Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag
    #17766650 - 02/08/13 10:42 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:shrug:Well, There’s no point informing the mods because I am not suicidal but eager to know and curious about its success rate. If someone got extremely drunk, popped at least 10 sleeping pills and some painkillers before putting a plastic bag over their head…how effective would it be and what is its success rate?

I am really curious to know cause I’ve a slight obsession with suicide and attempted suicide. I’m just wondering whether you’ll be in a deep sleep and too sedated to even lift the plastic bag unconsciously off your head or would you just suffocate peacefully and die. Of course, no death is peaceful but I hope you know what I mean. Also I am not trying to do this...I'm only curious to know so everything is alright...I've read a few articles about how people killed themselves by putting a bag over their head before going to sleep and most of them had popped some form of sleeping pills or sedatives and some had a descent amount of alcohol in their blood. Some of the lucky ones managed to acquire helium or some other form of gas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17766768 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

These parameters are vague but I tried something similar to that not too long ago and it didn't work.

I wrapped a plastic bag over my head after taking some stuff and alcohol and taped it with that ducktape. I must have unconsciously teared the bag cause it was ripped when I was found lying in the living room.

IMO a plastic bag is unnecessary if the suicide is well planned (unlike my dodgy attempt).

Anti-emetics and nembutal overdose is one way to do it.

With all my mental issues and police monitoring my every move and losing my job and all that other shite I'm happy I didn't die. I feel pretty ridiculous thinking I tried it but something in my brain isn't releasing enough of something else so its a health issue before anything else.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: mellowparty]
    #17766795 - 02/08/13 11:11 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm so glad that you're alive though. You must live a long and happy life Mellowparty...promise me that you will cause it'll be a great shame if you died. Anyway back to the topic, if you wrapped a number of plastic bags (like says at least three or five) over your head then the success rate would increase by 2 or so. It's worth a try :shrug:. The cocktail of drugs shall be 10 sleeping pills, a high vol of alcohol, painkillers and a good amount of sedatives to calm you down

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17766969 - 02/08/13 11:39 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

What sort of sleeping pills and pain killers? Are we talking zopiclone and codeine or vicodin and klonopin etc?

As for the number of bags I think you increase the chance of success but your brain will make every effort to lift your arms and tear those bags apart.

Personally I wouldn't use a bag again but rather a carefully selected plateau of synergistical pharmacological agents.

Thanks for the heads up btw. I never realized how distorted my view of reality is. Somehow I consistently manage to piece up together randomly occurring events in a paranoid anxiety-inducing conspiracy plot against me.

Also in my opinion if anyone ever decides to commit suicide they should research methods that won't result in brain/body damage in the case of an unsuccessful attempt. For example don't slit your wrist and don't take 10 grams paracetamol. Even if you want to die its not worth the misery that would ensue.

--------------------

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: mellowparty]
    #17800773 - 02/14/13 12:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Holy fuck I entered hyperspace and remember when I tried to kill myself. The machine elves slapped me :foreheadslap:

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#17800803 - 02/14/13 12:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Zopiclone, 6 cans of beer, a bottle of vodka, sedatives and some opoids. That's almost certain death by respaitory depression

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #17801552 - 02/14/13 03:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

this is what i was considering minus the bag. getting anti-emetics (i think my spare zyprexa is effective at that) drinking a litre of vodka relatively quickly and popping at least 50mg lorazepam AND 50mg etizolam with zopiclone i have lying around. all i wanted was some opiate but no accesss to them atm.
it's pretty hard to get access to barbiturates, no?

if i was gonna use a bag, i'd have to have one of those extra strength ones, the ones that arent flimsy plastic.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Edited by daz01 (02/14/13 03:16 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: daz01]
    #17801657 - 02/14/13 03:37 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
this is what i was considering minus the bag. getting anti-emetics (i think my spare zyprexa is effective at that) drinking a litre of vodka relatively quickly and popping at least 50mg lorazepam AND 50mg etizolam with zopiclone i have lying around. all i wanted was some opiate but no accesss to them atm.
it's pretty hard to get access to barbiturates, no?

if i was gonna use a bag, i'd have to have one of those extra strength ones, the ones that arent flimsy plastic.

I hope you find peace, my dear friend. Anyway I'm trying to use several bags to increase my chances of succeeding :thumbup:. It sounds like you have a good plan but please seek help immediately. Getting access to barbiturates is extremely rare unless you have some kind of serious illness that prevents you from sleeping :shrug:

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #17815009 - 02/16/13 07:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think the plastic bag + drugs method is nearly as effective as you'd think.  I think the only real options are:

1)Gunblast to the head
2)Hanging(I wouldn't choose this method personally)
3)Exit bag(Helium, nitrogen, argon)
4)Carbon monoxide
5)Jumping off building
6)Running headfirst into train
7)Drugs(Nembutal, Seconal, Dilaudid, Morphine)
8)Poisons(Cyanide, Hydrogen Sulfide)

I'm pretty well versed in suicide methods.  Pathetic eh?

--------------------

OfflineEDM
Stranger

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #17815422 - 02/16/13 08:28 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think so. When I bring up the subject or at least further the idea of suicide, euthanasia, and death in general, I get some looks...

It is an interesting subject to me. Maybe I have thought about doing it myself, maybe I just wonder about the people who attempt or commit such an act, I do not know.

--------------------
Yahweh is lying to you... I will show you the way. Trust me.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: EDM]
    #17819893 - 02/17/13 03:15 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's ten years since my brother killed himself and I still breakdown and cry about him. He was just a kid, 23 years old. The fallout of suicide is absolutely terrible. I suffer incredible PTSD, I wake up in the middle of the night thinking I'm in the situation again when he died in my arms, I still can't watch certain things on TV, my family is ruined, one member had a mental breakdown and is still in a psychiatric facility. The friend of his who was present just killed himself last year after having a psychotic break. He tried to kill his wife and two children.

Please think of everyone else before you proceed, please.

His suicide ruined over 15 lives.

Anonymous #1

Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: Adden]
    #17824049 - 02/18/13 10:49 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
It's ten years since my brother killed himself and I still breakdown and cry about him. He was just a kid, 23 years old. The fallout of suicide is absolutely terrible. I suffer incredible PTSD, I wake up in the middle of the night thinking I'm in the situation again when he died in my arms, I still can't watch certain things on TV, my family is ruined, one member had a mental breakdown and is still in a psychiatric facility. The friend of his who was present just killed himself last year after having a psychotic break. He tried to kill his wife and two children.

Please think of everyone else before you proceed, please.

His suicide ruined over 15 lives.

I'm so sorry to hear that, you have my condolences. If you don't mind me asking, why did your brother commit suicide? You don't have to answer my question if you find it too hard to speak about it but I am really curious to know why he did it and how :sad:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: A question about suicide!? Sleeping pills, painkillers and a plastic bag [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #17824245 - 02/18/13 11:45 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I am sorry that people suffer because their loved ones kill themselves on one hand, but on the other I really feel for the person who HAS killed themselves yet again to be made to feel SO guilty (their memory) because those left insinuate that losing them has caused them terrible distress!

I mean shit, what is a person who is desperate to do. I saw this video yesterday about a nine year old child who killed themselves, his first name Montana (beautiful name). And it was this whole community which were lettying balloons go into the sky and they were calling out his name. I thought it was sweet BUT...

Where are all these people and their care when the person is ALIVE? I am not saying those here weren't there for their loved ones who did it--I dont know. But it just seems that often people who just seek escape from unbearable pain always get blamed IF they are alive or IF they are dead. Take responsibility fo your OWN life and stop blaming others. If someone wants out respect their act and dont blame your empty life on them. That is not love.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order