Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
astal projection problem
    #1776238 - 08/03/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok. I am trying out this astral projection thing. Last week I was very stoned and got the vibesss but that was all because I lost focus. I attained my focus to begin with by focusing on my beating heart. It worked well but now I can't seem to get back to that same level as before. Whenever I try to focus my mind on something, it just doesn't work. I tried counting down from 100, tried focusing on my heart, but to no avail. I just end up falling asleep.

any suggestions?

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: astal projection problem [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1776313 - 08/03/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

focus on your breathing. try and lay on your back.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1776784 - 08/03/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Don't try so hard..let it flow... concentrate on your breathing
If you have a problem falling asleep, elevate your head a little with an extra pillow or something..this seems to have the benefit of keeping the mind awake longer, while allowing the body to drift asleep.

Don't focus on it so hard.. it's like you are watching the black screen waiting for a movie to start.. no expectations..just watching..waiting.. when it comes, just let it do it's thing.. go with the flow.

--------------------

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: astal projection problem [Re: Shroomism]
    #1776912 - 08/03/03 10:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thanks shroomism. that seems to be what a lot of the websites are saying. i guess i am just a little impatient being that I am skeptical about the entire process. i want to prove myself wrong by jumping ahead.

i will take your advice and see where this goes....

thanks...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1776929 - 08/03/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Don't expect anything. It may come naturally.. it may take lots of practice. Whatever the case may be, you have to start at the beginning. Don't put any expectations of what might happen in your head, that will just clutter you when its actually time to let it happen. Astral projection, for me, is a process. It starts by deep breathing and relaxation.. becoming aware of your physical body and relaxing it.. just kind of floating there between conscious and sleep.. until the vibrations come.. then I just let them take me over. Don't try to force it or put too much will into it or they will just dissipate.

Relax, and don't think too hard. Let it flow...remember..astral projection is a natural process.. you just have to remember how its progresses.

--------------------

OfflineSilentSheep
Stranger
Re: astal projection problem [Re: Shroomism]
    #1777100 - 08/03/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

there are realms of the human conscisnes which we are not made awair of, that are the memory banks of exsistance. I'm primarily discribing the unconscious relms. The the astral realms seem to key into the unconsious mind, and to "drift" is to allow fusion between these worls. obsearve the way your mind will drift into different states of consciousness, if posible, and try to take note on how each of these level effect your being. As shroomism stated, dont expect anything because there is no telling where the astral body could end up. The relms in which you encounter are determained by your own level of involvment- so don't think you can't project!

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1777141 - 08/03/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cultivate your awareness. Control it so that you can remain aware 24/7. Or at least during that part of the sleep. I had that happen last nite. I entered a wierd consciousness pretty close to when I went to bed. Perviously that day I had a period of extreme awareness.

You also need to use the regular ways you've probably read on those sites. All I really have to say is to control your awareness. Good luck!  :tongue2: 

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: astal projection problem [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1777164 - 08/04/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have the oposite problem over the last week i seem to not be able to go to sleep i just astral project naturaly.well i dont know like i could see objects in my room while i have my eyes closed and on my bed i can see shroomery threads but when i read them some are all normal some of them dont make sense and the words change on me. also i find my self upstairs watching tv when im downstairs sleeping on the couch.

so is this astral projection? also every time i try to control them i wake up.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: astal projection problem [Re: buckwheat]
    #1777191 - 08/04/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

my favorite is when you go to sleep and "wake up" in a dream staring down at your sleeping body. you open the door to your room, and it leads to a sprawling jungle of potential where you are truly free...

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
    #1777828 - 08/04/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Last night i successfully got the feelings of vibrations for the first time (been dabbling for awhile). Anyway, as this was occurring I got an intense fear. I tried telling myself that this fear happens sometimes but to keep going further with the vibrations. Eventually I chickened out and snapped out of it.

Anyone else have the obstacle of fear the first time and if you did what did u do to overcome it? Ill try to do it in the daytime next time to see if that changes anything. thanks.
peace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: astal projection problem [Re: SoulTech]
    #1778440 - 08/04/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The only way to overcome fear is by facing it, head-on..without fear. Center yourself in love, and try again. Just keep trying.

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: astal projection problem [Re: SoulTech]
    #1779073 - 08/04/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SoulTech said:
Last night i successfully got the feelings of vibrations for the first time (been dabbling for awhile). Anyway, as this was occurring I got an intense fear. I tried telling myself that this fear happens sometimes but to keep going further with the vibrations. Eventually I chickened out and snapped out of it.

Anyone else have the obstacle of fear the first time and if you did what did u do to overcome it? Ill try to do it in the daytime next time to see if that changes anything. thanks.
peace

ive been getting the same fear when trying to sleep. it sounds just you described it an overwelming fear that makes you come back. only im not trying to do this so its not letting me go to sleep. i have to wait till i pass out.

what exactly is astral projection it seems i could be able to do it since its happening to me without trying

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
    #1779090 - 08/04/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

once you get past the fear it wont be a problem again. speaking from personal experience here.

i can remember 4 times i could make my astral body rise about 4ft from my earthly body but the fear would snap me back in. when it happens now, i just let go.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
    #1779386 - 08/04/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest reading Robert Monroe's "Journey's Out of the Body". Monroe described an experience where he would unintentionally get unprovoked waves of vibrations before falling to sleep. Eventually he rides out the vibrations and projects his astral body. Another good book on the subject is "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. Check them out sometime.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1780415 - 08/05/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The "problem" with astral projection is the same as that of alchemy and telekinesis and walking through walls. Practice all you want with the most intense discipline and effort; however if something is inherently impossible, you will never quite "get there".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: astal projection problem [Re: Swami]
    #1780453 - 08/05/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ive been reading more about astral projection and now i know why im scared to break through.i like remote viewing better for now atleast and it is what i have been experiencing ie reading computer screens. im gonna try opening a thread but not reading it and then try reading it with remote viewing.then read it when i come back to see if its real or not.

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
    #1780654 - 08/05/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The "problem" with astral projection is the same as that of alchemy and telekinesis and walking through walls. Practice all you want with the most intense discipline and effort; however if something is inherently impossible, you will never quite "get there".

well not really swami, because with practice its pretty easily attainable, like lucid dreams.
i'm not saying astral projection is actually my astral body leaving my earthly body, it may just be one big fat hallucination. but it does work and many people experience it, willingly or unwillingly.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: astal projection problem [Re: mikey_]
    #1781379 - 08/05/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i'm not saying astral projection is actually my astral body leaving my earthly body

That is EXACTLY the claim that I am denying. Do I deny that there are other mental states beyond waking and sleeping? No.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags