Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

a mirro pressure cooker question ?!?!?
    #1782779 - 08/05/03 08:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My brother is letting me use his pressure cooker. I dont really know how to use it.. The bottom piece practicly looks like a pot and the lid just has a thing in the middle where you put the circle thing on it and i have the circle thing that goes on it. Now how exacly do i do this.. there is nothing in the bottom of the pressure cooker to hold the jars i take it i should put down a rag or something ontop the bottom of the pot. Where should the water lvl be on the jars? How do i know when its the right PSI and how do i keep it at that psi?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: a mirro pressure cooker question ?!?!? [Re: Fiend_13]
    #1782878 - 08/05/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

First, make sure there is a rubber ring that goes in between the lid and the pot, this has to be there or it will never seal. If it's missing the little rack that goes in the bottom, then a rag will work. Put about an inch of water in the bottom. Once you put your jars in, this one inch should displace and turn into about 2 inches. Put the cooker on your stove, put you jars inside, make sure there is water in the bottom, then put the lid on. It should lock into place by turning it. Now, the little circle thing controls the pressure inside. It should have three different holes on it with 5, 10, and 15 printed beside them. You want to place the hole with the 15 next to it over the pointy thing on the top of the lid. Turn on your stove to its highest setting. It should take a little while to heat up and pressurize. When it reaches 15 psi, the little round thing you placed on top will start to rock, rattle and spit steam. You want to turn down the heat now just enough so that it still rocks and spits steam but it doesn't keep building pressure. This just takes some getting used to. You will eventually find the ideal setting on your stove, just keep playing with the stove untill it rocks steadily. Once it's regulated at 15 psi, cook your grain for an hour or so. When it's done, turn off the heat, wait for the rocker to stop spitting steam and making noise, then take off the the rocker. This will depressurize the cooker. It will spit steam out of the hole on top for a little while. A few minutes after it's done, you can take the lid off. Piece o cake!

Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Mindlessconsumer ofcommercialproducts
Re: a mirro pressure cooker question ?!?!? [Re: Fiend_13]
    #1782880 - 08/05/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know what PC you have, but mine has a tray in the bottom. I also have a weight with the numbers 0,5,10, and 15 for the PSI. Use 15 PSI only. Make sure the vent is clear (important if you don't want to test the safety release plug). If you're using glass it may rattle around, but I don't know if they'd break. I use disposable plastic containers that are found by the baggies in the super market. I keep my electric stove set at "LOW" after it's up to pressure. Keep the weight off until you see steam out of the vent, turn down the heat, and wait a few minutes to expel the air for proper pressure. Don't open the PC until you can open the vent (remove weight in my case), and there's no more pressure inside. I just got the thing a few days ago, but I've been reading up on them for a while, and 15 PSI is the only way to go. I also found that veggie oil on the rubber seal (circle thing) makes things go together smooooth. The seal goes on the top piece. Water level? I set mine just at the level of the tray, which is maybe an inch. That's all I have. Wait until a pro cooker replies to see how close I am to the truth.

Happiness is feeling zestfully clean.

Re: a mirro pressure cooker question ?!?!? [Re: zippythepinhead]
    #1782896 - 08/05/03 09:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What is a house hold thing i can use to put vermiculite in that i can put in a pressure cooker?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation