Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s
    #1772795 - 08/02/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi all,

My pet snail isn't really advanced on the issue of growing mushrooms but managed to grow a batch of "Mazatapec".  He got a total yeild of 350 mushrooms.

Anyway to his question... He consumed all of these over a three month period.  Eating 7 fresh mushrooms (around 5-6 inches in height) the first time and felt very euthoric for around 5 hours but NO visuals what-so-ever.  After this he increased the dosage to around 15-20 when eating fresh shrooms and the same amount when eating them dried.

But still NO visuals, apart from feeling very euthoric and disorientated.  Any ideas why this was?  Do "Mazatapec"'s never give visuals?  What's a strain that you would reccomend for "visuals".

My pet snail asked me to say thanks for taking the time to read this.

:heartpump: 

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s [Re: Xenophobic]
    #1772947 - 08/02/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I know some people who would say that they get the best visuals off of this strain. I don't think you're eating enough at all.

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#1773095 - 08/02/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi EllemyshShade,

Thanks for the input. How many would you say is quite enough? 20 fresh = 2g dry weight roughly, right?

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1773314 - 08/02/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you cant judge your doses by the number of mushrooms....you have to do it by weight

invest in a 30 dollar digital scale off ebay, its worth it....doses that i eyeballed and thought were 3.5 were really only 2 grams

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #1773346 - 08/02/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i really think strain matters not what so ever on visuals... if you want visuals eat a lot... weighed out though... weigh out 3.5 grams... whatever stain it is you will get visuals... i don't usually get good visuals on anything under 2.5 grams

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#1773447 - 08/02/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thanx liftedoff420 and thanx shroomizzy,

That helps alot  :thumbup: 

--------------------

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#1773458 - 08/02/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Once more thing though...

If you were forced to estimate 3.5 grammes by number of dried or fresh shrooms, then what would you say?

:heart: 

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1773731 - 08/02/03 07:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:

If you were forced to estimate 3.5 grammes by number of dried or fresh shrooms, then what would you say?

I would say don't be stupid. Nobody on earth can do that. Maybe if every single psilocybe in existence happened to be exactly the same weight but that's pretty far from the case.

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s [Re: zeta]
    #1773750 - 08/02/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it could be half a mushroom or a dozen of them.

--------------------

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#1773842 - 08/02/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I appreciate your point Audi0, thanks.

Quote:

Zeta wrote I would say don't be stupid. Nobody on earth can do that. Maybe if every single psilocybe in existence happened to be exactly the same weight but that's pretty far from the case.

I'm not on about every different "Psilocybe" I'm on about "Mazatapecs" and I am not stupid as you suggest, quite frankly I don't know why you post at all if all you do is insult.

--------------------

Invisiblemisterogerz

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #1773888 - 08/02/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:
I appreciate your point Audi0, thanks.

Quote:

Zeta wrote I would say don't be stupid. Nobody on earth can do that. Maybe if every single psilocybe in existence happened to be exactly the same weight but that's pretty far from the case.

I'm not on about every different "Psilocybe" I'm on about "Mazatapecs" and I am not stupid as you suggest, quite frankly I don't know why you post at all if all you do is insult.

strain of mush doesnt matter, what he's trying to say is that every shroom is different, it could be 2in tall it could be 10, they also have varying widths and many factors involving weight, that's why u need a scale to dose accurately

--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#1773923 - 08/02/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes but...

If your family were about to be shot infront of you and you HAD to decide there and then, what would your guess be?

--------------------

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

#1774257 - 08/02/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

understand... we're not trying to be dicks... theres way too many factors involved... i've had one mushroom that was about 4 inches tall and mature weigh .5 grams where another same size mushroom matured weighed 1 gram... way too many factors... you might think you guess 3.5 when really you weighed 5 grams... or even 1.5 grams... just buy a cheap scale... then you will never have to worry

--------------------

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1774404 - 08/02/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i've had one mushroom that was about 4 inches tall and mature weigh .5 grams

That's exactly what I'm saying... 0.5g you say was one shroom, then 6.5g fresh shrooms = 3.5g dried.

Am I missing something here or what?

--------------------

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
    #1774493 - 08/02/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

A. He also said that he had one shroom the same size that was 1g.

B. Where did you get your math? Mushrooms are 90% water, so about 35 grams fresh would be 3.5 grams dry.

Just buy the scale. It is the "not-stupid" thing to do.

Wait, tell ya what, just eyeball it, have fun, and be sure to write the trip report after the confusion goes away. We'll still be here and I'm sure it will be interesting to hear from you again.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

#1775001 - 08/03/03 06:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes read my words....

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1775046 - 08/03/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Shroomizzy, in my own experience I have to say I disagree with your comment about cubensis strains varying in visuals.  While I agree the person who started this thread probably took too low a dose to cross the visuals threshold, I have found in my own experience that there were distinct differences in visuals and types of visuals between the various cubes I grew/tripped.  Mazatapecs gave me the BEST visuals I've ever had while PES Hawaiians had next to none at 4 grams. 

I'm too uneducated about mycology and psychoactive substances to be able to know why I experienced differences between strains...but to me it seems logical that a lot of factors of the genetics involved in each strain (and how well those genetics perform on various spawns/substrates) would be a key element in to how the shrooms affect you visually.  I mean, I even get light level 3 visuals off really good weed...so I'm sure on the other half of the equation would be our own neurochemistry and metabolism which also directly affects how we experience such drugs.

Sorry for the ramble...just wanted to say that in my experience there are differences in types of visuals as well as intensity of them across the cube strains; why I had such experiences...I can't say.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: No Hallucinations on "Mazatapec"'s [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1775801 - 08/03/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RANKSRAGGY68 said:
A. He also said that he had one shroom the same size that was 1g.

B. Where did you get your math? Mushrooms are 90% water, so about 35 grams fresh would be 3.5 grams dry.

Just buy the scale. It is the "not-stupid" thing to do.

Wait, tell ya what, just eyeball it, have fun, and be sure to write the trip report after the confusion goes away. We'll still be here and I'm sure it will be interesting to hear from you again.

-RR68

Or, shit, -make- a scale, using the known weights of the change in your pockets...

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineFilamentousFungi
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole!
    #13187985 - 09/13/10 02:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:

A handful.

--------------------

OfflineJesusGreen
Silly Man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Poland Flag
    #13188023 - 09/13/10 03:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:
Yes but...

If your family were about to be shot infront of you and you HAD to decide there and then, what would your guess be? 

Your family are not about to be shot in front of you, and you don't have to decide there and then. People are just trying to be helpful, the fact is, 3.5g could be less than a single mushroom, or it could be 30 mushrooms, depending on their size, it is very random, we have no idea how big your mushrooms are, how wide they are, and can't guess at what they weigh.

The only thing I can say is, with mushrooms, if you're not where you want to be, take more.

Seriously though, get a scale man :smile:

Edited by JesusGreen (09/13/10 03:51 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract