Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
The Practice of Qigong
    #1776800 - 08/03/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

First off, I put this in the forum for two reasons.

Well, the honest reason is that I care more of what people viewing this forum, people with an interest in THIS forum, have to say or question about qigong.

The reason that will keep this thread here however, :smile: is that QiGong itself, although designed for the healing of the body, is spiritual in nature. How could a natural method of healing which involves will power, strength, and dedication not be spiritual. That itself is one of the most spiritual acts you can do! (One that involves dedication, sacrifice, willpower, inner strength).

Moving on...

Does anyone here practice QiGong? I have several times, but it was not until I was constantly corrected, and did 2 poses for 30 minutes each that I "broke though".

Being completely honest and leaving out all exeggeration, my feet literally felt like they were on fire, and I was in a small puddle of water (sweat) at the end of the 30 minutes. My whole body was covered in sweat, and I was extremely hot. The points in my body that needed healing where extremely SORE (this is because it forces your body to correct itself, IE forced physical healing)

What do you guys think of qigong. I think it is a complete system of maintenance for the physical body, and can help in extreme amounts. THe problem is it takes so much discipline to correctly do Qigong, more so than anything else I know of (this includes much, too).

opinions, questions, comments?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1776849 - 08/03/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I practice Qi-Gong.. it is intense. I don't think I've even come close to completely understanding it.. but used properly, it is the premium for balancing internal energy.. energizing the physical body.. charging and releasing chi.. it is indeed a complete system. I am by no means the master of Qi-gong...so I feel hardly qualified to even talk about it.. but from what I have experienced from it thus far, it is THE system. Build the body, mind, and spirit together, that is the premise. It's all about balance.

Lately I have been getting *very* into chinese medicine and such. I have been studying accupressure mostly, alongside of my chin na/jui jitsu/dim mak/jeet kune do/gong fu training.. and studying herbs.. my friend is heavy in the Qi-Gong.. I just do the little qi-gong exercises before I train, but the benefits are simply amazing. You can definately feel the results. General health and well-being, as well as a more intense focus and endurance.. the list goes on. I haven't even uncovered all of it's benefits yet..but I do know that they are quite vast and all-encompassing.

It cleanses, it purges, it harmonizes the chi, and that's just the beginning..

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Shroomism]
    #1776858 - 08/03/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have only scratched the surface. I also practice Jeet Kun Do as well as Kempo and Muai Tai. I have used basic Qiqong exercises before training (specifically to warm up body parts in which I have arthritis) to great effect.

It is, as y'all pointed out, and exceptionally complex art that ties in the physical and the engergetic energies (??) of the body in a way that nothing else ever has for me... I do feel that to truly understand it, I would require a teacher - something I haven't treated myself to as yet.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1776899 - 08/03/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

so is this like asian yoga?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Malachi]
    #1776910 - 08/03/03 10:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No, it's Qi-Gong. Similar to yoga in some respects... though not identical at all.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1776916 - 08/03/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

asian yoga?! lol. I hope you're joking.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1776930 - 08/03/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well, technically Yoga could be classified as being from the "indian sub-continent".

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1777016 - 08/03/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1777305 - 08/04/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:

asian yoga?! lol. I hope you're joking.

yeah, I realize that yoga is technically also "asian" since india is in asia.... thanks for going out of your way to point it out in a scoff scoff type manner...

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1777314 - 08/04/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe it was in reference to a redundancy or maybe it was in reference to the connotation behind the term "asian".  Most people from India call themselves either Indians or South Asians.  But that's just been my experience.

Scoff... what a great word.  Concise, clear, and chockful of happy consonants! :wink:

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Sclorch]
    #1777410 - 08/04/03 02:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Scoff... what a great word. Concise, clear, and chockful of happy consonants!

What about "skanky"?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1777475 - 08/04/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I love qiqong. It never ceases amaze me how much heat and sweat you can generate standing still and breathing deeply! More dedication and time needed on my part though. Just scratching the surface at the moment but I have a great teacher which helps to keep me motivated.

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: GazzBut]
    #1777557 - 08/04/03 06:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know anything about qigong, but is it fair to say it is a type of yoga, since yoga means union and there are many types of yoga.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1777602 - 08/04/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I suppose so. Although I see it as a Daoist art. Yoga tends to relate to Indian spiritual practices.

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1777710 - 08/04/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would not say it is yoga at all.

You can call it body healing, or call it exercise, or call it chinese art of healing......or perphaps a form of physically healing meditation. It is a form of meditation afterall, because you are supposed to either 1) use all of your mental willpower to focus on the in and out of your breath , or 2) focus your energy on a specific part of body that needs healing

of course thats how I practice anyway, there are different forms, poses, purposes, and types of QiGong

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1777735 - 08/04/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

People also use yoga for body healing etc..So you could call qiqong a form of yoga, if you so desired. Yoga also tries to harness internal energy as does qiqong. Howeverm Yoga normally involves rasing the energy to the crownpoint whereas qiqong tries to make the energy circulate and collect in the dantien (the point behind your navel)

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1777864 - 08/04/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone know of any good books or resources to learn about qigong?

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Sclorch]
    #1778105 - 08/04/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Maybe it was in reference to a redundancy or maybe it was in reference to the connotation behind the term "asian".  Most people from India call themselves either Indians or South Asians.  But that's just been my experience.

Scoff... what a great word.  Concise, clear, and chockful of happy consonants! :wink: 

south asians?  I've never heard of that... the people from india I know usually use "east indian" cause there is a native population where I live.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: chunder]
    #1778112 - 08/04/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no, qi gong is not yoga. Not at all. Just because they work towards the same goal (health) doesn't mean they are the same thing. If you don't know what qi gong is, then please don't understand it as "daoist yoga" or something, cause it's misleading.

Chunder: The way of Energy by Lam Kam Chuen is the only descent book on qi gong I've ever seen. You could check it out, but it would be very useful to have a teacher helping you out, cause although it has all the keys to correct posture and everything in it, it's hard to know if you're actually holding the correct posture. The book has standing qi gong, which is excellent stuff, and then it has the 8 pieces of brocade which is a good simple set.

Qi gong is good stuff. It teaches you to relax, shut up, and listen to your body.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: The Practice of Qigong [Re: Dogomush]
    #1778121 - 08/04/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

so what does gigong actually consist of? this talk of energy raising and whatnot is fine and good, but what would it look like? is it breathing exercises, or postures, or moving forms, or what?

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale