Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: soylent_green]
    #1145254 - 12/16/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

they will rise from the sewers of man wearing silk stockings and training bras, smoking cheep cigars, and will reclaim the earth and enslave all of humanity.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1145312 - 12/16/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i think it's possible they exist. hey anything is possible

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1145384 - 12/16/02 08:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

they will rise from the sewers of man wearing silk stockings and training bras, smoking cheep cigars...

Yeah, but how will we recognize them?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

#1146070 - 12/16/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hmmm.....mabey one of thoses "you'll just know" kinda things, haha

--------------------

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
    #1148251 - 12/17/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

They made a movie about this it is called Super Mario Brothers. Dennis Hopper is the HRIC (head reptile in charge)

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

#1148836 - 12/17/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

haha i never thought of that.....

--------------------

OfflineSpace Monkey
Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: Shroomism]
    #17729644 - 02/01/13 10:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm bumping this because I recently had a trip where reptile mind came up. I've had experiences with reptile mind on psychedelics before, sometimes its been cool, but others decidedly bad. I believe all human minds have this reptilian aspect, and that psychedelics can bring it out. There were many, many serpent myths in Mesoamerican mythology, which was heavily influenced by psychedelics.  I don't think it's exclusively a psychedelic thing though, just a human thing. Buddhism and Judaism both have mythologies which I believe represent the serpent mind, and both show it in very different lights. In Buddhism, Mucalinda the Snake King protected the Buddha during a storm while he meditated. We all know how Judaism treated Serpent; I believe these are BOTH valid representations of the serpent mind.

I believe the serpent mind has its proper function, but that its will should not be surrendered to (like Eve did in the garden myth). Rather, I think it should be used like it is in Buddhism, as a protector of the higher mind. It reminds me of when Christ in the gospels commanded his disciples to be "wise as serpents, and guileless as doves" when travelling. I do not believe a person ought to try and destroy reptile mind. One, I don't think it's possible, two I think it would only cause mental fuck ups.

If reptile mind comes out on a trip, and says "I demand service", you have to use your higher evolved self to say "no, of course not". It might tempt you with pleasure (and may even be able to attain it, although it also may not), but do not go along with it. Serpent mind is stupid. It is wise, but it is stupid. It has the power and intuitive knowledge to accomplish it's own ends, but it is stupid in that it ONLY cares about it's desire and nothing else, which is why the higher mind is superior. Once serpent mind is done whatever it's doing, it leaves YOU to pick up where it left off (which could be a snake pit of shit, or you simply looking like an ass). If you have abandoned yourself to something as mindless in desire as serpent mind, you most likely deserve it.

Use your reason to overcome the reptile mind. Do not debate with it, it will not change it's mind, it is mindless. You are the one who rules yourself, and that's it. Just remember what a stupid snake it really is in comparison with higher mind. You may not want to do this because reptile promises pleasure, but you most likely do not deserve the pleasure it promises (Serpent considers itself entitled to everything). To quantify this, simply ask yourself whether you would deserve what the reptile wants if it were absent.

This all being said, some of the most "psychic" experiences I've had on LSD were during serpent mind trips; the serpent IS wise! Its just not the one that should be running the show, because it is also stupid. The Buddha mind, the part that's "guileless as a dove" is what is meant to be in control. In reality, it can always can be in control, but people can be lazy hedonists sometimes and surrender their minds to their inclinations, which is disgusting.

I don't like the David Icke theories of "hybrids", I think it has nothing to do with an alien race genetically splicing us. I could be wrong, but it ranks with the Flying Spaghetti Monster to me. As you said, reptilian nature is very self-serving, almost overwhelmingly so; but, it can always be controlled, there's no excuses. In my experience, it is imperative that reason rule.

Edited by Space Monkey (02/01/13 10:49 PM)

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: Space Monkey]
    #17729684 - 02/01/13 10:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
    #17729690 - 02/01/13 10:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Have we all lost our god damn minds!

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: LysergicX7]
    #17735876 - 02/02/13 11:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What the fuck is this, one thread about me having visual distortions gets attacked by claims of me falsly claiming that I have psychic powers, yet something like this and the majority of you, actually put effort in to have a legit discussion?

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

OfflineSpace Monkey
Re: Reptile.....people?? [Re: Cactilove]
    #17736208 - 02/03/13 12:55 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Reptilian motif is pretty common with the psychedelic experience, so there must be something legit to it......I doubt David Icke theories though... everyone has psychic powers!

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#17738502 - 02/03/13 01:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

They come and go and wear us like suits.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order