 08/07/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You know, I appreciate your critical skepticism, but your blatant mockery is just deplorable. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot debunk or invalidate an entire and complete stream of thoughts and ideas, simply by comparing it to or making reference to some mainstream pseudo spirituality. Sometimes you are the voice of reason, but other times it is the shrill voice of annoying animosity/antagonism/disparage/ridicule/dispirit, whatever you want to call it. Not everything falls in the same circle..you can't just chalk it all up into one category.

--------------------

InvisibleSteevil
Re: starseeds/wanderers *DELETED* [Re: Shroomism]
    #1787460 - 08/07/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Steevil

Reason for deletion: I had embarrassing opinions in the noughties

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1787559 - 08/07/03 06:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

B. Get others to think and discover for themselves.

As long as they think and discover the same as you Swamster? :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinemerlink
IntergalacticTraveler

Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Steevil]
    #1787574 - 08/07/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Not to sound crazy or anything, but i'll go out on a limb of vulnerability and claim with absolute certainty within myself that I am, and always have been a highly advanced spiritual being.  I've considered myself an "Intergalactic Traveler" since I was about 14 -- someone who was here to learn as much about this world as he could -- the eyes of something greater -- a spiritual data carrier, if you will. Both a collector and reflector of data (as ALL people are to SOME extent) -- however, I have a very keen awareness and perception of "energy" and "vibes". 

I've been raised outside of the box. Both of my parents were hippies who are both highly spiritual beings, each blessed with strong intuition which they have continued to nurture and develop throughout their lifetimes. 

I just turned 18, which does technically make me an Indigo Child (correct me if i'm wrong).  On a side note, does the Indigo generation have anything to do with Generation Y? are they one and the same? 

And for all of you: Not to simply BUY into Max's list of a starseed's traits, but they do make sense. (except I break that one about aversion to sex on a daily basis...hehehe.. :wink:

Most particularly, I find the tendency towards clumsiness the most interesting. I'm a somewhat tall guy (6'3") and quite atheltic -- however, my coordination has always been completely different from other people.  I'm not uncoordinated -- it's more like my coordination isn't "in sync" with this physical realm.. capish? 
As a matter of fact, I walked before I crawled..and did so before most babies crawled.

Furthermore, i'm definitely a thinker, and not a doer....  I took a very detailed personality test from kiersy.com earlier this year, and I was classified as an "Idealist Champion" (3% of the population).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that ultimately meaningless babble, everything in my life has been harmonically converging the past year.  Every person I meet, place I go, concept I discuss, etc. (no matter how far out or random) will come back around full circle in a completely different situation later in the same day. Some people *look* for parallels to analyze -- well, they smack me like a 2x4 every day of my life.

Life is one big pattern, I suppose. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, there are a lot of impressionable geeky misfits out there who would like to fit this description so that they feel more adequite --- there are fakers everywhere.  Truly spiritual beings know where they stand -- spirituality is really a matter of perception of oneself within a whole.

Spirituality is freedom -- as our essence is unconfinable.

Energy doesn't fit in boxes -- screw the squares that the government is trying to produce with ADD medicines, turning sensitive souls on other missions into zombies serving our skewed society.

-Merlin

--------------------
"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought." - Merlin

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: merlink]
    #1787606 - 08/07/03 06:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hey does anyone have any liks to places where I can read more about starseedas and such.  knowledge is power ya know.  this is the first time I have even heard of what you guys are talking about, but it so makes sense with what I've been feeling for the past 3 years.  everyone around me says I'm insane for some of my thoughts. hey I have dreans sometimes where I know that I am me, and these seem like memories, but they don't fit with my existence here on earth.  make any sense? :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: kaiowas]
    #1787683 - 08/07/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You can start exploring this page http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/html/faq.html , try also the link page at that site and have fun.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Steevil]
    #1787715 - 08/07/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Steevil said:
No offence to any spiritual beings, but the bullet points above also seem to be a pretty accurate description of impressionable geeky misfits who might like to believe they're different for a reason.

i gotta agree with this guy. i figured this time i would respect other peoples beliefs. at least untill i clicked that link and saw it was on the same page as whale people and cat men. haha this is proper moon cult shit.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1787799 - 08/07/03 09:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The good part is, you're not obligated to believe in all that stuff. Intelligence plays an important role when it comes to understand things, you know :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: MAIA]
    #1787837 - 08/07/03 09:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Intelligence and gullibility are NOT mutually exclusive AT ALL. The David Koresh followers were NOT redneck losers. The Heaven's Gate Cult members were mostly highly intelligent high-tech professionals.

The characteristics on the start of this thread are so vague as to apply to half of humanity. No, it is not enough to merely be smart, but if YOU personally using similar methods can not come to the same conclusions as the poster of this or any other dogma, then why accept it? Truth, if it exists, is available to all directly to you. It does not need an external mouthpiece to tell you what to believe.

The real reason people do accept wild teachings is because it temporarily fills a void in themselves and gives them a seeming sense of purpose.

Reread the opening post again: starseeds are special people (you are different and on a spiritual mission) - then the disclaimer is put in so that it does not sound ego-based, that starseeds are not special. Can't even be honest.

People, I am decades older than most of you. Does that make me smarter or wiser? Not necessarily, but it does give me the vantage point of having seen much more. How many cults and spiritual communities based on very similar ideas have survived from the idealized '60s & '70s? I think you already know the answer to that one.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Shroomism]
    #1787877 - 08/07/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"It is through the cycle of reincarnation into the physical plane ..."
------------------

Reincarnation is a wonderful concept. However, personally, I much rather like the term: RE-BIRTH.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1788016 - 08/07/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Good points about the jehova's witnesses Swami.

Starseeds will feel out of place, because their thoughts and ideas are unconventional compared to those around them

Actually, not quite fitting in is universal and has nothing to do with being a highly evolved spiritual being. We're constantly told what it is to be human, so much so that we never have a chance to look at ourselves and actually find out. Billboards, advertisements, TV shows and films bombard us with attitudes and lifestyles that nobody actually experiences in their lives. This puts a little voice inside of us saying "This isn't quite right..." We accept that we must conform to these ideals no matter how detrimental until after adolescence, when an emperor has no clothes type situation occurs and we realize that we don't have to wear those trendy pants if we don't want to!

This natural process of growth is exploited in the "starseed manifesto" to give potential believers a sense of importance: Basically, each starseed is 'programmed' to awaken to their true heritage at a certain point in life, activated through experiences, or certain life lessons.

This is known as "growing up" by most people. It's a very interesting time, and it's easy to be tricked into thinking that (a) it is unique to you (b) that it is a sign of your destiny being manifested with the help of the Gods. I'm 22 now, and I remember back when I was 18, out in the wide world for the first time, I realized that everything I was ever told about life was a hoax. This huge realization, which we all go through, was "activated through experiences" and "certain life lessons."

I've seen a large group of people go through this kind of change all together. They used to talk about how uncanny it was that they all knew eachother. A friend of mine said to me "Don't you think it's kind of interesting that we're all here at the same time, that so many of us with similiar ideas know eachother?" This was alluding to some kind of higher purpose for the group. I pointed out that people who don't think alike don't hang out with eachother, so no, it's not at all incredible that a bunch of similiar minded people would party together. That was a fucked up summer, lemme tell ya. I heard people so many times say "Wow, so many geniuses, eh?" Refering to the number of talented artists in the group. The truth is, they were all a bunch of weiners pumping themselves up and trying to have sex with eachother. I bring this up because I recognize a lot of the attitudes here ie: I am, and always have been a highly advanced spiritual being.

You and every other eighteen year old raised by hippies. And I know, I've seen a lot of hippy kids and am one myself. We all think we're sooooo much better than the kids raised by people who wear suits. And in some ways we are better off, but in other ways we need some serious lessons, because we need to be taught that no, we aren't higher vibrating entities.

An aversion to physicality, including sex and other physical contact.

"ahhh," says the starseed, "now I know why I never get laid. I always thought it was because I was an unnatractive nerd with allergies and poor coordination, but no, it's because I'm ethereal.."

This is what pisses me off. Most of this is just funny, but the starseed thing preys on the weak. If you are uncoordinated, don't fit in, and have a weak immune system, then you are a starseed. People with these handicaps generally don't stand up to society's standards, which makes them alienated from society, which is another sign of being a starseed. This alienation and lack of confidence makes them less likely to get laid, which is yet another sign of being a starseed. Then, guess what happens if you SUCK and never get laid? You get depressed.. yet ANOTHER sign of your starseedness.

blah blah blah it's all bullshit.

Anonymous

Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Dogomush]
    #1788049 - 08/07/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Congratulations! You get the 2003 Gold Medal For Twisting Words To Suit Your Own Needs award!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: ]
    #1788099 - 08/07/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dodgmush expressed no needs. He is not soliciting followers.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#1788102 - 08/07/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Neither am I. Are you trying for the Silver Medal?

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: Dogomush]
    #1788213 - 08/07/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dogomush makes me laugh. he said everything i wanted to but didnt have the effort for.

im the black sheep in my family and ive never met another soul like me. so does that mean im a magical reptile alien from orion?

InvisibleSteevil
Re: starseeds/wanderers *DELETED* [Re: MAIA]
    #1788224 - 08/07/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Steevil

Reason for deletion: I had embarrassing opinions in the noughties

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: ]
    #1790423 - 08/07/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

People who are prepared enough to transition know it at some level of their being. They are tired of this world and have realized how confined and limited it is.

How could you possibly become tired of this world? Have you ever walked through a forest? Watched animals play? Created something? Had a mate?

I dunno man, this world seems like I could spend the rest of my life learning and experiencing constantly and still not absorb all there is to absorb.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: chunder]
    #1790472 - 08/07/03 10:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am tired of this reality. Not this world, all reality.

But I don't think I'm a starchild, and I don't know if all this is true or not, I have not experienced any of it.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: starseeds/wanderers [Re: trendal]
    #1790509 - 08/07/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i was gonna post a bunch of responses, but then I figured "why bother" :smile: :smile: :smile:

anyways, nice thread

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag