Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Lieberman
    #1778702 - 08/04/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If I thought he meant it, he might get a few "righties" to vote for him.

Lieberman

Lieberman: Dems Must Shun Gov't Programs
1 hour, 20 minutes ago

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Presidential candidate Joe Lieberman (news - web sites) warned Monday that his Democratic rivals threaten to send the party "into the political wilderness" with a return to big-government programs and less-than-strong stands on national security.

AP Photo

Determined to persuade Democrats that he is the only candidate capable of defeating President Bush (news - web sites), the Connecticut senator said the party must focus on strengthening America's security and economy and will, in turn, win over moderate voters.

"Some Democrats, on the contrary, still prefer the old, big government solutions to our problems," Lieberman said in a speech to the National Press Club. "But, my friends, with record deficits, a stalled economy and Social Security (news - web sites) in danger, we can't afford that."

Lieberman did not name any of his opponents but took a shot at their political stands on a range of issues.

He criticized Missouri Rep. Dick Gephardt (news - web sites)'s plan to provide health care for nearly all Americans and his opposition to trade treaties such as the North American Free Trade Agreement.

He assailed those who opposed the U.S.-led war against Iraq (news - web sites) ? former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, Sen. Bob Graham (news, bio, voting record) of Florida, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (news, bio, voting record) of Ohio former Illinois Sen. Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton.

Lieberman is positioning himself as the foil to Dean, whose campaign has taken off on his criticism of Bush's tax cuts and the conflict in Iraq. Lieberman said those positions "could really be a ticket to nowhere."

"If George Bush and his bankrupt ideology are the problem, believe me, old Democratic policies like higher taxes and weakness on defense are not the solution," Lieberman said. "We need to reclaim the vital center of American politics for the Democrats."

While Lieberman goes after the center to take votes from Bush, Dean says Democrats must take a stand against Bush's policies to win.

"Unlike some Democrats in Washington, Governor Dean believes that the way to beat George Bush is to stand up to him and to give people a reason to vote," said Dean spokeswoman Tricia Enright.

In a question-and-answer period after the speech, Lieberman said he respects Dean's opposition to the war, but, "I just plain disagree with him."

Lieberman, who ran as Al Gore (news - web sites)'s running mate in 2000, was also asked if he would choose Gore as his vice presidential nominee.

"I would guess that being vice president is something one does once in a lifetime, so I don't think that's in the cards.

Lieberman had promised not to run for president this year if Gore was in the race. He also he doesn't expect Gore to change his mind and get in now, but won't drop out if he does.

"I've crossed a bridge," he said. "I'm in this for the duration."

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Lieberman [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1778737 - 08/04/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If Lieberman comes out of this I will vote for him. I like the job Bush has done for the most part, but I disagree with his position on gay marriage, and other 'religious' type issues. I think Lieberman would do a good job continuing the war on terror, and I agree with him for the most part on many other issues. If Dean wins, the Dems are done, if Liberman wins I think they may have another Clinton type candidate. That is someone the masses can relate to. The radical leftist stance the rest of the Dems are taking is going to be to much for the majority to stomache.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Lieberman [Re: shakta]
    #1778744 - 08/04/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Bah.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Lieberman [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1778760 - 08/04/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GernBlanston said:
Bah.

It's true and you know it! Most of the country is not comprised of 'progressive' liberals such as yourself. Most 'liberals' are a lot more moderate than the people found on this board.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1778777 - 08/04/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Theres one main reason a bealive lieberman cannot win and that is that in some if not many parts of America he is still refered to as "jew jewberman". And i think hes a dumbass for accusing movies and games of turning kids in criminals. I grew up on sex, drugs, and violence and im a good person. Arn't I?

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #1778788 - 08/04/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Liberals may have convinced themselves that Lieberman is different from the rest of the Dem hopefulls, but the rest of the country views him as just another cookie cutter bleeding heart who is still stuck in the 70's. He is just as irrelevant as the rest of them. The Democratic party is setting itself up to loose at least 6 US Senate seats and who knows how many US House seats and state level seats in the upcomming presidential landslide. They just can't keep from slashing thier own wrists for some reason.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Lieberman [Re: superpimp]
    #1778820 - 08/04/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, that's why I said if he meant it.

I don't believe he does. I think Presidents and congress should be, and will remain for the foreseeable future, in Republican control.

I'd rather see a Libertarian, but it ain't gonna happen for some years to come.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

#1778839 - 08/04/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'd rather see a Libertarian, but it ain't gonna happen for some years to come.

I'd like to play 3rd base for the Phillies.

You know what your dream and my dream have in common? Neither one of them is ever going to happen. Not unless the Democratic party keeps throwing itself down a well and collapses all together. Then perhaps the Libertarian party might be able to pick up the pieces and take over from them the way the Republican party replaced the outdated and out of touch Wig party in the 1860 election.

Anonymous

#1778846 - 08/04/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

lieberman is the most air-headed politician i have EVER seen

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1778853 - 08/04/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My REAL dream is to find out that I'm the illegitimate son of Bill gates and he wants to give me half his money to make up for the lost time.

Of course since he was 2 at the time of my birth, I think a Libertarian president will happen before that.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1779239 - 08/04/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would be stupid of Lieberman to say this if he didn't mean it. This isn't going to win him votes in the primaries. During a primary, a candidate must try to appeal to their constituencies. For Republicans, this means they have to sound more conservative, and for Democrats, it means they have to sound more liberal. Then, during the election itself, they have to switch gears and appeal to the swing voters by sounding more moderate. Lieberman seems to be skipping the first step and going right to the second, which may make him appeal to the moderates, but not the liberals who will be voting in the primaries.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Lieberman [Re: silversoul7]
    #1779285 - 08/04/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I really hate to say this, and in no way do I endorse it, but Liebermen is way too Jewish to win the white house.

Anonymous

Re: Lieberman [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1779332 - 08/04/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

imo he's just WAY too airheaded to ever stand a shot at impressing anyone with any shred of actuality

Anonymous

Re: Lieberman [Re: ]
    #1779334 - 08/04/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

admittedly, he lies well

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1779718 - 08/04/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

lieberman just seems corrupt to me. even more so than bushy.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Anonymous

#1779750 - 08/04/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
I really hate to say this, and in no way do I endorse it, but Liebermen is way too Jewish to win the white house.

Bingo! Johnny, tell the winner what he's won!

The United States of America is not going to elect a Jewish President if it were Jesus Christ himself. It isn't going to elect a black President either, or a Native American President, or a Fucking Female President either!

We barely elected a Roman Catholic President and there is still some argument about that.

It isn't correct and it is prejudicial and bigoted but that is the way it is folks.

We should get over it now.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1780084 - 08/04/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dont understand why you would want the war on terrorism.

Its like the war on drugs, we have no real enemy, its wasting valuable time and money.

Of course we should have increased security and whatever, but, we instead of going over to every country thinking that they are going to get us first. It just seems more logical to me to just try to make peace with countries. Maybe electing a president which isin't so against the war on terrorism would help?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1780120 - 08/04/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Some Democrats, on the contrary, still prefer the old, big government solutions to our problems," Lieberman said in a speech to the National Press Club. "But, my friends, with record deficits, a stalled economy and Social Security (news - web sites) in danger, we can't afford that."

Strange. He claims the "old" methods don't work...yet the "new" methods have led to the record deficits and the stalled economy.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Lieberman [Re: angryshroom]
    #1780428 - 08/05/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The war on terrorism is another war on liberties. They're trying to keep people in a state of fear and paranoia. I wonder how long they've been planning the war on terrorism. Was it before 911? I've never in my life heard so much about terrorism and terrorists on a daily basis by the media. Does anyone else see right through this whole bullshit thing called the war on terrorism? Terrorism was never a big issue but out of the blue it's a big priority now. When it was orange alert and they said tape up the windows, I was laughing. But I just realized that there are probably people out there that were probably afraid and they probably taped up with windows, while huddling in the basement waiting to get blown up! Who really gains from the war on terrorism? Who really gains from the war on drugs? That's right, the government and other agencies.

And it's not going away. Has the war on drugs been won yet? No. Precisely what they want. Another perpetually fake war. It also creates more division throughout the nation. Are you pro or anti-war on terrorism? How can any respectful person say at this point, I'm against the war on terrorism. Most Americans think in black and white and they'll see this person as someone who either supports terrorism or isn't man enough to take action.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: Lieberman [Re: ]
    #1780451 - 08/05/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus. Now I know why I always stayed away from the political forum. Dim witted stoner shitheads talking like dim witted stoner shitheads.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder