Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenone
Oh shit.... fire in the inoculation room. Burning alcohol
    #1775862 - 08/03/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So here I am, sitting in my kitchen, tons of jars on the oven and multiple oyster syringes ready to inoculate.. I get aprox. 5 jars done, and I tip over my bowl of burning alcohol and now I have a 4'x3' flame from my kitchen floor to the counter tops...

Not to mention the exposed syringe in my hand and 1 jar opened on the oven, so I rush across the room to get a towel, put the fire out asap and get another flame going... flame steralize the needle, dunk it in more alcohol, then inoculate.

What do you think the chances are that the quick movements I made to run across the room could of pushed some contam's via air movement into my jar? I think that would be the only risk factor here because I had one jar's inoculation hole exposed and the syringe but I flamed the syringe killing all problems there.

Anyhow, the process went down nicely and after the whole thing i wiped my incubator down with some bleach wipes. whallah

though I'm not really into the psilocybe containing strains, don't even smoke pot just love mycology.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Oh shit.... fire in the inoculation room. Burning alcohol [Re: none]
    #1775888 - 08/03/03 05:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if you were using the oven tek, the warm air rising wouldnt have been affected that much by your rapid movments across the room. although the giant flame probably made a lot more air move than you did running across the room.
if i had to say one way or the other, id say tyoure fine

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinenone
Re: Oh shit.... fire in the inoculation room. Burning alcohol [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1775905 - 08/03/03 05:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

now I always thought that considering the fact that one cooks a lot of food in an oven and in most cases lots of food is deposited all over the oven racks and inside walls...

but considering that it's usually cooked at 350+ daily, all the shit inside is simply steralized food matter.

my stove was nasty as all hell i had to break out the heavy duty industrial steel cleaners/

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oh shit.... fire in the inoculation room. Burning alcohol [Re: none]
    #1775952 - 08/03/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

cool - i bet they grow huge like californian redwoods!

the more posts like this you make, the more i'm gonna like you. have some shrooms for a funny story. :kiss: 

--------------------
buh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation