Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJoshuasca
Male

Phish logo.
    #17831166 - 02/19/13 04:08 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Last time I was tripping on shrooms, I kept having these closed eye visuals that consisted of neon fish that looked exactly like the phish logo, minus the words phish. It was like the outline of it. And the colors were shifting, just like how i imagine it's supposed to look, even though it's a still photo. Do you think they got the idea of the band name/logo from tripping or was it just random? Also, when I took 25i, i kept seeing the same spiral maze pattern as perpetual groove's logo. Weird.

--------------------

Edited by Joshuasca (02/19/13 04:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineC20H25N30
Stranger

Re: Phish logo. [Re: Joshuasca]
    #17831175 - 02/19/13 04:09 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Joshuasca said:
Last time I was tripping on shrooms, I kept having these closed eye visuals that consisted of neon fish that looked exactly like the phish logo, minus the words phish. It was like the outline of it. Do you think they got the idea of the band name/logo from tripping or was it just random? Also, when I took 25i, i kept seeing the same spiral maze pattern as perpetual groove's logo. Weird.

Kind of off-topic but I saw you've tried 25i. I've got some 1200ug blotters, do you recommend I try it for my first psych or just bin them like other people say?

InvisibleFuturesight
Mind Mage
Male

Loc: The Candy Kingdom
    #17831177 - 02/19/13 04:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well last time I tripped on 5g of cubes, I saw a kaleidoscope of Spongebob and Patrick looking fried sticking their tongues out and their eyes kind of crossed. So maybe.

--------------------

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Phish logo. [Re: Futuresight]
    #17831201 - 02/19/13 04:16 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

C20H25N30 said:
Quote:

Joshuasca said:
Last time I was tripping on shrooms, I kept having these closed eye visuals that consisted of neon fish that looked exactly like the phish logo, minus the words phish. It was like the outline of it. Do you think they got the idea of the band name/logo from tripping or was it just random? Also, when I took 25i, i kept seeing the same spiral maze pattern as perpetual groove's logo. Weird.

Kind of off-topic but I saw you've tried 25i. I've got some 1200ug blotters, do you recommend I try it for my first psych or just bin them like other people say?

sounds like you intend to take it anyway, just waiting for somone to say its a good idea.

make your own decision, if you want to then go for it if you don't then don't, not hard.

OP: i think you had a "themed" trip, i have them from time to time, last one i was playing minecraft for a few hours before dosing and the entire trip was block and minecraft related, didnt even feel wrong at the time.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

OfflineJoshuasca
Male

Re: Phish logo. [Re: C20H25N30]
    #17831202 - 02/19/13 04:16 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

C20H25N30 said:
Quote:

Joshuasca said:

Ha it's funny you ask, because I was just explaining to someone earlier how I think it gave me a hernia and I'm not doing it again. That being said, I have a bunch of friends that did 2 hits of 25i recently and had nothing bad to report. But I have 2 blotters left to, and I'm not doing them. My girlfriend and her friend are going to take 1 each at a mimosa show. Oh and also, I think i figured out it wasn't a hernia, it just gave me really weird cramping/spasms in my intestinal area.

So, my answer is, it probably won't hurt you unless you're allergic. And I think it's very rare to be allergic. You could start with a half of one to test it out. I mean I only took 1 each time I did it and I tripped pretty hard each time. The visuals are the most prominent feature, and they're pretty crazy. I definitely feel like it's more of a party drug.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, I only had what I thought was a hernia after I smoked weed. So I feel like if you don't smoke you'll be ok.

--------------------

OfflineJoshuasca
Male

Re: Phish logo. [Re: bishlap]
    #17831216 - 02/19/13 04:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
Quote:

C20H25N30 said:
Quote:

Joshuasca said:

sounds like you intend to take ir anyway, just waiting for somone to say its a good idea.

make your own decision, if you want to tgen go for it if you don't then don't, not hard.

OP: i think yoy had a "themed" trip, i have them from time to time, last one i was playing minecraft for a few hours before dosing and the entire trip was block and minecraft related, didnt even feel wrong at the time.

Yeah, you're probably right, although I rarely listen to phish, let alone look at their logo. But your subconscious is a crazy thing. I remember one time I was having sex on 3 hits of some nbome, and when I closed my eyes I saw the most ridiculous sexual cartoon imagery that was looping just like my profile gif picture I have.

--------------------

Offlinetmwsiy
Stranger
    #17832732 - 02/19/13 08:54 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

That's amazing if you realized this without someone telling you the story of the logo creation. It was pretty much exactly what happened to you. There used to be FAQ on Phish.net from an interview with Trey who said that the logo indeed came after an "oh kee pah" ceremony at the Rhombus. Though in addition to mushrooms, there was a bit of peyote. The logo just appeared on the inside of his eyelids. Again, amazing that the same thing happened to you.

OfflineJoshuasca
Male

Re: Phish logo. [Re: tmwsiy]
    #17832856 - 02/19/13 09:12 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tmwsiy said:
That's amazing if you realized this without someone telling you the story of the logo creation. It was pretty much exactly what happened to you. There used to be FAQ on Phish.net from an interview with Trey who said that the logo indeed came after an "oh kee pah" ceremony at the Rhombus. Though in addition to mushrooms, there was a bit of peyote. The logo just appeared on the inside of his eyelids. Again, amazing that the same thing happened to you.

Damn. Yeah I literally had no idea that that was how it happened, I just knew what I saw looked at exactly like the phish logo with the same color shifting, and that's the first thing that came to my mind when I was tripping that day. So I wonder about the P Groove logo now...

--------------------

OfflineJoshuasca
Male

#17832910 - 02/19/13 09:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm trying to search for background on it on google and can't find anything. I'm curious to know more about the story now.

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
    #17832966 - 02/19/13 09:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The Phish logo story is urban legend.  Trey doesn't use psychs, he's a fucking junkie.

The first live gig that the core members of Phish played was in a University of Vermont dorm cafeteria on Dec. 2, 1983. They were known then as Blackwood Convention (derived from a popular contract bridge bidding strategy), and their repertoire included covers of "Proud Mary," "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" and "Roadhouse Blues." As they began to play more gigs, they realized they needed a better name. They thought of Phshhhh (no vowel), allegedly from the sound of brushes on a snare drum. By Halloween, 1984, they added a vowel and shortened it to Phish. As Puterbaugh writes, "Phish was intriguing but ambiguous, and it didn't tie them to any particular sound or movement. Phish played on Fishman's name and on fish in general, much like the minor alteration of animal names that turned beetles into 'Beatles' and birds into 'Byrds.'" Puterbaugh puts to rest the long-lived rumor that Phish is a contraction of Grateful Dead bass player Phil Lesh's name. It was total coincidence, though a happy accident to fans of both bands.

Source: "Trippy Phish Phacts"
http://www.valleyadvocate.com/article.cfm?aid=11254

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: Phish logo. [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #17833836 - 02/20/13 01:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

maharishi, i agree with everything you said about the formation of the name of Phish (especially Fishman...Fish...Beetles...Beatles) that's what i've been told.  As far as trey goes, i disagree. he is no longer a junkie (have you seen him play since 2009?...), and does not take psychs anymore (although he used to eat L on occasion back in the day).  don't mean to start argument, just wanted to defend my favorite band and guitarist in the world.

OP: i agree with bishlap regarding having a "themed" trip.  i got spun on some L a month ago on the beach, and as the waves receded i saw Grateful Dead Stealies in the water receding, and was blown away.  I thought to myself, "so that's where the stealie comes from!"  but, i was probably having a "themed" trip as well, as I am a huge Grateful Dead fan as well and listen to them often when spun. haven't researched or heard how the logo originated

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Phish logo. [Re: crispy86]
    #17834717 - 02/20/13 09:07 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just don't like Phish :shrug:
I've seen them twice, and both times sucked horrifically.
Just my two pennies though.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: Phish logo. [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #17837945 - 02/20/13 07:30 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

the music phish creates isn't for everybody.  we all have our own taste.  i'm curious when you saw them, maharishi?...they were in the prime '95-'00 in my opinion (i know that's a broad range of years, but if i had to narrow it down '97-'98 were certainly the center of their prime)...if you saw them '03-'04...there's a good chance you saw some shitty shows.  however, since they've been back in '09, they've certainly gotten serious and play much tighter.  i caught a bunch of shows between '09-'12 and they are STILL growing as a band, blowing my mind almost every time.  i'm biased tho cuz i've been listening to them since i was very young.  i'm rambling now...

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Phish logo. [Re: crispy86]
    #17837987 - 02/20/13 07:37 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I have tried listening to phish, only what Pandora offered though, not a big fan, but I dont like most shpongle either or most new age psyce music.

im shure being at a show with sufficient headspace would change that but that's very unlikely to happen.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: Phish logo. [Re: bishlap]
    #17838029 - 02/20/13 07:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

their live jams are where i really get off.  youtube phish "2001" from island tour '98 for a taste of how psychedelic they can get (:  if you like and want more, i have plenty more suggestions...their music has so much variety (rock, blues, some jazz fusion, psychedelic jams, very intricate compositions in songs, great lyrics (most of which are difficult to understand unless you are a long-time phan), but in my opinion they happen to be the most psychedelic jam band ever to have played on this planet. eat some L and go to a Phish show, and you'll know what i'm talking about.  can't explain it; you just have to experience it for yourself.  if you don't like it, you don't like it...but they tend to blow people away during their live shows

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies