Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewingnutx

PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog)
    #1782453 - 08/05/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

PROPAGANDA WATCH [Andrew Stuttaford]

The 'Partnership for a Drug-Free America' has long been a rather repellent organization, but for sheer stupidity a full page advertisement that it is running in today's New York Times takes some beating. The advertisement is dominated by a blown-up copy of the death certificate of a young woman. The cause of death is given as "acute drug intoxication (MDMA)" . This, readers are told, should be the starting point for discussing Ecstasy "with [their] kids."

Do the prohibitionists never learn?

There are, certainly, dangers associated with Ecstasy, not least the profoundly disturbing possibility that it might be associated with Parkinson's disease, but, given its popularity and the circumstances in which it is supplied (there's no quality control for an illegal drug, after all), mortality rates appear to be very low. Now, any death as a result of drug use is a tragedy, but to suggest that parents' first discussion with their children on the topic of Ecstasy should begin with a highly unrepresentative disaster is to suggest that the Partnership for a Drug-Free America prefers crude scaremongering to reasoned discussion.

Wait a minute. What am I saying? Of course that's what they prefer. They are drug warriors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: wingnutx]
    #1782519 - 08/05/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Disinformation, and scare tactics...seems more than just the drug free america is utilising this teaching method...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1785195 - 08/06/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Ecstasy: As drugs go, it's really not that bad."

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1785200 - 08/06/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe.. that's not a bad slogan.  I think I'll print up some bumper stickers :smile:

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1785863 - 08/06/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Weve allready went through this like 4 years ago.. The Ontario Government got concerned about the rediculous amounts of people going out to raves and getting mangled on E every weekend at raves in Toronto which attracted a good 10-20 thousand kids everyweekend.. Of course one person Died from an E over dose and that made it the greatist danger any parent has ever known.. After overblowing the facts they succeeded in driving the raves underground again by prohibiting the use of federaly owned buildings.. Now it's soo hard to find a good venue and the person who's throwing the party is responible for paying security,Ambulance and Cops wages who are at the party.. People just have to try and find a venue that's privately owned so we can at least side step the security and cops fee's..

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1785872 - 08/06/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

E might not kill you, but it will make you a fucking dumbass if you do it to much. I don't do anything synthetic anymore myself.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: shakta]
    #1785880 - 08/06/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Natural isn't inherently any safer than synthetic.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1785933 - 08/06/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Natural isn't inherently any safer than synthetic.

I call bullshit on that one. Shrooms and weed are inherently safer than heroine and cocaine.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: wingnutx]
    #1786051 - 08/06/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, MDMA only really became popular in the 90s. Nobody really knows what the long term effects are/will be. Especially since the gov hasn't allowed much research into it. In 10 years time we could all start dropping like flies.

I doubt it though.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1786070 - 08/06/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Bullshit is such a harsh word. The wrong kind of mushroom can kill you, and everyone you ever cared about.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1786085 - 08/06/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cocaine and heroin are both derived from plants.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Zahid]
    #1786100 - 08/06/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Heroine and cocaine both come from plants.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Edame]
    #1786114 - 08/06/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I know this. How about processed with chemicals then instead of synthetic. Most drugs that are chemically processed are inherently more dangerous than shrooms and weed. Can we agree with that?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Zahid]
    #1786120 - 08/06/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
Bullshit is such a harsh word. The wrong kind of mushroom can kill you, and everyone you ever cared about.

I am talking about the same shrooms everyone hear eats not poisonous ones. I think that was obvious though. Sorry if the word offends you though.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1786216 - 08/06/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
I am talking about the same shrooms everyone hear eats not poisonous ones.

But poisonous mushrooms are natural too. That was the point Hitler made. While most people agree that mushrooms and pot are safer than Ecstacy, I don't think it's because natural things are inherently safer.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Cornholio]
    #1786259 - 08/06/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I will conced that. In my thinking we would be talking about active shrooms, not poisonous ones. I digress. I will tell you one thing for sure, coke, speed, and heroine will seriously fuck up your life. I luckily escaped them with minimal damage. Any of you that are toying with the idea of using these drugs that haven't before should seriously consider not doing it. Not trying to be anyones Dad, just speaking from personal experience.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1786316 - 08/06/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

From what I've read on those drugs (I can't speak from personal experience), I'd be inclined to agree with you (although I think that their illegality has a lot to do with their danger too).

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#1787537 - 08/07/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

natural: datura

synthetic: LSD

the equation kinda breaks down there doesn't it??

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1787614 - 08/07/03 06:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:
From what I've read on those drugs (I can't speak from personal experience), I'd be inclined to agree with you (although I think that their illegality has a lot to do with their danger too).

I agree. That is why I have reservations about making them legal.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: PROPAGANDA WATCH (snippet from NRO blog) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1788117 - 08/07/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Natural" is neither good or bad. This goes for both ingestables and human behavior.

That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag