Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
I cased two BRF cakes yesterday. I had to patch case..
    #1781173 - 08/05/03 11:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday morning,(8/4/03), I cased two BRF cakes of Koh Samui T3 with vermiculite. 3/4 inch of verm on bottom, 3/4 inch layer of crumbled BRF cakes and 1/2 inch of verm on top. Well, this morning,(8/5/03), I checked them and holy shit, I had to patch case 5 spots already. Is this faster than normal? Also, I put just a thin layer of verm on the patch spots, enough to just cover the visible myc. Is that enough verm to patch case?

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: I cased two BRF cakes yesterday. I had to patch case.. [Re: wicish1]
    #1781185 - 08/05/03 12:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Your patch casing method is good, but I just have to tell you to be ready for some small fruits with a substrate layer that thin, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, you'll get plenty of mushies but they will be very small.

I had a casing that had a 1 inch substrate layer and all of the shrooms from it were no bigger than 3" tall with caps that were only dime sized.

I did get over four hundred mushrooms off of that casing though. (Yea I know, what kind of really anal dork is going to count that many shrooms. Me, ok, I coulndn't help it.)

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Re: I cased two BRF cakes yesterday. I had to patch case.. [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1781208 - 08/05/03 12:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
Your patch casing method is good, but I just have to tell you to be ready for some small fruits with a substrate layer that thin, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, you'll get plenty of mushies but they will be very small.

I had a casing that had a 1 inch substrate layer and all of the shrooms from it were no bigger than 3" tall with caps that were only dime sized.

I did get over four hundred mushrooms off of that casing though. (Yea I know, what kind of really anal dork is going to count that many shrooms. Me, ok, I coulndn't help it.)

What strain did you case? Do you think different strains might get bigger/smaller? I was wondering if you know what causes smaller fruits from a thinner substrate layer? What kind of substrate did you case by the way?

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

#1781226 - 08/05/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thinner substrates over a larger area provide more area exposed to light which allows for more pins. More pins sharing the same amount of nutrients should naturally produce smaller fruits.

That is my theory. It should be substantiated by a more well informed person.

I use wild prints taken from fields in south Georgia. I guess you could call it the Gulf Coast strain.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

#1781251 - 08/05/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a corn srup jar of Gulf Coast getting ready to use as we speek. The corn syrup water method works great. I used 4ml of corn syrup, 96ml of water and WOW., its working great! I used about 1/2cc of spore solution in the jar and 5 days later I have a jar full of mycelium strands floating around. Excellent Tek!! By the way, are wild mushies hard to find down that way?

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

#1781266 - 08/05/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They are all over the place. The problem is that I don't have permission to go into the fields and therefore I am at great risk of getting my head shot off or going to jail for trespassing.

--------------------

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

#1781305 - 08/05/03 12:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I hear ya!! Mushies aren't worth getting some lead in your ass or jail time!

--------------------

OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
    #1781614 - 08/05/03 02:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wicish1 almost any method you go about getting mushrooms puts you in danger of getting lead in your ass or jail time.  :lol:
-Mr.Sleep

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Re: I cased two BRF cakes yesterday. I had to patch case.. [Re: MrSleep]
    #1781660 - 08/05/03 02:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrSleep said:
wicish1 almost any method you go about getting mushrooms puts you in danger of getting lead in your ass or jail time.  :lol:
-Mr.Sleep 

LoL, how stoopid of me!! Your absolutely right MrSleep!! 

--------------------

InvisibleDanKnugget
Mysterious Traveller
Male

Loc: On a boat
    #1781880 - 08/05/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I really don't see the lead in your ass part, but the jailtime, hell yes. I have a method that won't get you either. Go get a plane over to Amsterdam, and go into a coffee shop. Get yourself a nice cup of tea, and enjoy.  :grin:

--------------------
My 3 proverbs:
1. School is for people who don't know stuff.
2. Jobs are for losers.
3. Reading is for people with nothing better to do.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: I cased two BRF cakes yesterday. I had to patch case.. [Re: DanKnugget]
    #1782008 - 08/05/03 04:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DanKnugget said:
I really don't see the lead in your ass part, but the jailtime, hell yes. I have a method that won't get you either. Go get a plane over to Amsterdam, and go into a coffee shop. Get yourself a nice cup of tea, and enjoy.  :grin: 

The lead in your ass comes from farmers that shoot first and ask questions later. :sad:

I've spent many hours driving to Holland when I lived in Germany. :grin: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation