Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Mushrooms + SSRI's?
    #1782916 - 08/05/03 09:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone ever tripped on Mushrooms while taking a scrip of an SSRI? I was just wondering if there is any interactions while shrooming and on SSRI's.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1782917 - 08/05/03 09:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard it diminishes the magic of the mushies. It all depends on your brain/dosage/what-kind-of-SSRI.

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1782982 - 08/05/03 10:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just stumbled upon this over at the Bluelight FAQ's.

Quote:

Hallucinogens (LSD/Acid, psilocybin/Shrooms, Tryptamines ? 2-ct-2,DPT, DMT etc, Salvia): These drugs can be safely combined with the SSRIs. Most people report that they need to take MORE of a hallucinogen to get normal effects. Thus, if you are taking an SSRI, you will probably need more of the drug to reach threshold effects. Some people find that they need to take more LSD, but that shrooms affect them normally. So be careful ? start at a normal dose and only take more if you find that you need to.
NOTE: Do not take ?ayahuasca? while on an SSRI. Do not combine SSRIs with any kind of MAOI, such as harmaline.

So I guess the only question remaining is has anyone who's taking or taken SSRI's and tripped while on them have any info to tell?

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineGeneric0
Mushroom
Loc: Mushvill
    #1783298 - 08/05/03 11:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just found out that celexa wich i have been taking for about 2 years is an SSRI and that that is why i have not been able to trip on shrooms i had taken like 5.5g of nice dry mushrooms
i got a lil more than stoned and that was it and i say patterns thats it. im talking to my doctor in the next day or so....

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
    #1783299 - 08/05/03 11:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

edit

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (08/31/03 03:11 AM)

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1783473 - 08/06/03 12:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I hope I will be able to trip while on SSRI's because soon enough I'm going to the doctors for my anxiety and I'm more than positive that he will perscribe me an SSRI and probably some type of benzo.

Grrr....

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

#1783480 - 08/06/03 12:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I just found out that celexa wich i have been taking for about 2 years is an SSRI and that that is why i have not been able to trip on shrooms i had taken like 5.5g of nice dry mushrooms
i got a lil more than stoned and that was it and i say patterns thats it. im talking to my doctor in the next day or so....

I can only imagine..."hey doc, I can't trip on mushrooms anymore because of the medication I'm on so can you perscribe me something which won't prevent me from having a good strong trip?"

he he...that would be awesome.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1783563 - 08/06/03 01:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my friend ate an 8th once and said it barely did anything. He was on SSRI's. I forget which one though

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1783854 - 08/06/03 02:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

edit

--------------------

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (08/31/03 03:10 AM)

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: Generic0]
    #1783858 - 08/06/03 02:40 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How much Celexa are you taking daily? I'm on Lexapro and it is just a "refined" form of Celexa. Also, if you get off of Celexa, get ready for the "brain zaps." They are oh so much fun.

-RR68

Quote:

Generic0 said:

--------------------

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

#1783866 - 08/06/03 02:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

See if he will let you spot treat your anxiety with Xanax. Put them under your tongue at the onset of an attack. Stay away from the SSRI's and refuse them unless you are really really depressed. Good luck.

-RR68

Quote:

DannyBoy said:
I hope I will be able to trip while on SSRI's because soon enough I'm going to the doctors for my anxiety and I'm more than positive that he will perscribe me an SSRI and probably some type of benzo.

Grrr....

--------------------

OfflinetrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1783983 - 08/06/03 03:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've taken mushrooms while on Celexa and Effexor (which isn't really an SSRI).

The celexa definately took all the fun and awe out of the trip. It was dull and I barely peaked at all.

The effexor, which made me feel slightly like I was on mushrooms all day long (including massive pupils) had different effects at different times that I took mushrooms while on it. It lessened the effect in some aspects, but made other parts of the trip much more prominent. Plus I wasn't axious at all where as I'm usually pretty strung up and the like.

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Offlinecarebare47
Stranger

#14519437 - 05/27/11 08:13 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all,

Sorry to re-awaken such an old thread, but I am on a 150mg sertraline (200mg is the highest dose they can give) daily. I will be experimenting with different dosages and will post what it takes me to reach different trip levels. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. If this needs a thread of its own please move it, I apologise if I have put this in the wrong place.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: carebare47]
    #14519468 - 05/27/11 08:26 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

If you have a good enough shrink you can admit to just about anything and gain their help. It's the liars and those who deceive their shrinks that they do not trust.

But don't expect just any shrink to recognize your concerns. they will see the need to trip as a self medicating step towards a psychotropical balance, and so will try to reallign you towards a more societal or 'normal' way of deriving self benefit.  That said, they understand that all people are different. 

With my shrink though I have never mentioned enthnobotanical phenomenon I have mentioned being a stoner, and my DUI foray. Without prejudice. He prescribed my plenty benzos and Celexa, which I took for two years. But due to loss of libido which is a typical aspect of any SSRI, including Celexa (which may be good if you're a constantly oversexed teen), I finally got switched to Mirtazapine which I find hugely superior. I really recommend this drug over others in the antidepressant class. Check it out.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinecarebare47
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms + SSRI's? [Re: eve69]
    #14583751 - 06/09/11 09:09 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

My shrink is defiantly one of the better ones, and we do have quite a good relationship. I can tell him anything and he won't be surprised. I am only 17, and due to that and after much discussion he does strongly recommend SSRIs over the other forms of anti-depressant. I think that if I asked he would change me over to Mirtazapine, but I think he would be reluctant at the moment as, I imagine, I would have to wait a month or so to clear the SSRIs out of my system before starting the Mirtazapine, and I have only recently come out of my last major depressive episode.

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that I tell him that I am experimenting with shrooms and ask to be put onto a different anti-depressant?

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Also, I had my first trip last Monday after not taking the tablets for three days prior. I had about 20 grams fresh. Within 45 mins music started to sound very wide and much better than it ever had before (mainly listened to infected mushroom & pink floyd, my two favorite bands =P). I saw some nice patterns on one of my walls (that is normally just silvery), and at one point somebody on the tv's skin went purple. I then laughed at myself for a while, and wasn't sure why.

I tried another trip on Saturday evening (I think). I must of had about 4-5 grams dry which I built up starting from two grams. I had however taken 100mg sertraline the previous night at 10:00pm. After a few hours and about 3.5 grams a lamp wobbled a little and seemed to move closer to me and then away. A few hours and another 1.5 grams later and nothing else had happened, so I decided to call it a night.

I havn't had my tablets since Monday, and I have two small cakes and one that was made inside a plastic Chinese takeaway box (it is rather big =P) all on their second flushes that will be ready by tomorrow morning. Will have these on Sunday/Monday probably, and then report back on what the trip is like after over a week of no tablets.

Cheers,

Tom

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience