Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi.
    #1775494 - 08/03/03 03:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone! 

This post turned out to be longer than I originally planned...  It is intended for the true seekers.

The last thread I created was the one called: "Where Do You Stand?"

For those of you who need a refresher,  it questionned the position of all my Forum friends concerning their stance as "believers" or "skeptics".  The question was left in extreme general terms on purpose.  It allowed me to get to know you all better because your replies were all individually valid - not to mention, it indicated to me, those of you who enjoy going "against the flow"... 

Those of you who stood their ground as "skeptics" or who deviated from the question, thank-you: you've identified yourselves as true seekers. As a seeker, it is essential to "excercise" your mental freedom.  It is in such a way, that you make yourselves stronger..  Since this strength priciple exists so on the physical level, the mental plane, which is the next step up, is no exception...  THere is no question, though, it DOES take effort.

Many of you, however, continue to stand tall as "believers".  Period.

I really believe that there is a certain level of connectivity within the Forum:  Everyone here plays a major role in its success.  There is so much diversity out there, that when various source points merge together, as they do here throughout the Forum, much stored energy is released. What often happens with such release, results in CHAOS. 

But there is order within the disorder:  every individual here is an "organized unit of order"...  Even on the inside, you all possess a personal system of order which governs the way you think.  Together, there is so much energy that gets involved, that it sometimes appears out of order [ That is evident while "flaming" ].

Disorder is the Illusion. 

Using various "lenses", patterns of order can be seen... although perhaps, not quite fully understood. In a case of non-understanding, the Art of Acceptance becomes essential.  There is only so much information that the physical mind can grasp. 

That is where Faith comes in handy.  For example,  my mind has grasped the concept that gravity will keep my body from floating off into space.  I have faith that the same will be true the next day when I wake up.  I don't fully understand gravity, I doubt anyone does, but I have faith that it won't fail and let me down.

I believe that faith, is a resultant form of energy.  It is the sum of all thought process energies which come together, and produce a resulting force in the mind. 

Since physically, thought in the brain results from energy transfer, I see no harm in using that analogy to further translate where the thought goes once it slides through my neuro-network into the "void" I call my mind.  Everyone is similar in that respect.  And since we all think independantly, while co-existing, we exemplify parallel universes.

When I first posed the question - Where Do You Stand? - I wanted to take a look at a possible intereaction of parallel universes: Overlap, if you will.  My attempt was to get you all to think of something, so to create energy, and try to borrow or harness it [mentally] with the hopes of "channeling it". This was an attempt at Synchronicity.

It's not like I had a "set technique"...  I simply tried to clear my head and ask an honest question.  While doing so,  I mentally asked the following: "Please help me find a real answer".  I then temporarily removed myself from the Forum.

The Result of the Synchronicity was a Coincidence.  I will now share the results of the test: 

One night I had a dream...  not lucid or anything, I was asleep. In it, some kind of talking was going on...  To me it seemed like absolute gibberish  [ Kinda like listening to a foreign language without working knowledge of it.. ] ...  I woke up with the following thought in my head first thing next day:  "It's coming."

I looked around for a period and saw nothing.  I was getting disappointed.

About three weeks ago, however,  something happened.  I was, kind of "out of the blue",  invited to attend a Study Circle. 

Now, I'm not a member of any organisation, but the topic was Spiritual, so I decided to attend. 

We were looking at a book called: Reflections on the Life of the Spirit (1987).  [This book, for reference purposes, is from the Ruhi Institute. And simply for further illustration purposes, I have been told that this organisation in faith, which the Ruhi Institude is an integral part of, is second in magnitude, after Christianity.]

From p.35, I'll quote the following:  " Similarily, the soul is not inside the body; there is a special relationship between it and the body, and together they form a human being."

I think that everyone here in this Forum would perhaps agree to that statement... It seems pretty obvious from my vantage point.

Allow me to continue.. 

And please, NO FLAMING !!!  This next quote is going to include a certain 3 letter word. Remember, we are dealing with concepts here, and NOT linguistic formalities !!!

This is what is text written on p. 36 in the Life and Death section:

"Having emanated from the spiritual realms, created in the image and likeness of God, and capable of acquiring divine qualities and heavenly attributes,  the soul, after its separation from the body, progresses for all eternity."

The part of this quote that intrugues me most is that of the qualities given to the soul...  Those of heavenly attributes and capabilities of acquiring divine attributes. This, in particular, is concerning everyone; no matter what your position.  It extends through all boundaries: All religions, all forms of Faith. What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

I submitted the result of the test, with the help of these quotes, to further strengthen individual, as well as the Forum's, integrity and cohesion. Using a real life coincidence event yielding in a hard copy reply to an honest question, the purpose of this entry is to strengthen individual, faith.

No matter what your beginning vantage point, it's all part of the same puzzle.

I believe that there is merit in soul searching.  It creates constructive interference to fuel one's faith in a perpetual manner.

Faith:  The substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.

I hope that this helps all my friends out, in their search for personnal growth and development, here, at the Forum.

:eyemouth:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (08/03/03 03:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi. [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1776657 - 08/03/03 10:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Its good to see you back man. I was worried that you had gone for good! Im very glad you are back. This is an awesome post.

This rings many bells for me. Individually... Its hard for me to ever believe in any one thing... but the fact that all things change. But i have faith in my change... that it will bring me to where i want to be. That soul searching... Dreaming. Seeing who i am, what i am not. I come to these forums to test the waters... to see where the universes start to touch. Although sometimes they conflict... i try to let it slide... as is my constant faith of cohesion as you put it. That is if im getting you correctly. Awesome post. Good to see you back  :smile2: .

-----

what are those flying things in your sig?

--------------------
What?

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi. [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1778274 - 08/04/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

me too,

Im glad I can understand where you are comming from now, lets have some more posts from ya soon man, might make me stick around a little longer

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1778588 - 08/04/03 04:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Zero7a1, sole_worthy..  Nice interacting with you both again!

-------------------------------------
Zero7a1:"-----

what are those flying things in your sig?

Those flying creatures are Dragons !  I love the spirit of the Dragon !  It is strong and comforting !

---------------------------------------

What about my other friends in the Forum?  How is your development going? I'm very much curious to know how you are doing !  :grin:

---------------------------------------

This thread was also intended as a means of reassurance for two special friends of mind here within..  Spiffy and another. 

My other friend, I have spoken with briefly.  I'll "reach out" now and make a personal connection.  The other, is the one who can identify with the following quote [ Hopefully, you remember your writing ]:

" Us blues have to stick together.. "

...  ALSO... Thanx for your suggestion the other day...  I have, since then, written another song  tentatively titled:   

Reflections in the Abyss.  :eyemouth:

And Spiffy, always remember: never give up the fight for what is right !

Sometimes, it is difficult to persevere in any direction. 

You both have much strength.  Keep it up!  You're doing just fine !

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1781825 - 08/05/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why is everyone so silent?

Do you not want to make a new friend?

:oogle:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1784115 - 08/06/03 05:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

man I've been asking myself these questions for years, and while I have figured some things out, the more I figure out, the more questions seem to appear. Didn't have a chance to read or respond to the other post thought so I don't know if I am completely on topic. The way I have been seeing things as of late, I see that my mind won't be able to explain everything, but I can get a really good idea of how things work.  I don't mean sound pretentious, but I think (as of right now tho it probably will evolve more) that we are really limited as humans to explain a lot of spiritual aspects of life.  English language alone provides a lot of confusion over what is and what isn't.  Am I making any sense or do I just sound confused? in any case, more searching is needed :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1784216 - 08/06/03 06:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting read. I admire your peaceful intentions, Though I cant say for sure I understand where the synchronicity lies or how your experience in the study group relates to the orginal question you posed in the forum. Could you explain it for me?

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi. [Re: kaiowas]
    #1784834 - 08/06/03 01:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"I don't mean sound pretentious, but I think (as of right now tho it probably will evolve more) that we are really limited as humans to explain a lot of spiritual aspects of life. English language alone provides a lot of confusion over what is and what isn't. Am I making any sense or do I just sound confused? in any case, more searching is needed."
-------------------------

You sound to me like you have a very level-headed and open mind.

I agree very much with you, that in terms of explanation, spiritual aspects can be challenging to discuss.. Although, I try to jump over such obstacles by using analogies and imagery of existing and identifiable things with the hopes of reaching out and making a connection.

Personally, whenever I have come to such a "bump in the road", I do my best to make a note of it using other mediums: Art and Music. Both require feeling and emotion: I create them to help myself remember that which I have difficulty putting into words. It is like making "encrypted notes" to myself for future reference purposes.

Concerning the limitations of the english language, a complete package of explanation would seem as confusing to us as an explanation of a computer would be to someone in ancient Rome..

The words needed may simply not be in existance at present. We need more people like Sclorch to come up with some useful new words.

Again, I agree with you: more searching is required. But it will be necessary to unite our efforts... One individual, alone, cannot do it all.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#1784882 - 08/06/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just a thought on words and language...

I used to get stoned and see all these things about myself that I could change. I always used to say to myself "wohah..thats amazing I can see that now, soon ill change that". Then id get stoned again and see more things, but id still say to myself, "ill sort it out some time in the future". Then one day I realised that I hadnt actualy done anything, and im not going to, unless I make the effort.

So I began...

anyway...bit off topic but...recenlty Ive wondered where stoned can take me next...Ive always wanted to try and comminicate the feeling to others and to my sober self, the next day. Id make notes etc.

But the next day, it didnt quite feel the same. So recenlty I realised im not getting any further trying to comminicate this.

There is no way I can put into words those profound feelings. but rather than try and analyse it, Ive just let myself drift along with the flow. When you feel something you are it, you know everything about it, because you are feeling it. 1000 pages and someone speaking about it for hours would never get you close.

well, hope I got whatever point it was accros

Ta :P!

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi. [Re: GazzBut]
    #1785063 - 08/06/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"Interesting read. I admire your peaceful intentions, Though I cant say for sure I understand where the synchronicity lies or how your experience in the study group relates to the orginal question you posed in the forum. Could you explain it for me?"
---------------------------

I will most definately attempt an explanation for you.

Ever since I was little fella,  I enjoyed looking at things in depth..  details.

While growing up, during the teen years, the concept of things falling into place seemed to sit well with me.  I began casually noticing coincidences.  Sometimes, such events were so perplexing, that I'd wonder if they were set-up by those around me: "pranksters".  But I could never make a connection.

Quite recently, I heard a term:  Synchronicity.  Immediately I got a vivid image in my mind:  That of synchronized swimmers.  They "perform" with intent.  When you see them in action, they are moving in a co-ordinated fashion.  What a "coincidence"..  They had planned it that way.

The reason I look at the coincidence/synchronicity conept is because it is not story book fantasy.  It is real life events that unfold to the observer in a very seemingly focussed manner. 

Let me give you an example... Purely hypothetical...  I'll keep the scaling firmly planted on the ground for this illustration.

Suppose you, two of your friends and myself hung out one night.  We discussed some things in your life and various small talk topics.

Let's say that from the discussion, I learned that you are about to buy a nice new BMW, you have just moved into a nice new house on Luck ST. and you are getting married to your soul-mate in a few months.

So you, a very keen observer, find yourself driving the next week in your VW Jetta with a stranger whom you picked up hitchhiking.  Listening to some tunes on the radio while you go, you suddenly hear an announcement about BMW's...  They are going on sale next week!  You continue down the road, and see a billboard..  "Have you found your Soul-mate Yet?  We can help you tie the knot !!!  ...  blah blah blah ...  Marriages -R- Us". The stranger, after a period later, turns over to you and says: " Wow...  I wish I could afford to live on Luck ST...  I've seen the houses there...  They are amazing!!!"

In your mind,  those events that had just unfolded before your eyes were some of the darndest coincidences that you have ever experienced !! Internally, you are thinking to yourself: "Whoa!  That was amazing !"
----------------

Little did you know, it was a synchronized effort that made that happen for you.. the observer.

Your friends and I had gotten together, contacted the radio station and posted an ad [I never told you that I owned the BMW dealership]; drew up a billboard, and received the help of a complete stranger who directed you down a set path to his destination point.  We also got the stranger to say that very sentence to you...  but that's it..  the stranger was oblivious to the other parts of the plan.

To you, that was a coincidence...  You didn't make note of the "behind the scenes action"...  To the stranger, it really meant nothing special.

As for your friends and I, we synchronized...  and made the coincidence come together for you.  It was a personnal message meant exclusively for you.

These events, however, didn't happen by chance.  They were linked to our meeting and wonderful discussion.  Little did you know, that once the plan was set in motion, it was as if "fate" had lead you down the path.  You agreed to follow where the stranger had asked you to go. 

Once you made the choice to agree and accept, the rest of the trip was pre-determined for you. You still had to make a choice though...  But you were a kind soul, and thus, picked up the hitchhiker.
----------------

I believe that we are an integral part of something much bigger, a huge sub-system if you will, in comparison of our tiny physical bodies to it.  I believe also, that within this system in which we find ourselves, things are expressed as coincidences and synchronicities. 

Scaling it up to the next possible level, the implication that there exists greater strength "out there" is where I am now trying to make the link using observing and testing methods. 

Because events can be beautifully  illustrated using mathematical techniques like Calculus,  I think that ONE method of possible explanation ties in nicely with coincidences and synchronicities.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Chew On This For A Bit... Veni Vidi. [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1785837 - 08/06/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"There is no way I can put into words those profound feelings. but rather than try and analyse it, Ive just let myself drift along with the flow. When you feel something you are it, you know everything about it, because you are feeling it. 1000 pages and someone speaking about it for hours would never get you close.

well, hope I got whatever point it was accros."
---------------------

I saw your post just after making my latest installment to this thread... But I had to leave.  I was thinking about what you said though.  Just before I got back home, I saw a licence plate:

:grin:    OHM 420    :thumbup:

I share this with you now, so that you may have no hard feelings about the path you have chosen to journey on.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1787592 - 08/07/03 08:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"There is no way I can put into words those profound feelings. but rather than try and analyse it, Ive just let myself drift along with the flow. When you feel something you are it, you know everything about it, because you are feeling it. 1000 pages and someone speaking about it for hours would never get you close."

I so feel you on that.I always seem to feel lost and confused a lot of the time when trying to describe the different feelings and thoughts I get when I'm either lit or shrooming.  does it ever seem to anyone out there that words really get in the way of having a profound understanding with higher level thoughts?  I even start to question or doubt everything that I have been working twoards, do anyoneelse feel this way too?  Its kinda hard expressing myself withmost people, especially when judgement is flying around me left and right.  just trying to see if I'm not crazy or anything :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1787651 - 08/07/03 09:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers for the explanation but I still dont see any synchronicity between the question you asked the forum and the stuff you read in your study group... Sorry if I seem a bit dense!

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1787856 - 08/07/03 11:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"Sorry if I seem a bit dense!"
---------------

Asking questions is NEVER a sign of being "dense"... Rather, I commend you on your seeking enthusiasm.

The reason I posed the initial question to everyone was to get everyone thinking.  Like a nuclear reactor, action from within, creates energy. 

Although I am unaware of any sources to support this, I am open to the possibility that somewhere along the lines of our human boundaries,  we are "relatively close" in terms of position. I'd wager that this is possible on both of your boundary ends... 

Your conscious part closeness is viewed when you meet with someone face to face: in person...  Your sub-conscious boundary, since it likely follows the same rules [and then some] as this "smaller" place we call the fourth dimension, then, can come together in a "behind the scenes face to face" manner.

I say this becase of the following...  Starting from the first dimension, the second is an expansion of it, but includes the first.  Once you expand to the third, there is evidence of the second as well as the first within it. The fourth is the same, it includes the third, second and the first.  The rules involved within a lower neighboring dimension are translated into te next on up, where further expansion takes place.

I think that if consciously, we can interact, then it sounds reasonable that we can do so as well sub-consciously. 

The sub-conscious part would occur without conscious awareness ...  It's like "behind the scenes" action.

By soul searching,  I'm open to consider the possibility of one's stronger connection to the sub-conscious. 

If, in fact, I was successful in creating some creative energy using the question, then it would seem that we had a nice group that came together on the sub-conscious side.  The coming together of each energy unit would "put another log on the bon-fire" so to speak.  Energy would have increased as a result. 

For everyone to come together like that, im implying the possibility of free will synchronization of what constitutes of US on a deeper level... So then that might mean, that we all did similar things at the same time... Synonymous to the synchronized swimmers.

I believe, that our conscious human mind is living in ignorance of its true real potential.

I'm considering the possibility that it was my Forum friends who helped me find a real answer using "behind the scenes"  methods.

Therefore, the question I initially posed was intended to start the chain-reaction of events which lead to the observation I made. 

My request was a spiritual one...  and the reply came with the heading: Reflections of the Spirit.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1789132 - 08/07/03 05:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time to explain it. Although I think we can all sometimes find synchronicities a bit too easily if we want to, I agree with many of the ideas you have outlined. What thoughts have you on techniques for trying to exploit this sub concious communication between us fellow shroomites in the future?

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1790797 - 08/08/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"What thoughts have you on techniques for trying to exploit this sub concious communication between us fellow shroomites in the future?"
----------------------

Believe in yourself. Nothing happens without belief.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1791003 - 08/08/03 04:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I meant did you have any future experiments in mind!

Word of friendly advice...You may need to ground yourself a little!

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1791660 - 08/08/03 12:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"I meant did you have any future experiments in mind!"
-----------------------

Not at this moment. But I have left my two cents behind at this time concerning belief and one's self.
================

"Word of friendly advice...You may need to ground yourself a little!"
------------------------

Why do you insist on making a shallow judgement call upon me?

Contrary to your misinterpretation, I have my feet firmly planted in the ground !

If you've been following my postings for the past six months, you'd notice that I make much effort in attempting to link ideas to reality.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#1791716 - 08/08/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Believe in yourself. Nothing happens without belief

Today, I have belived in myself, and it has got me places.

I got home today and checked the answer phone, the first message was from the agency I am working for asking me to call them back. The message was recieved yesterday, but i forget to check it.  I phoned them and they told me that I shouldnt have gone back into work today, but I did.  While I was there I deciced to take my own initiative and go ask about the janitors job there. I got it. Now I have a secure Job.

With the syncronicity thing, before I got home I drove up to DHL to get an applicatiion for to be one of their van drivers...
Then I went to a mates and as I was driving into his road a shropshire star van pulled out, which is rare, as they only deliver to newsagents.
I have applied to that company already to do van driving.

As I pulled up home there was a car acros the street with BOX in the registration, which relates to DHL and delivering boxes.

I checked the mail and had a package from oxfam about a trip abroad they are offering. id totaly forgotton about requesting it, as it was some months ago. Anyway, the 2nd answer phone message was from another agency I am with, who offered me work, but i had to tirn it down. They have not contacted me for months either.

I then rang my ISP to tell them that I cant pay my internet for the next month. The guy on the other end then offered me 1 month free internet accses. which is sorted!

Anyway, all these offers, and all at once :laugh:

I got faith in the old synconicity, also while typing this a friend has come online and informed me he is starting work with another mate of mine at the same place as me on monday

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology