Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineklopshroom
Stranger
too much water?
    #1777813 - 08/04/03 11:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ok i have one brf jar and its been a month now since i started it. its only half way done. there is alot of water on the sides and on the cake yet it still is growing very slow i know that 75F is not the best but it should be done? the type is malabar. and i didn't add any water or shake it. can i please get some help

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: too much water? [Re: klopshroom]
    #1777833 - 08/04/03 11:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23290
Quote:

Is condensation inside the incubating jars harmful?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To some extent water vapor condensing to small drops inside the jar is normal. As long as the condensation isn't so strong that the water begins to accumulate at the bottom of the jar, there's nothing to worry.
If you experience excessive condensation, the incubation temperature might be to high, also try to use a tad less water with the recipe.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23280
Quote:

How come my jars started growing mycelia, but for some reason have stopped?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mycelia can stop or slow to a halt for various reasons. Some can include: drying of the substrate, an overly wet substrate, internal temperatures in and out of the recommended ranges, substrate that may have been "cooked" by direct heat during the sterilization process, etc. Generally, the bottoms of jars colonize much more slowly than the tops. So if you have slowed growth around the bottom/bottom sides of the jar, an easy method to help kick -start the mycelia is to "flip" jars. Simply place them on their lids, resting on the dry vermiculite layer. This should act as a vacuum, forcing CO2out and fresh O2in the jar (as CO2can build up in jars). The cake will slide down, forcing air out and, by the laws of physics, drawing it back in as well. (Can't have a negative space of air, the jar itself is not sealed). Other factors that are not so easily "cured" are the ones listed prior. Generally, you cannot add materials to colonizing substrate without risking contamination by opening the jar/breaching the vermiculite layer. Avoid these possibilities by mixing your substrate as evenly as possible (to avoid over -/under - water content), keeping the jars incubating in a not too dry environment, keeping the jars stored in a warm area (not hot, not cold), and also making sure water does NOT splash on your jars if you elect to boil to sterilize. Water splashing into the jars can make them too wet for the mycelia to colonize.

damn The Shroomery FAQ knows everything  :tongue: 

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

Offlineklopshroom
Stranger
Re: too much water? [Re: GestaltAssault]
    #1777844 - 08/04/03 12:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thank u, hmmmmm... i looked through the faq but i didnt see that thanks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation