Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida
    #1777850 - 08/04/03 10:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hello Shroomers,

Last week i took a trip across the state and on the way home we took backroads; and the road went along the northern entrance of the great Big Cypress Indian Reservation...

Right when i saw the sign for the reservation i noticed a few cows out there grazing along their shroomy pastures and then moments later came the stench...for about a five minute stretch of road the air smelled of death and stink.  My first assumption was that maybe the indians make beef or beef jerky and i figured maybe just decomposing cow corpses; the smell along the road soon subsided and when we came across the first small gas station and touristy place i decided it was a good time to stop and ask the locals what the smell was.

So we sparked up some conversation with a local man and when i asked him he paused for a few seconds before telling me the story (of which i still do not completely understand);

He said that they spray down the fields with human shit!

I was just like  ":shocked: no way..."

He said that normally you would never smell it, but sometimes during the summers on real hot days the shit goes stinky!

Now, i figured that the human shit was treated somehow, at least that is how he described it...

Any more info on this topic would be mushroom appreciated.

Thank you

And keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1777949 - 08/04/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1778083 - 08/04/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

He was white. And his wife was black. Neither were indian.

Throughout the country of China i observed human shit including used tampons and toilet paper planted in their vegetables and scattered throughout the water buffalo fields...

Maybe mjshroomer will know about this...

There is one thing i cannot stand and that is a lier. These people were both artists and they owned a small ceramic statue botique next door to the gas station and we spent $20 in their store and i have their business card...

They knew i was from sarasota and this town is the artist capital and circus capital of the state...if these people were lieing to me i would take the 3 hour drive back to the place just to let them know that i did not appreciate being lied to; i have big respect for Big Cypress and i would go back to the reservation to tell them about this. I have stayed on the property before during the NYE 2000 phish show; they know to be polite to the phish hippies if they want us to come back...

Keep shroomin,
GG

Anonymous

#1778103 - 08/04/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: ]
    #1778137 - 08/04/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

He was saying that the waste was first treated with chemicals and then dried...sprayed onto the field during the winter and the cattle are not let onto the sprayed field until the summer-time...well this is certainly confusing...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1778465 - 08/04/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to go alittle off topic, but, you went to that show at big cypress? I downloaded and it was the most amazing phish show I have ever heard. Damm your lucky, how was it live? I can only imagine.

Anyway, why would they use human waste? Would it be to enrich the land? Or to keep people off the pasture?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

#1778496 - 08/04/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: gdman]
    #1778504 - 08/04/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It was the greatest concert ever hosted. Ever.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1778545 - 08/04/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

They don't use human waste for fertilizer in the US, because of the concentrations of heavy metals we tend to shit out.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Anonymous

Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: Sev]
    #1779183 - 08/04/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Milorganite is treated sewage.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1779246 - 08/04/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, that was what they said, Milorganite...what is that shit!?!?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1779517 - 08/04/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, Milorganite is treated human sewage.

I have a friend whose family would use it on their lawn. One of the side effects was that they would have little tomato plants sprouting all over their lawn all summer. I guess those tomato seeds are pretty tough.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Anonymous

Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1779608 - 08/04/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1779631 - 08/04/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

They don't use human waste for fertilizer in the US, because of the concentrations of heavy metals we tend to shit out.

from what i hearing, they use it around my area of california experimentaly.

i would think, due to the nature of heavy metals, they would not be hard to prosess out.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

deleted [Re: canid]
    #1780179 - 08/05/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

deleted

OfflineHorseman
Old Timer
Loc: Houston, Texas
    #1780259 - 08/05/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

They do the same thing in Texas. Last week I was at my buddies 2000 acre ranch and when we went to the river I smelled this awful smell...he explained that they ship in human excrements from Houston and spread all over the pastures. The fileds were very green and healthy...I was so overwhelmed by the stench that I didnt get into why they did this...I guess to promote greener fields...I did find a shitload of shrooms out there...they werent cubes, but from a post I replied to a week or so ago apparently they were Pan Cyans...I am going back in a week or so and going to harvets some of them and take some prints and pics for ID.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: Horseman]
    #1780913 - 08/05/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You know, guys, they *do* treat this stuff. It's really no nastier than any other kind of manure you could put on your lawn or garden.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: The North Entrance to Big Cypress Florida [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1781222 - 08/05/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's all true GG. They use human doo-doo (not to be confused with doo, who is a human, but whose wife sometimes calls him a worthless piece of shit ) :wink:.
We have it sprayed on our soybean fields. It's free. It supposedly adds nutrients to the soil. I know the beans turn green as hell after they're sprayed. I think we're gonna stop having it done though, because, as mentioned earlier, if the temp and conditions are right, it stinks like hell. And since they're so willing to give it away for free, I'm wondering if it's really as safe as they say. I've heard reports of heavy metal build-up in the soil.
We also get mushroom compost spread on the fields occasionally. It helps the soil structure, but that shit can smell bad sometimes also.

doo

BTW, I sure would like to send a Thai cube print to a certain someone, but I don't know where to send it......... :wink:........ :grin: 

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order