Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinebatheinthefountain
ॐ ॐ ॐ
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: SayWhat]
    #11174518 - 10/03/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I love it mostly because i then enjoy nature or listening to music sooo much more.
I produce music on my own with ableton and it's just so much fun jamming around :smile:

I don't really smoke weed that regularly cuz I don't have that many reliable sources, so
everytime i get high, it's stays something special for me.

Also I live in a "suburb" and really am dependent on my drivers license and I don't want to loose it...
So I'm kinda paranoid of getting pulled over (not that i drive stoned, but sometimes they just pick random people
to do a drug test...)

I love weed, but I think you shouldn't abuse it, and keep it something special :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSayWhat
Native Shaman
Male

Loc: Cerebral desolate abyss
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11174536 - 10/03/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:

taking mushrooms is only going to amplify the "over-examination" effect and make you hyper analyze everything...

I dunno man. For some reason shrooms are very good for my mind. I see the world the way I feel I ought to. I think it is the loss of ego thing. I am very accepting of everything on shrooms and it is kind of a totally different high for me.

I don't dislike smoking weed all the time. I just need to stop doing it at times that I know I am not going to enjoy it. I know when it works for me and in what amounts, I just need to stick with my rules.

Also I am going to start doing yoga again because that seemed to help me with my mental health a lot.

Quote:

Gr33nTree73 said:
to the original poster I honestly feel like you sound more like your experiencing a bit of depression and the weed just triggers it deeper when you smoke. those were the types of thoughts i'd have feel when i was depressed and i had to stop smoking during my depression cause it would just intensify it. 

just a thought

Yes I think you are right. I never associated it because weed is supposed to cause "happy thoughts."

--------------------
Look at all the happy creatures dancing  on the lawn.

Sending me free spores is welcomed and encouraged.

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11174585 - 10/03/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Nah, it just takes tolerance. When my tolerance is at the right place, weed is tremendously helpful in doing math/physics/chem/writing/whatever homework.

But when you don't have any tolerance, yeah, they don't mix well.  I hadn't smoked (except for a couple odd occasions) for many months before this term started, so when I found some good herb and started blazing, it kicked my ass. Couldn't think, pretty couchlocked...
... but not very productive.

The last few days I smoked every opportunity I could while still remaining semi-functional, and now I've got my tolerance right back where I want it, and weed is once again helpful  at learning/doing maths and sciences.

I disagree.  It may be about tolerance for you, but it's more about the individual.  When I started this semester I had high tolerance (I smoked a shit load over the summer), and I just can't focus and really absorb the material when I am stoned.  It's different for everybody, like I said, some people can do it (like you) others need to stay sober to excel in tough analytical subjects like math and physics (like me).

It's awesome that you can do it! :highfive:

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Offlinelmfsmoke
Stranger

Loc: SoCal, LA
    #11174607 - 10/03/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I enjoy it more when im alone its a huge help to pass the time and enjoy music,food and makes things more interesting, if im with others i like to mix it with alcohol so im not too quiet

--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

OfflineSayWhat
Native Shaman
Male

Loc: Cerebral desolate abyss
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: lmfsmoke]
    #11174617 - 10/03/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason, no matter how drunk I am, weed effects totally overtake any effects alcohol is having on me.

Which sucks for me because I love being drunk, way more than high.

Should be another rule, dont smoke weed if you have been drinking.

--------------------
Look at all the happy creatures dancing  on the lawn.

Sending me free spores is welcomed and encouraged.

Offlinelmfsmoke
Stranger

Loc: SoCal, LA
    #11174692 - 10/03/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You might be focusing too much on the drug, try to distract your self.

You should probably try smoking on a day that you have nothing to do
and your bored at home maybe that could help you find the grove of the experiance, maybe throw on a movie or listen to some music, cook up something real good.

--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

OfflineCuriousgeorge22
Mad Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: mommas womb
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: lmfsmoke]
    #12242834 - 03/21/10 02:56 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

even though im a chronic pothead lately weed seems like it lost its magic touch for me ever since i got busted with it

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.
Why should I?” - Bob Marley

OfflineClassicrockjunkie
Stranger
    #17826440 - 02/18/13 06:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I know this is an old thread but Im bumping because I feel the same ways lately.
I guess you could say I have a lot on my mind, both general stress of life and some issues, emotional  baggage boo boo hoo. But I guess all those things together just makes me have really shitty experiences on weed. I hope I can enjoy it again someday because it really is fun under the right set and setting. But for now it makes me utterly dysphoric, my anxiety feels like a freight train.

I remember when I started I would get so happy and relaxed.

I want to wait until at least spring break or longer. It's true weed reveals you to yourself. It's got a reputation in popular culture for being more narcotic and and forgiving that it really is. But it's a psychedelic, no two ways about it.

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Classicrockjunkie]
    #17826495 - 02/18/13 06:40 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's almost impossible for me to enjoy weed.  I use it because of the head pain, so I am never really of the frame of mind to enjoy it.  It always ends up being overdone and overused and leaving me depressed and paranoid so that I have to give it up all together for longer and longer periods.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Offlinebrokentv
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #17826990 - 02/18/13 08:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

the bizzle said:
so, do any of you guys take 9 hits of acid and 8 grams of shrooms and then go try to socialize or something else like that?

probably not, and weed is a powerful psychedelic in it's own right, but it's easy to try to force the idea that it's not when it's just like cigarettes to some people who either don't seem to experience it's power anymore, or somehow manage to never see the "spiritual" side of it

Yeah, weed really effects everyone differently. Some people can sit there and smoke forever while others take a few hits and are usually done. I do not even think it is tolerance either. Weed has ALWAYS been an "experience" for me. Obviously not every time but I feel I have hit the higher points of weed more than most people I know.

ITs weird I started out being able to smoke mad amounts of weed when I started but now 1 or 2 tokes and I'm basically tripping, sure I have no tolerance but still it gets intense.

Offlineplektheplek
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: brokentv]
    #17827019 - 02/18/13 08:23 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Nnnnaaaaahhhhhhhh it doesn't

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale