Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMosey3012
 User Gallery

Clean Air Accessories!
    #17830250 - 02/19/13 01:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I was looking into laminar hood set up's out of curiosity and remembered that I had access to a couple different air purifying units.

The smaller one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896101596
has a 70 CADR rating and a 3-stage filter system. HEPA -> Active Carbon -> Ionizer. The unit's True HEPA high-efficiency filter traps 99.97 percent of all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. Recommended room size of 11' X 10' (110 SQ. FT.)

And a larger one, similar to this one
http://www.air-purifiers-america.com/product.asp?product=50150&utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=shoppingengine&campid=Honeywell&adid=50150

My first ridiculous thought was "I'll rip one of those fuckers apart and build a laminar flow hood!" however I at the point of this thought I had no earthly idea what constructing one consisted of. After a decent amount of research I see now that just the filter for a true flow hood that would produce laminar air flow is as big if not bigger then that small unit listed above...

Ive seen that some people have incorportated units like these into make shift laminar type boxes that apparently work but from what I can tell its probably just easier to construct a still air box then it would be worth the time, effort, and money that it would be to properly construct something using a small compact unit as I've mentioned.

All that crap being said... Since I DO have these units available to me, would you recommend any way that I might use them to provide for a better sterile working area?

I figured once I get a door of some sort or proper cover for my work area That maybe having the smaller unit run in there a couple hours before I go do anything would help assist in the air quality in that particular area? Or would that just be offset when I opened the door to this area to go in and work?

This is the space under the stairs, its connected to a small closet/storage area that has its own door on the bottom lvl of the house. Currently I just move everything im working with into the room after sanitizing it all and spraying the room down then let it all sit. Ive got a huge piece of cardboard that I cover up that doorway area while I work or while its not in use so I'm pretty much in a tiny little still air room. I also usually use a glove box within this room to keep things extra funky fresh. Its small enough to keep air movement pretty minimal but big enough for me to work pretty damn comfortably I'd say.

Any suggestions on how I might incorporate one of these units into that work area to make it better or are my wandering thoughts on this one not worth the time?

Lemme know!

Mosey

--------------------

"Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning"

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder