Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespacedragon
SORCERER
Male User Gallery

Loc: THRONE
Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen)
    #1772907 - 08/02/03 03:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,
I've had some very good experiences with pure extracts of kava root (a very good source is herbpharm.com) In college I had some great experiences with shrooms and always was interested in getting some strong and pure kinds. I also wanted to get away from the addictive substances of THC and alcohol because I simply don't like having to rely on a substance to feel happy or alive. The bottom line is they are addictive & ethneogens are not.

I've had friends who always seemed to be able to handle it (like conserve their weed for weeks and just have a few beers and were cool). I was on the other side of the spectrum where I am trying to push it and reach some nirvana-like state or feel this "awe" toward the universe and it's inhabitants. Occasionally it would just leave me plain sick from ingesting too much alcohol or just smoking so much weed I was just too tired to get up. I'd always heard of stories of being caught in a bad trip where the cops bust in or your friend answers the phone in your dorm saying "Yea , he's right here Mrs. B." So I was mainly a user of just weed and beer.

After having twin daughters, getting into T'ai Chi and awesome online computer games like Phantasy Star Online and Everquest, my priorities have changed and I finally realized there are natural highs all over the place. What is needed, however, is a sound diet that's not lacking in vital minerals and vitamins (yea it sounds square but it's true) and some fresh air and exercise. Then occasionally when you pop a psychedelic or have a smoke with your friends you get totally blasted on just one or two hits. I used to be totally reliant on this stuff to feel good and alive - even to the point my friends would call me a fiend.

I was what Deepak Chopra would call "a misguided seeker". Finally, a dude who didn't see drug users as "sick" or "evil" or "escaping" but sometimes people who are amazing and even spiritual - but are led in the wrong direction for attaining union with All-That-Is. We are here to help other people attain liberation as well (not just for us to attain it or look back and say man I tripped balls so hard). We need to experiment though and get "whole" ourselves before we can help others. Similar to an oath doctors take before practicing.. "physician heal thyself". I don't wanna get started on all the oaths of Hippocrates that are beiong broken by modern day western medicine though. I am not a hindu or anything; although my avatar on the left shows the Indian avatar on the battlefield. I just thought it looked cool. I would consider myself a follower of a synthesis of Taoism and Buddhism that many monks achieved liberation through on the 5 sacred mountains in China.

OK, please forgive me for getting side-tracked. I am new to these boards and I am meeting all these great people; and I just want to tell a little about who I am. My question is does anyone have experience with mixing ethneogens - mainly kava kava, (producing a great physiological high & helps the production of GABA and leaves no hangover), and magic mushrooms. I say the general term for magic mushrooms because I know so little about the different types of mushrooms and their particular highs. I'd think the two might work together because shrooms were so cerebral and visual for me and kava just makes your body feel really good.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen) [Re: spacedragon]
    #1773120 - 08/02/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I personally would never touch "Extracts" of Kava, that's where all the liver damage problems arised from, but in it's natural form (root powder) I regularly use it and it's wonderful.

And no I haven't tried mixing it with anything, especially not alcohol.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen) [Re: Xenophobic]
    #1775189 - 08/03/03 12:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have some powdered root somewhere. Do you know how long it keeps?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen) [Re: spacedragon]
    #1775750 - 08/03/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had a batch that I forgot about and was left in a cool, dry, dark cupboard for 8 months.

When I remembered it, it was still as good as new.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen) [Re: Xenophobic]
    #1775972 - 08/03/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Kava (smoked or drank) i have only mixxed with pot, and it made it diffrent, more laid back, and no paranoia at all.

so, its alright with pot, never tried it with anything else tho.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinespacedragon
SORCERER
Male User Gallery

Loc: THRONE
Re: Has anyone tried mixing Kava extract (another ethneogen) [Re: Sombie]
    #1868714 - 08/31/03 05:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Lol sorry I misspelled this class of non-addictive drugs and it's ENTHEOGENS (Producing god-like qualities OR god's inhabiting this ethnobotantical). Thanks for all your feedback. Good to know that it's cool to mix with pot.

Xenophobic I have recently switched to kava that is only the whole root and not extracted (usually what gives us all these side effects with pharmaceutical drugs) and feel less stomach duress and a generally good feeling. Thanks for reminding me about that - it all made sense when you mentioned that.

I will take some kava when my mushroom harvest is complete and will report my experience when mixing these 2 entheogens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience