Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Sunday was a great afternoon for cubies???
    #1774967 - 08/03/03 07:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Until ther monsoon came and chased me away. Took an hour to go 15 kilometers in the torrent rains .

Here is another Muslim assistant who also had several kids ripping the shrooms from the ground to assist me.

I did not collect the ones they picked. Only the ones I photographed and handled. Who knows which hand they wiped their tushes with in the rice paddies.

This lady (Nit) lives at the same house of the other gentlemen who assisted me in cutting grass the day before.

enjoy. mj

Here is a multi colored cap with spore deposits and various colored shapes of leaves and other things which adhered to this shroom in the gloom in the grasss.

And here are some caps turned over to show the gill plates and colors of the various charicteristic deposits of the spore colors changing in aging on the aging cap.

Okay and some of the shrooms which I collected for prints before the monsoon hit me.

Luckily I had two plastic bags surrounding my camera in my wasit pocket.

and there were dozens and dozens of these little guys popping up all over the ground here I was in the middle of the interior of the jungle. I did not pick them because they are really too small to send to people for growing shrooms.

have a shroomy day. Tomorrow some ocean boat scenes and other intereting images.

mj

ALso accidently renamed a few photos while resizing so I lost them when I delelted the original image form the memory card disc.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Sunday was a great afternoon for cubies??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1775033 - 08/03/03 09:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there,

They sure are colorful 'cubes. They all seem to have a rather orange tint in with the brown and gold. So how much longer are you going to be on Samui? What are you going to be doing in the other points in you itinerary? Is all of this travel tied to one project or various projects? Seems like great fun doing work/study projects in exotic albeit warm climes.

Best regards,

King Bolete  :mushroom2: 

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1775492 - 08/03/03 03:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, amazing series of Cubensis photos! Thanks for sharing these beautiful images Mushroom John.  :smile: 

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1775571 - 08/03/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nice pictures..

Quote:

I did not collect the ones they picked. Only the ones I photographed and handled. Who knows which hand they wiped their tushes with in the rice paddies.

I dont condone wiping ones ass with thier own hand, but its seems you sometimes disrespect the people that help you.

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
Re: Sunday was a great afternoon for cubies??? [Re: Effed]
    #1776149 - 08/03/03 07:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ha,damn effed's gotta point.But if i had to pick,id prolly only handle the ones i picked too,i mean hell,theres shit loads of those cubies everywhere it seems like in those pics,i wish it was that easy here!Peace!

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Sunday was a great afternoon for cubies??? [Re: aminitaman]
    #1776955 - 08/04/03 12:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thai people do not shake hands with their left hand. That is the hand they wash and wipe their ass with. That is why there are water hoses in all thai bathrooms next to the toilets.

I try not to have contaminations from others handlingshrooms andalso because I wantto photograph them inthe ground.

I havehad Thai's and Muslims look at bby batches of shrooms andpull a few out and talk about them but I do not want themt otouch ormove them fromt he way I set them in their containers. I try to keep the manured ends ofthe stems away fromt he caps at the other end of mycollection baskets and containers.

And again regarding the above topilet comments
It is only Westerners who use toilet paper except in the big city where business man use modern toilets. The average toilet in southeast asia was French made two inches off the floor. Last year Keyes Lloyd, one of the participants in my expedition actually photographed several of the thai toilets to show the shroomry how strange they are.

If you read any Thai guide book it will tell you the do's and don'ts of Thai. One do not is that farangs never shake hands with their left hands with a Thai because that is the hand that wipes the ass after hosing it with the water hose next to the toilet.

There is no disrespect there at all . Especially since you do not know the customs of Southeast Asia.

Tomorrow:

Lessen 2:

When is the appropriate time to take a dump in the rice paddie and what leaves does one use to wipe with.

mj

And no I willnotpost the cow pat poo toilet photos again.

Look them up somewherein mthe search engine.

Thats what the hoses are for. Foreigners like me have to purchase our own toilet paper when living on island resorts. and out of the major cities.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (08/04/03 12:46 AM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1777035 - 08/04/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So - let me understand this better mjshroomer;

Do you walk around the pastures actually cleaning your hands with a disinfecting clean towels every few minutes? To keep your hands extra clean when picking?

What are your thoughts now with the contamination ratios of wild shrooms before they are picked; Are the Shrooms relatively contamination-free in the wild before your fingers touch them?

How well does the shroom guard itself against outside contaminants?

This is a tricky discussion, i hope that you can clear this up for us.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Sunday was a great afternoon for cubies??? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1777493 - 08/04/03 07:19 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

As I noted I use handy wipes for many years when collecting shit shrooms. However, I also lie down amongst the shit to get great photos./

I carry several containers for collecting when I go for separatae shrooms and for shrooms from different locations. However, before I started using handiwipes, Very few people have ever had a contamination problem with my spores except for a few begginners over the years. An efficient cultivator usually does not have too manty contamination promlems.

ANother Thai habit is picking their nose constantly day in and day out. I even watch the professors at hulalongkorn play nosey.

On samui, everything int he environment is handled by the locals. I jsut keep any shrooms I get fromt hier hands in a separate container and I do not like them picking them before I can photograph them. Not every cattle tender or rice paddie workers has time to assk what I am doing yet today several tourists pulled into the buifflao arena area at one of the many n the island and the Samui muslim farmers asked them hed kee kwai, but they were actually interested in the bffalo fights.

mj

I

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification