Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineokvomit2
Stranger
Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain?
    #1776022 - 08/03/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yesterday I took Magic mushrooms for the first time. While I found this to be a pleasant and interesting experience, I also found it to be a painful one. About an hour after I took them my calves started throbbing, followed by a freaky burning pain going up and down my leg. When I woke up this morning I could barely walk. My legs hurt so bad. I did not or have not engaged in any activities lately that have had anything to do with my legs or that may have caused these symptoms. Has anyone ever heard of this? It feels like it is a pain in the veins of my legs and maybe not necessarily the muscle. I think I have some mild varicose veins in my legs and it seems like they are swollen up and bruised. Weird. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Follow up - I am unsure of the exact species of mushroom. But I was in Missouri so it would probably have been one indigenous to that location.
I couldn't have been dehydrated - I drank plenty of beer (haha)
I took some ibuprofin earlier today and it seemed to help the swelling, but after doing some more research, I am starting to think that several factors worked together to make this happen.
First, after reading more about varicos veins, it appears that the pain or discomfert they cause can adversley be affected by blood pressure. I have read that a common side effect os mushrooms is moderate to highly elevated blood pressure. I think I had high blood pressure and the fact I was on my feet almost the whole time was keeping blood from escaping my legs. I wish I would have known this because if I would have spent more time with my legs elevated on a recliner or something; I likely would have saved my self a lot of the intense pain I am having right now.
Maybe I am wrong, does anyone have any experience with varicos veins?

Edited by okvomit2 (08/03/03 10:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: okvomit2]
    #1776356 - 08/03/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What species?

OfflinePacho
Pacho

Loc: Cund, Colombia, S.A.
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: zeta]
    #1776477 - 08/03/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

may be you did a lot of leg activity while you were in your trip but you don't remember it, you better find out what species did you take as okvomit2 said so i can tell you what you have.

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: Pacho]
    #1776743 - 08/03/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

possibly cramping due to dehydration. did you drink much liquids during your trip?

i find that i excrete alot of fluid while tripping - ie. lots of sweating, numerous trips to the bathroom.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: jimbu] * 1
    #1776751 - 08/03/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Every time I have tripped super hard on acid or shrooms I had pain in specific parts of my body. The pain has been so bad I had to recover for days.. Hang in there, its a natural effect of muscles tensing up and being used to extends far beyond their normal use. (especially those small muscles, ouch).

Note: Semilanceata's always gave me the worst body pains afterwarrds. Maybe thats because I ate so damn many.

--------------------

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: jimbu]
    #1776755 - 08/03/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jimbu said:
possibly cramping due to dehydration. did you drink much liquids during your trip?

i find that i excrete alot of fluid while tripping - ie. lots of sweating, numerous trips to the bathroom.

Overuse of muscles = too much sodium in muscles = dehydration = muscle pain.

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1776822 - 08/03/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Do you have a blood pressure problem? You mentionned your veins, and mushrooms are known to rise blood pressure.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: Meph]
    #1776983 - 08/03/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

One of my friends always complains of leg pains. Says he feels like he just ran 5 miles on a sprint. It bugged the shit out of him the first few times he tripped, now he just tries to ignore it.

I find myself getting random pains from trip to trip. Sometimes there's pain in my back, sometimes in my legs, arms. or on my side. Sometimes it's just isolated to my pinky finger.

A lot of the time, any pain you feel is just enhanced by the state you're in. Your mind makes a" mountain out of a mole hill." Try taking some OTC pain killers if the pains really bug you.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

Loc: cow feild
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: djd586]
    #1776998 - 08/03/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: Asmbandits]
    #1777231 - 08/04/03 12:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, what useful input you have, Asmbandits.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1777378 - 08/04/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Interestingly I always get pain in my left wrist when I'm tripping, also my feet go cold.  :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1778025 - 08/04/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

One time I ate some powdered shrooms during a car ride home. The shrooms began to kick in very quickly, as usual with powdered shrooms. So i was tripping while in the car. (NOT WHILE DRIVING, of course)

When I arrived home I got out of the car, stood up, and my legs hurt really bad.

Conclusion: When you trip, your mind is separated from your body and you dont really worry about what position your body is in.

So when I was in the car my legs were in an awkward position and I never realized it until i felt the pain when I stretched them out again.

ps. Isnt "awkward" an awkward word.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1778489 - 08/04/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i experienced the leg pains the past few trips. however wat i found on my last trip was that my body was feeling so good that i was clenching my calves and stuff and moving them around without realizing it. that is wat caused this.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1778572 - 08/04/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

To the maker of this thread , i have read about other trippers experiencing really intense leg pain , i dont remember where , just saying i've heard of it other places too

--------------------

OfflineStubaby
crosseyed andpainless

Loc: Dudley's Kitchen
    #1783474 - 08/05/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The first time I experienced intese leg pain while tripping was at Bonnaroo. The backside of my legs, especially in the knee region hurt so bad I was forced to walk really awkwardly. Of course I had been on my feet for 12 straight hours by the time I ate the shrooms so I'm sure that was a contributing factor. Then again I was on my feet for more than 12 hours the next day, didn't trip, and experienced no leg pain. The only other times I've felt this leg pain while tripping are days when I walk around the lot for hours and then dance for a couple more hours at the concert. Your blood pressure idea makes sense. So if you want to avoid the pain, make sure not to trip when you've been standing/walking alot.

One Love,
Stu

--------------------
Well everybody's dancin in a ring around the sun
Nobody's finished, we ain't even begun
So take off your shoes child, and take off your hat
Try on your wings and find out where it's at.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: Stubaby]
    #1784247 - 08/06/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Where they azurescens?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeLight93
Stranger
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: jimbu]
    #24841412 - 12/12/17 07:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Its cause you didnt drink enough water. same on lsd

OfflineFrenetic Zetetic
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: PsilocybeLight93]
    #24841467 - 12/12/17 08:31 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Water and bananas.

--------------------
"Take it easy, dude. But TAKE it!" - Terence McKenna

OfflineRachel Alsham
Stranger

#25299243 - 06/29/18 03:13 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I also get excruciating pain behind my knees making it hard to extend my leg straight. It feels like my tendons are snapping and on fire.

It happens with high doses and I expect it to happen at least once every 1/5 'stronger' trips. I never take particularly hi doses  though.

OfflineBrother
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Loc: Upper Michigan
Re: Magic Mushrooms cause Leg Pain? [Re: Rachel Alsham]
    #25343681 - 07/24/18 03:55 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Of the 5 or so times I was tripping never had any pain. Then this last time theighs hurt so bad . As if I used a thiegh master for hours! WTF. It was penis envy or teacher. Took both, about a 1/8. Hand full fresh picked. Felt like death.couldnt sleep it off. Next day did it again. Same result. .

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale