Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Swelling
    #1777032 - 08/04/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

On my past few trips my friends an I decided to take nature hikes. We go at a slow pace and stop often. Usually we hike from 4 to 6 mile in about 4 or 5 hours. By the time we get back we find that our hands, arms, legs and lips are really swollen. I'm not just talking about a little bit, I'm talking so swollen it looks like I broke my hand. The first few times I just ignored it and continued to enjoy my trip. On my last hike, I couldn't shake the thought that I was having an allergic reaction to either the shrooms or something else I came in contact with in the forest. I started to panic and was seriously considering having my friends take me to the ER. My friends tried to calm me down but it was no use, I had it set in my mind that if I didn't go to the ER soon my throat would swell up and I would die. Anyhow, luckily I had a few xanax stashed away in my backpack just incase such an incident occured. The xanax worked like a charm and within 15 minutes I was calm and was able to enjoy the conclusion of my trip.

I was just curious, does swelling like this happen to anyone else? Do you think it could be something I'm allergic to? I'm kind of thinking it's just a side affect of the shrooms since the swelling isn't just limited to me. The only theory I have is, because we walk so much and we keep our hands down and to our side, all the blood rushes to our hands and makes them swell up.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Swelling [Re: djd586]
    #1778520 - 08/04/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so ur sure they were swollen they didnt jus look swollen while u were trippin huh?

thats wierd cuz swelling occurs when ur body is trying to repair something and it has to make room for the blood flow too. im not really sure about ur situation but ill b thinkin about it.

are u a relativly active person? i take it u can handle these hikes huh?

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: Swelling [Re: djd586]
    #1779473 - 08/04/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms raise blood pressure and can cause swelling, to different degrees. Since you were exercising it probably made it worse.

I cracked my lip when tripping once and it swelled a lot. More than it ever would if I was sober.

Unless you already have a heart / blood pressure condition, you shouldn't have a problem. It's like taking the plane, hands and feet swell because blood pressure rises.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Swelling [Re: Meph]
    #1780323 - 08/05/03 03:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah, they were swollen for sure... like it was hard to close my hands because they were so full of blood.

I am a very active person and am in good shape. Just kind of a freaky experience while you're tripping, you know. I was thinking that maybe this particular batch of shrooms has some kind of mold or bacterial contamination that doesn't exactly agree with my friends or myself. I can't remember any swelling in any other previous trips, only the past few while I was hiking.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience