Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestephanijo
☼ pareidolia ☾
Female

Rainbow Gathering
    #17807283 - 02/15/13 01:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So, I will more than likely be going to my first Rainbow Gathering in July and I was wondering if any of you have stories to share? My friend Bob went to a national in 1996 and that is who I am going with this summer. I can't wait to go. He usually runs a kitchen and mostly hangs out at the drum circles. Sometimes he leads them (which is so much fun).
So yea, anyone have stories? Tips? :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestephanijo
☼ pareidolia ☾
Female

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: stephanijo]
    #17807647 - 02/15/13 02:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone?

--------------------

InvisibleRedSnapper
nuerosonic
 User Gallery

Loc: Endless marshlands
    #17807998 - 02/15/13 03:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You may get more responses to your thread if it were posted in ,say, the pub or the travel and gathering forum. This forum would be more suited to discussing skills and ethics of being a part of such as the Rainbow Family. I agree with their leave no trace ethics and supporting world peace, but I highly doubt everyone that attends these gatherings are clued into these ideas anymore. Only if more fisherman would practice leave no trace on our local rivers, especially in the wintertime during steelhead season. I love checking on my dog only to find old fishing line hanging out of his mouth.

End rant..

Offlinestephanijo
☼ pareidolia ☾
Female

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: RedSnapper]
    #17808335 - 02/15/13 04:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Okay thanks! So are you saying that if I post, not to mention specific areas that the gatherings will be in? I just want stories/tips. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSheikCorp
Stranger

#17810955 - 02/15/13 11:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Did a regional around 10 years ago.  Plugged into a kitchen and helped out the whole time.  It was a good time :awesome:  Never did a National but I thought about it and have wanted to.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: SheikCorp]
    #17811536 - 02/16/13 03:05 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

come to montana!

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinestephanijo
☼ pareidolia ☾
Female

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: sui]
    #17811540 - 02/16/13 03:07 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I dont have the gas money to go to a national but I will work up to that! :smile:
It sucks that it takes so much money for something like that. :/

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #17811670 - 02/16/13 04:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you remain true and be a good person magickal things can and do happen all the time

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Hippie Born too Late
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rollin' on the River
    #17813007 - 02/16/13 12:35 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stephanijo said:
I dont have the gas money to go to a national but I will work up to that! :smile:
It sucks that it takes so much money for something like that. :/

The way I always looked at it; is that you should let stuff like that stop you. You can get around on surprisingly little. Get a bus ticket to somewhere near where they are hosting it in Montana; or start thumbing it. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if someone on this site lives in your area (or will be passing through) who is going to go; I bet if you asked real nice they would pick you up!

Offlinewire5
Hippie Born too Late
Male User Gallery

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: wire5]
    #17813014 - 02/16/13 12:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Actually if I decide to go this year I could pick you up. If you really are in KY it would only be a (relatively) short detour for me.

I'm just not sure I'm going to go; problem is I'd have to rush back (maybe even miss the last day) in order to follow through on some other plans.

Invisibletito123
Male

#17827602 - 02/18/13 09:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in kentucky but I'm not sure I'll try to get to this gathering or not.

I tried hitching to the national but got arrested so I don't wanna deal with that jive again. 

plus

the sketchy traveling folks I met who went to rainbow coupled with the bad things I've read online make me skeptical

but there are regional burns you may be interested in.  There's one in georgia, and maybe some in nc and missouri.  not too sure.

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: tito123]
    #17836692 - 02/20/13 03:34 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

what is the deal with these things?
the only thing about them that I know is my friend telling me you can score cid easy...

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Offlinewire5
Hippie Born too Late
Male User Gallery

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: Absent Minded]
    #17837029 - 02/20/13 04:34 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Its a gathering of people who come together to pray for peace, and basically live in a temporary commune.

InvisibleJoftheRocks
Dude

Loc: PNW
    #17838798 - 02/20/13 10:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I went to the National in 2006 in Colorado. Drove out from SLC with a car full of friends, and stayed for 5 days. To be honest, I have a hard time remembering most of it due to the constant flow of THC and LSD, but it was a spectacular time from what I do recall. I remember that my breakfast on the 1st morning was chocolate covered hash cherries....not too shabby! I ate the cleanest doses I've ever eaten in my life (which is a bold statement), and was able to find them multiple times. There's an old hippie named "Fast Eddie" who used to be the man with the doses. In fact, he's somewhat famous in the hippie community. The first picture that pops up when you google "hippie" is a picture of Eddie. I shit you not. I bought doses from that guy. I was told that he died about a year and a half ago....anyways, I'm off track.....

Bottom line is this: The gathering was really cool and was definitely a positive experience, but it was also really foul at times. A lot of the attendees are transients and just show up for the drugs and kind of kill the whole vibe. It's becoming sort of a "street kid haven", from what I understand. There were definitely some awkward experiences that I could've done without, but hey, that's life. I think you'll have a blast if you go.

PS-don't go looking for doses. They will find you.

Edited by JoftheRocks (02/20/13 10:01 PM)

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: JoftheRocks]
    #17840953 - 02/21/13 11:52 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoftheRocks said:
I went to the National in 2006 in Colorado. Drove out from SLC with a car full of friends, and stayed for 5 days. To be honest, I have a hard time remembering most of it due to the constant flow of THC and LSD, but it was a spectacular time from what I do recall. I remember that my breakfast on the 1st morning was chocolate covered hash cherries....not too shabby! I ate the cleanest doses I've ever eaten in my life (which is a bold statement), and was able to find them multiple times. There's an old hippie named "Fast Eddie" who used to be the man with the doses. In fact, he's somewhat famous in the hippie community. The first picture that pops up when you google "hippie" is a picture of Eddie. I shit you not. I bought doses from that guy. I was told that he died about a year and a half ago....anyways, I'm off track.....

Bottom line is this: The gathering was really cool and was definitely a positive experience, but it was also really foul at times. A lot of the attendees are transients and just show up for the drugs and kind of kill the whole vibe. It's becoming sort of a "street kid haven", from what I understand. There were definitely some awkward experiences that I could've done without, but hey, that's life. I think you'll have a blast if you go.

interesting, sounds cool.
do they have them in every state?
for some reason I always thought it was somehow affiliated with the Dead.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

InvisibleJoftheRocks
Dude

#17840980 - 02/21/13 11:57 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Absent Minded said:
Quote:

JoftheRocks said:

I'm not sure if there is an actual affiliation with the Dead, or if it just happened to be comprised of a lot of the same followers....It has been going on since 1971, I believe...so it probably WAS started by Deadheads. The National event only happens once a year (4th of July week), and it moves from state to state. There are regional meetups, too, though I've never checked out any regionals.

Edited by JoftheRocks (02/21/13 12:19 PM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #17840981 - 02/21/13 11:57 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

the nationals, the main yearly gathering is in July and takes place in a different national forest every year. This is because it takes a toll on the land to have that many people use it. Cycling through the states allows the land to recover.

After nationals is the World gathering. It takes place in a different country every year. Usually on private land provided by someone who wishes to host it.

There are regional gatherings that people host whenever they want. These vary in what they are like are usually smaller and localized by their regionalities.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Re: Rainbow Gathering [Re: JoftheRocks]
    #17841066 - 02/21/13 12:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoftheRocks said:
Quote:

Absent Minded said:
Quote:

JoftheRocks said:

I'm not sure if there is an actual affiliation with the Dead, or if it just happened to be comprised of a lot of the same followers....It has been going on since 1971, I believe...so it probably WAS started by Deadheads. The National even only happens once a year (4th of July week), and it moves from state to state. There are regional meetups, too, though I've never checked out any regionals.

cool, thanks for the info
:peace:

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

Offlinewire5
Hippie Born too Late
Male User Gallery

#17841102 - 02/21/13 12:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It wasn't started by the Dead Family. Though it might as well have been. It was started by a group of hippies who wanted to celebrate and pray for peace when one of their friends came back from Vietnam. After that all your Dead members and hitch hikers and everything started joining in.

InvisibleJoftheRocks
Dude

#17841104 - 02/21/13 12:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Absent Minded said:
Quote:

JoftheRocks said:
Quote:

Absent Minded said:
Quote:

JoftheRocks said:

I'm not sure if there is an actual affiliation with the Dead, or if it just happened to be comprised of a lot of the same followers....It has been going on since 1971, I believe...so it probably WAS started by Deadheads. The National even only happens once a year (4th of July week), and it moves from state to state. There are regional meetups, too, though I've never checked out any regionals.

cool, thanks for the info
:peace:

My pleasure!!!:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom