Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday
    #1777803 - 08/04/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hello Shroom Friends,

Well it has finally happen. It took exactly 3 1/2 years, but now, my parents yard is conditioned for the fruiting of the double-g's!~

Four Shroom images and One Shroom, in succession of one another;

Once again i bring to you with great honor;
-Southwest Florida's very own, Lawn Shroom!!!!

Keep shroomin,

GGreatOne234 :heartpump: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshowcivic17
good fella
Loc: northeastern USA
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1777821 - 08/04/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nice find greatone,hope you find some more of those bad boys! :smile:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: showcivic17]
    #1777827 - 08/04/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you showcivic for your kindness.

I think i might take a bikeride through the neighborhood here soon and do exactly that, with my moms bike equipt with nice front basket to store the Shrooms and camera.

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1778273 - 08/04/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are these edibles, or what? I find them on the lawn of the university i attend all the time.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: jackgreen]
    #1778288 - 08/04/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Is it one of the universities in South Florida???

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
    #1779245 - 08/04/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think these are the mushies I am always seeing when Im working GGreatOne,I live in Western Ky. And Ive picked a few to look at the gills and see if they maybe would bruise blue for me but, they havent bruised yet and i havent had a chance to take a spore print,whats the name of this species anyway?thanks, o and do they even grow in Ky.?Peaceout
happyhunting---

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: aminitaman]
    #1779252 - 08/04/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My bad,i just remembered UNIDENTIFIED,sorry GGreatOne,my fault,but they are psychoactive though???

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Anonymous

Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: aminitaman]
    #1779582 - 08/04/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineshowcivic17
good fella
Loc: northeastern USA
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: ]
    #1779762 - 08/04/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't you say they were really potent greatone? ya there edible and very potent.am i right ggreatone?

OfflineBeamer
Stranger
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: showcivic17]
    #1779977 - 08/04/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

They are edible and potent so have fun, and dont trip of the planet on your journey!

Offlinekenjaman
half-a-centurypsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pinellas County, Florida
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: Beamer]
    #1780905 - 08/05/03 07:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

1st post here. The pics look very similar to what I've found on my lawn this week in Pinellas County, FL. - I don't have a camera, but I placed the cap on paper for a spore print this morning.

--------------------
LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!!
Is it god or is it prozac?
Or are they one and the same?

LiC - kenja

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: kenjaman]
    #1781025 - 08/05/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hello kenjaman, Welcome to the Shroomery!~!~!~

You Need a camera; i would just love to see what you're finding.

Everyone: So far, this particular species has only really been proven to be found (with a camera) in Sarasota and Manatee county, and also a couple reports from the Tampa area and one report from the Miami area, but those people did not have a camera to prove this.

Everyone has to realize that if you dont live in the Tampa Florida area or south Florida than you probably would not be finding this shroom. There are several non-active look-a-likes to this mushroom that grow in lawns.

They are latently (mildly) psychoactive. -'Though, i have had a few collections that were just about as potent as Panaeolus cyanescens, so, the potency seems to fluctuate like this during optimum conditions.

The white mycelium at the base of the mushrooms stems sometimes stains a very light blue color.

My lawn has several new ones that popped up last night!~:lol:
-Once it stops raining im going to snap a few more shots of the good shroom.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1781171 - 08/05/03 09:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:smile: Ok, there are 3 more pictures of 4 more shrooms for your viewing playsure;

First, a grouping of 3;

Second, i zoom in to the 2 shrooms on the right of the last pic;

Third, i zoom in on another shroom who was straying off by itself;

GGreatOne234 

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #1781240 - 08/05/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nice!!

You should go into the lawn care business GG. That way you'll have clear access to a bunch of yards. And you can spread the spores around.
Pretty soon the caster's will be so thick, you'll have to harvest'em with a combine. :smile:

doo 

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Anonymous

#1782325 - 08/05/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have a camera GG, I will be happy to take pictures of some for you. The bank I have been picking them at is still producing them, just alot less then before.

The first time I went to the property there were upwards of a thousand of them growing in the new turf. As I stated before, as time goes by, and the turf establishes, they appear with less frequency. EVEN with the IRRIGATION on the property.

I picked thirty of them last sunday!!!

It has been raining down here, so maybe I will get up early tommorow, and go shoot some pics before the bank opens up!!!

Would still love a gill fragment for comparison to the ones I am picking, if you are interested? Or give me an addy via pm to send some your way for comparison.

I also found a few specimens on new turf at my brothers house, and on OLD turf at a shopping center down here.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1782701 - 08/05/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Teonan,

I've located these at maybe, 40 different locations (lawns) throughout town.
I've never found anymore than 100 in a single day..

Yes and they do appear in less frequency after each fruiting..and then when they stop growing in one spot then they don't come back.
-I was thinking about buying a PH soil testing kit to test the soils where and when i find them growing...i bet that the soil PH has a lot to do with when and how long they fruit..
-I think that they could be growing from the Grass-Clippings that the lawn mowers leave behind..

Yeah, try to snap a few pictures and share with us!!!

Anonymous

#1783000 - 08/05/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

here are my oldest pics of this mushroom from 6/07/01

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#1783005 - 08/05/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Those grow all over my yard. Maybe its a lookalike, but I'll microscopy one. (when they start growing again)

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: UFG (Unidentified Flying GGreatoneifolius) In backyard Taday [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1783018 - 08/05/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

what state do you live in?

These lack warts on the spores, which excludes them from being foes and casters.

According to A FIELD GUIDE TO SOUTHERN MUSHROOMS they are Panaeolus acuminatus. They match up microscopically!!!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1784652 - 08/06/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok folks, 3 more collections from cruising the neighborhood on bike with basket on handlebars  :smile:

First we have 4 of the same shrooms i photoed yesterday (above habitat photos) in our very own lawn and i left them overnight to mature and to pick today;

Ok, and next we have 2 more along-side a single Panaeolus campanulatus of which is the non-active dung-dwelling mushroom, but sometimes Pan campanulatus pops up in lawns also; and this collection was made from our very own next door neighbors lawn; all three Shrooms growing in close proximity to eachother;

And last, we have another collection of the same two shrooms (with the non-active Pan campanulatus on the right of the pen and the ggreatoneifolius' on the left), this collection was made through-out the neighborhood while riding on bike and the shrooms go into the basket on the handlebars; found on maybe 5 or 6 seperate lawns and a few of these more robust specimens had the bluing of white mycelium at the base of the stems.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Teonan, i think you have got them!
Any more pics?
Have you ever seen the light bluing at the base of any stems?
Have you ever eaten them?
Thank you for sharing them.

My first collection of this Shroom was made on March 1st, 2000.
And actually i must have found about 200 on that guys lawn that day!
It was most likely the largest collection i have ever made of these.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234   

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom